The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

5 hours ago, archey said:

Man I have no idea. I know I have no legal or legitimate right to know what is wrong with JA. I sure hope the best for him though if it's any of my business.

All i really do know is that I want to be buried at sea. The crew can wear masks. Hell. Everybody can do that. Just don't go to the gym afterwards till a nice Sunday if that makes any sense.

Whale on a beach sighting! 

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Anderson back in the lineup tonight. May have been food poisoning that he suffered from.

Good news.  Sounds like he was tested multiple times for Covid, all negative.  I assume they are being super pro-active with the testing to keep the whole team safe. 

8 hours ago, dreegking said:

So, Drouin was sick, hurt, her not playing well? Cuz he did not dress last game.

8 hours ago, dreegking said:

I did not hear his name once. I don't think so. 

Someone had to sit. 

U can check nhl.com, livescore.com etc players stats. There u can figure out who was playing on game before asking here.

15 hours ago, dreegking said:

So, Drouin was sick, hurt, her not playing well? Cuz he did not dress last game.

He had 15 mins of ice time, right in line with all the other forwards ... you probably didn't hear his name because he didn't do much in his last few shifts.

Alexander Romanov took a puck to the face off Jonathan Drouin's stick and left Friday's practice. Head coach Claude Julien said Romanov needed a few stitches, but suffered no fractures and will be available to play on Saturday

Dodged a bullet there. This is why i'm not crazy about trading Mete. We have some depth but if a couple guys go down we get pretty thin quickly.

8 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Alexander Romanov took a puck to the face off Jonathan Drouin's stick and left Friday's practice. Head coach Claude Julien said Romanov needed a few stitches, but suffered no fractures and will be available to play on Saturday

Dodged a bullet there. This is why i'm not crazy about trading Mete. We have some depth but if a couple guys go down we get pretty thin quickly.

I read that this morning and immediately had flashbacks of Juulsen!

25 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Any trade that includes Mete, needs a DEE coming back. So, if we can somehow upgrade? I'm in.

Claude Julien told reporters that forward Joel Armia is doing "really well" and is on the mend. He has not been skating recently because of flu-like symptoms, however he is not on the NHL's COVID-19 list. Julien added the hope is to get him back with the team for Monday's practice

On 2/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, H_T_L said:

Claude Julien told reporters that forward Joel Armia is doing "really well" and is on the mend. He has not been skating recently because of flu-like symptoms, however he is not on the NHL's COVID-19 list. Julien added the hope is to get him back with the team for Monday's practice

That's good news. Would really like to see Armia back in the lineup.

Great. If you are a dozen games in and no one is injured, that’s a rare blessing. Good stuff. Teams seem much healthier overall these days In General. Funny how that goes, when you take a harder stance on slashing, cross checks, head blows, etc. It’s a much much better league. And talent is in display. 

On 2/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, H_T_L said:

This is why i'm not crazy about trading Mete. We have some depth but if a couple guys go down we get pretty thin quickly.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, electron58 said:

Any trade that includes Mete, needs a DEE coming back. So, if we can somehow upgrade? I'm in.

Agree.  I dont want to trade Mete just for the sake of making a trade. But i could see him being a really interesting part of a trade if you were to, say, trade one of our forwards for a top three defensman - Mete helps balance out the deal and gives the other team a chance to replace the Dman they are losing. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

DD said in his presser that Josh doesn't "seem" to be too hurt but, he'll have to wait until tomorrow. 

Im glad they arent taking any risks this year. Player gets injured & then are done for the game. Id rather be overcautious and lose a guy for 1 game vs. months or a whole season like when some of our players have gotten hurt, come back and made it much worse. 

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

any word on Josh? seems he missed practice....

They are saying day to day.

I think the official words were "he's not doing too badly" - which makes me think, they are waiting for any swelling to go down to be sure.  So at this point sounds like they are hopeful but wont be 100% sure just yet. 

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I heard Josh skated yesterday but i haven't seen any news on him today. Anybody?

Skated by himself before team practice today, did not participate in regular practice. Renaud Lavoie reports that he looked pretty fast today and also commented that he had suffered a left leg injury (we knew it was lower body and the video looked like his left leg had gotten caught in a flexed position as he was slewfooted, so not surprised). Either he just hyperextended a ligament or else he has a tear in his ACL but is able to play through it and would get surgery in the off-season. Guess we'll see.