The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hab Injuries

H_T_L

Per John Lu:

"Weber says he won’t be wearing any extra protection for his apparent left hand injury. He wouldn’t disclose how long he may have been suffering from this injury prior to being shut down on April 30"

That last bit is the most interesting to me.  If it was an injury just before Ap 30 wouldnt he say?  Makes you wonder if he has indeed been playing hurt for a while. 

Just now, maas_art said:

Per John Lu:

"Weber says he won’t be wearing any extra protection for his apparent left hand injury. He wouldn’t disclose how long he may have been suffering from this injury prior to being shut down on April 30"

That last bit is the most interesting to me.  If it was an injury just before Ap 30 wouldnt he say?  Makes you wonder if he has indeed been playing hurt for a while. 

I mentioned it before but the telling part for me was when he had that fight and it looked like he was intentionally missing with his punches. His shooting was another tell as i don't ever recall  him passing off as much as he was for quite awhile now. When he did shoot it sure seemed to be softer then normal, and he was missing the mark a large portion of the time.

5 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I mentioned it before but the telling part for me was when he had that fight and it looked like he was intentionally missing with his punches. His shooting was another tell as i don't ever recall  him passing off as much as he was for quite awhile now. When he did shoot it sure seemed to be softer then normal, and he was missing the mark a large portion of the time.

Agree. It was just so out of character for him - i mean obviously he's regressing, we all do - but this was something else. Lets hope he's truly back to 100%. 

A managed Weber didn't hurt us tonight and Dano was just average. Gally looks like he hasn't played in a couple months. Hopefully he only gets better.

Strong game by Price. The weak goal didn't surface tonight.

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

A managed Weber didn't hurt us tonight and Dano was just average. Gally looks like he hasn't played in a couple months. Hopefully he only gets better.

Strong game by Price. The weak goal didn't surface tonight.

Yes. Weber's deployment seemed to be good. Played a safe game, I thought. Gallagher was invisible.  Conditioning not there, and not sure about the hand. Price played well enough. Made some big saves, but left too many rebounds and was always on his knees. Surprisingly,  Leafs didn't try to exploit this. Habs did a pretty good job keeping the Leafs to the outside,  for the most part. 

6 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Yes. Weber's deployment seemed to be good. Played a safe game, I thought. Gallagher was invisible.  Conditioning not there, and not sure about the hand. Price played well enough. Made some big saves, but left too many rebounds and was always on his knees. Surprisingly,  Leafs didn't try to exploit this. Habs did a pretty good job keeping the Leafs to the outside,  for the most part. 

Yikes. Way too reserved. Webber had his worst year. No doubt. His game today was very good. Let’s keep it real. His “deployment?” Whats that mean. You mean his 5 min on the power play? His 6 minutes penalty killing? His basic average of 24 ish minutes a game? He was dang good. Period! Best Dman on the ice tonight for either side. It’s been awhile since I could say that. Seems getting his health and rest may have been what the doctor ordered for the playoffs. Cuz there’s no doubt he was fading as the season went along. Just like last year. Only more pronounced. But tonight? Hell no. 

price had great rebound control like always. Smothered hard shots. 

gally was so so. Didn’t have his top gear. His legs would fade after 20 to 25. He will get Stronger as things go. Didn’t take him long to mark up his face. 

Winning the 1st game will hopefully get in Toronto's head now aside from the fact Tavaras will be done for the series ...if this isn't an example of concussion protocol then nothing is ..Like everyone else I hope he's alright but have a big problem with Foligno wanting a fight over clearly something accidental ...the league won't even review this but the Toronto sports media likes to call it a "knee to the head " rather than "accidental knee to the head "....

6 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

Winning the 1st game will hopefully get in Toronto's head now aside from the fact Tavaras will be done for the series ...if this isn't an example of concussion protocol then nothing is ..Like everyone else I hope he's alright but have a big problem with Foligno wanting a fight over clearly something accidental ...the league won't even review this but the Toronto sports media likes to call it a "knee to the head " rather than "accidental knee to the head "....

