The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs and Flames Sat Jan 30th 7:00 p.m.

Which line scores our first goal?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who's line will score the first goal tonight?

• We'll get shut out so nobody
    • Suzuki
    • Dano
    • KK
    • Evans
    • A D-man

Last game in January and if you think the Flames were motivated last game after losing 2 to the Leafs,,, imagine how fired up they'll be for this one after being bounced last Thursday.

Stay out of the box and take an early lead,,,,, should.be the Hab battle cry for this one. I imagine Price gets the start but don't be shocked if you see Allen in just to keep him sharp

• H_T_L pinned this topic

I shouldn't have to think about Lucic when I'm calmly walking my dog the day after a game..

What does that mean for tomorrow? I don't know. I imagine CJ must have some idea of who he is better than me. I sure hope so.

At this point I'd start Carey myself..

5 minutes ago, archey said:

I shouldn't have to think about Lucic when I'm calmly walking my dog the day after a game..

What does that mean for tomorrow? I don't know. I imagine CJ must have some idea of who he is better than me. I sure hope so.

Wait, Claude is walking your dog? 

2 hours ago, archey said:

lucic has along history of being an azz...

10 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Last game in January and if you think the Flames were motivated last game after losing 2 to the Leafs,,, imagine how fired up they'll be for this one after being bounced last Thursday.

Stay out of the box and take an early lead,,,,, should.be the Hab battle cry for this one. I imagine Price gets the start but don't be shocked if you see Allen in just to keep him sharp

I'd be shocked if it was Allen. Price is well rested, so he will get the start. I think Allen goes Monday against the Canucks.

Thinking Price - Allen - Price - Allen -Price in next 5 through next Saturday vs Sens. Also gives Carey 3 day rest prior to Leaf game on the 10th.

Really like what I see so far this year. Balanced attack, speed showing up in the multiple odd man rushes we see almost every period, and defence has been good. Carey will get better, and Jake is just what we've needed for years.

KK has been awesome, as I was a bit worried about him, and Romanov has been as good as his advanced press. I did however think his last game was his weakest so far, caght out of position a couple of times, and a poorly judged pinch when up 2-0..

Anyways, enjoying all of this and let's kick butt tonight. Go Habs Go

18 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Looks like I will be shocked.  I'm hearing that  Jake Allen's Bell Centre debut happens tonight. I'm definitely not disappointed. I'm very pro Jake Allen!

11 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Looks like I will be shocked.  I'm hearing that  Jake Allen's Bell Centre debut happens tonight. I'm definitely not disappointed. I'm very pro Jake Allen!

Claude Julien confirms that Jake Allen will start in net tonight.

The Flames had a players only meeting after the game on Thurs.

Allens career stats. VS the Flames. 6-2-1, with an .887 save percentage and 3.36 GAA.

Edited by kinot-2

24 minutes ago, electron58 said:

13 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Claude Julien confirms that Jake Allen will start in net tonight.

What a difference a year makes. That wouldn't even have been a conversation last season. Makes total sense to have Allen in there once every 3 games.

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

What a difference a year makes. That wouldn't even have been a conversation last season. Makes total sense to have Allen in there once every 3 games.

Methinks CJ knows he (Allen), will get one of the games either Mon. or Tues., and wants to keep him fresh. 

Heading into Saturday night’s game, Phillip Danault, Paul Byron and Brett Kulak were the only three Canadiens players yet to score a goal.

Here’s how the forward lines and defence pairings will look for the Canadiens against the Flames:

Tatar – Danault – Gallagher
Drouin – Suzuki – Anderson
Toffoli – Kotkaniemi – Perry
Byron – Evans – Lehkonen

Chiarot – Weber
Edmundson – Petry
Kulak – Romanov

Allen

Price.

Edited by kinot-2
21 hours ago, HARBORSPORT said:

lucic has along history of being an azz...

Well I'm just sayin..Lots of things have changed since 1964 but unsportsmanlike conduct not being called isn't one of them. Or is it?  Lol

42 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

It has been agreat stat and fun to watch so far. No reason to stop now. Go HABS GO!

This game will be a character builder against a desperate flames team - I’m hoping we can kick them while they are down and that Allen and the D, have a strong game 

Just now, HARBORSPORT said:

ok.....I'm putting in my order for at least 2 bananas per period, more as needed

OK, but, it comes with a caveat. It's not my job to score goals. :P

7 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

OK, but, it comes with a caveat. It's not my job to score goals. :P

Just so it's not the same way I don't scale fish..Heck we might need ya.

Just now, archey said:

Just so it's not the same way I don't scale fish..Heck we might need ya.

No "might" about it. You need me just as much as you need Duke. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic