The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs deserved to lose this one. Other than Allen, not a lot of guys who showed up. Until they admit that Weber/Chiarot/Edmundson doesn't work in today's NHL, they aren't going anywhere.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
7 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Habs deserved to lose this one. Other than Allen, not a lot of guys who showed up. Until they admit that Weber/Chiarot/Edmundson doesn't work in today's NHL, they aren't going anywhere.

You have that right - Edmundson is marginally better than Chiarot and that isn't saying much. This team is better from the games that I saw with Kulak in the lineup - at least he applies some effort.. So disappointed with Dano and Tatar - their magic has just disappeared. Time to put Frolik in the lineup as most of the forwards with the exception of Anderson, Suzuki and Gallagher / Toffoli, flat out stunk

19 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Spot on!

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Outshot 6-0 in OT.

Scoring chances also something like 8 to 1 for Ottawa in OT and high-danger chances 4 to 0, including 3 breakaways. Pathetic.

Habs looked terrible tonight. I have to say, I have not been impressed with their body of work so far this year, especially outside of their games vs Vancouver. Of course, the two losses to sens stick out the most. Let me start with the players I thought looked especially bad... Romanov and Mete, Drouin, The rest of the def. Toffoli, Suzuki, (a couple ghastly plays, most notably in ot)- Anderson... all in all- sloppy, and no jump/flow. This isn’t the first time I’ve noticed it, but they have no intensity or flow to their game right now. ... no tempo! Suzuki is disappointing to me. Every now and then, he flashes something, and I’m like, wow. This kid is good. But then, he disappears for games on end. I think Lehkonen deserves a shot in a more prominent role (obviously better than scratched. I understand he doesn’t have the top end talent, but he can play with anyone and in any situation... he is the most consistent player we have, outside of Gallagher. I think it’s time to change up a few things. Suzuki needs to step up his game. I would do one of 2 things... either put him alongside Gallagher (to have someone that will press him and hold him accountable), or I’d drop him down the lineup. Here are my 2 scenarios:

A. 1. Lehkonen- Suzuki- Gallagher   2. Tatar- Kotkaniemi - Anderson 3. Armia - Danault- Toffoli 4. Drouin/Perry - Evans/Drouin - Byron/Drouin

B. 1. Tatar- Kotkaniemi- Gallagher  2. Anderson - Suzuki - Armia. 3. Lehkonen - Danault - Toffoli  4. Drouin/Byron -Evans -Drouin/Perry. (Drouin and Lehkonen could play themselves up to either Tatar’s or Armia’s spots).

1 hour ago, jfcambell11 said:

Habs looked terrible tonight. I have to say, I have not been impressed with their body of work so far this year, especially outside of their games vs Vancouver. Of course, the two losses to sens stick out the most. Let me start with the players I thought looked especially bad... Romanov and Mete, Drouin, The rest of the def. Toffoli, Suzuki, (a couple ghastly plays, most notably in ot)- Anderson... all in all- sloppy, and no jump/flow. This isn’t the first time I’ve noticed it, but they have no intensity or flow to their game right now. ... no tempo! Suzuki is disappointing to me. Every now and then, he flashes something, and I’m like, wow. This kid is good. But then, he disappears for games on end. I think Lehkonen deserves a shot in a more prominent role (obviously better than scratched. I understand he doesn’t have the top end talent, but he can play with anyone and in any situation... he is the most consistent player we have, outside of Gallagher. I think it’s time to change up a few things. Suzuki needs to step up his game. I would do one of 2 things... either put him alongside Gallagher (to have someone that will press him and hold him accountable), or I’d drop him down the lineup. Here are my 2 scenarios:

A. 1. Lehkonen- Suzuki- Gallagher   2. Tatar- Kotkaniemi - Anderson 3. Armia - Danault- Toffoli 4. Drouin/Perry - Evans/Drouin - Byron/Drouin

B. 1. Tatar- Kotkaniemi- Gallagher  2. Anderson - Suzuki - Armia. 3. Lehkonen - Danault - Toffoli  4. Drouin/Byron -Evans -Drouin/Perry. (Drouin and Lehkonen could play themselves up to either Tatar’s or Armia’s spots).

I'm thinking that Claude Julien is afraid of change. He consistently gets outcoached. 

• H_T_L locked this topic