I dont think it helps that it was Perry who is known for taking cheap shots - obviously this was 100% NOT that (he and Tavares are friends off ice i believe) but if it had been someone less physical from our roster I think they may not have reacted as much.

That said, did you see what Perry said Foligno said to him before the fight?  "I know it was an accident but he's our captain. Lets put an end to this" (Paraphrasing.

8 hours ago, dreegking said:

Yikes. Way too reserved. Webber had his worst year. No doubt. His game today was very good. Let’s keep it real. His “deployment?” Whats that mean. You mean his 5 min on the power play? His 6 minutes penalty killing? His basic average of 24 ish minutes a game? He was dang good. Period! Best Dman on the ice tonight for either side. It’s been awhile since I could say that. Seems getting his health and rest may have been what the doctor ordered for the playoffs. Cuz there’s no doubt he was fading as the season went along. Just like last year. Only more pronounced. But tonight? Hell no. 

gally was so so. Didn’t have his top gear. His legs would fade after 20 to 25. He will get Stronger as things go. Didn’t take him long to mark up his face. 

Yes, reserved. I kept it real. They minimized his minutes against the Leafs top line!  That's what I'm talking about 'deployment '. He made safe passes and didn't hold on to the puck too long. You have your opinion, and you read mine. Best defenceman? There were a few that played very well. Although,  I  didn't think Chiarot played well.

Price? Yeah. He smothered the shots that hit him in the midsection.  His timing is still a little off, but,  hopefully,  he gets better. Nice that he had a little luck on his side for a change.

8 hours ago, dreegking said:

I agree completely Weber had a great game clean crisp passes he made a couple defensive plays that were great stopped one for sure goal. Unfortunately Petry had a tough night and was stripped of the puck and taken advantage of a couple of times. No one to hear it but Stahl actually played a solid game and had a few nice set ups. Gallagher looked a little winded but I'm sure he'll get better as he gets his legs. 

41 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I dont think it helps that it was Perry who is known for taking cheap shots - obviously this was 100% NOT that (he and Tavares are friends off ice i believe) but if it had been someone less physical from our roster I think they may not have reacted as much.

That said, did you see what Perry said Foligno said to him before the fight?  "I know it was an accident but he's our captain. Lets put an end to this" (Paraphrasing.

yeah the whole thing makes a mockery of the "code" ....Foligno took it upon himself to decide that a fight over an accident would somehow solve something but it didn't ...Perry was visibly upset as were all the hockey players ...what does Foligno want ? ...the exalted Toronto Maple Leaf "C" ?...the pundits were falling all over themselves to explain how this was just the way it is in "hockey" ...Tavaras will be the first guy to say it was an accident ...Foligno , the former Columbus captain , is an over-inflated  idiot...I have a feeling most Toronto fans didn't see the point in the fight  

39 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

yeah the whole thing makes a mockery of the "code" ....Foligno took it upon himself to decide that a fight over an accident would somehow solve something but it didn't ...Perry was visibly upset as were all the hockey players ...what does Foligno want ? ...the exalted Toronto Maple Leaf "C" ?...the pundits were falling all over themselves to explain how this was just the way it is in "hockey" ...Tavaras will be the first guy to say it was an accident ...Foligno , the former Columbus captain , is an over-inflated  idiot...I have a feeling most Toronto fans didn't see the point in the fight  

From the comments in the TO papers, their fans didn't see the point in the fight, and the majority of them feel that it was an accident that JT got hurt. 

1 hour ago, 26NCounting said:

I completely missed it, what happened to Evans??

Im not sure what play he got hurt on but he left the game in the second for a bit, came back & played one shift & then was done for the night. 

9 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

DD says that Jake is day to day. Didn't say if it's UBI or LBI.

I swear that TSN said upper body last night but i cant find any info on it now.   He's listed as day to day though. 

20 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

From the comments in the TO papers, their fans didn't see the point in the fight, and the majority of them feel that it was an accident that JT got hurt. 

Yeah its a tough one.  I totally dont think Perry should have had to fight, it was a complete accident but on the flip side - he did, its done its over... i almost feel like Perry would rather fight at that point than wonder if they are going to try to target him or another player next game. 

On 5/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, CaptWelly said:

I agree completely Weber had a great game clean crisp passes he made a couple defensive plays that were great stopped one for sure goal. Unfortunately Petry had a tough night and was stripped of the puck and taken advantage of a couple of times. No one to hear it but Stahl actually played a solid game and had a few nice set ups. Gallagher looked a little winded but I'm sure he'll get better as he gets his legs. 

Ya. Petry didn’t play very good at sll. And Staal was so blah! Do we disagree. He had one huge turnover for an odd man rush against. It was ugly. On oh he did nothing. One jam at a puck during a scramble. No way should he be playing above JK. Insane. 

On 5/21/2021 at 10:19 AM, electron58 said:

Yes, reserved. I kept it real. They minimized his minutes against the Leafs top line!  That's what I'm talking about 'deployment '. He made safe passes and didn't hold on to the puck too long. You have your opinion, and you read mine. Best defenceman? There were a few that played very well. Although,  I  didn't think Chiarot played well.

Price? Yeah. He smothered the shots that hit him in the midsection.  His timing is still a little off, but,  hopefully,  he gets better. Nice that he had a little luck on his side for a change.

I still disagree. In a high or salty game his 5 on 5 is about that. He was involved in 9 pp type units. That’s tonnes. And he played tonnes against that line. His Share. They played 25 min as an average. lol. I think you are seeing things that were not there. Sorry. I think we can agree for a man still mending he looked darn good. Better than before his healing time. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Heard he was back to his hotel room and feeling OK. 

7 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

That's good news. He obviously suffered a concussion, but hopefully it's something he can overcome in the next few weeks. Evans was playing great for us!

Definitely great news.  One would assume he's gone for at least this series (as should Scheifle be)  but if he reovers well, maybe he'll be around for the next one. They wont know much until the swelling starts - usually 2-3 days after the incident - but its great news he's out of the hospital.

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Definitely great news.  One would assume he's gone for at least this series (as should Scheifle be)  but if he reovers well, maybe he'll be around for the next one. They wont know much until the swelling starts - usually 2-3 days after the incident - but its great news he's out of the hospital.

The NHL will show us what they're made of once again when it comes to suspending Scheifle ...Apparently  the pundits only think it at most 1-this is sad2 games for skating the length of the ice , leaving your feet ,hitting a guy in the head , knocking him out and possibly ending his career ...he should be out for a minimum of 6 games for a hit that didn't have to happen ...coupled with the "analysts '  claims he isn't a dirty player and has no history I'm getting sick just writing this ..Wilson had plenty of history of suspensions , drove a players head into the ice and got nothing ...sad comment 

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Confirmation of what we already know. Concussion and out indefinitely.

Montreal Canadiens' Jake Evans Evans 'doing better', out indefinitely with concussion - TSN.ca

Lehky is now good to go so we have the option of him or Tuna. Rumblings that Romanov might play.

I definitely would love to see Romanov in.

Up front, id actually consider Lehks and Tatar.   Tuna to replace Evans but Lehks to swap in for Byron.  Byron has been good but not great and Lehks offers a few more options than PB.  

7 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I definitely would love to see Romanov in.

Up front, id actually consider Lehks and Tatar.   Tuna to replace Evans but Lehks to swap in for Byron.  Byron has been good but not great and Lehks offers a few more options than PB.  

yeah i love byron but switching it up a little and giving some player a bit of rest is not a bad idea

• H_T_L locked this topic