Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mar. 2, Sens @ the Habs 7 PM, est.


Recommended Posts

Per Ducharme/practice: 

- Anderson is "doubtful"
- He has not decided on the goalie for next game (will announce tues AM)
- Lineup - including all d pairs - most likely remains the same as last game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • H_T_L pinned this topic

Yeah. We cannot let the Senators become the new Red Wings. We need to get a win this evening. January was great. February was awful. Now it's March. Time to turn the page on last month and get back to winning some games. Allen should go. If not, I will be very disappointed in Ducharme's decision-making.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah. We cannot let the Senators become the new Red Wings. We need to get a win this evening. January was great. February was awful. Now it's March. Time to turn the page on last month and get back to winning some games. 

This. 

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Allen should go. If not, I will be very disappointed in Ducharme's decision-making.

Im already a little concerned. I am just hoping he doesnt want to "rock the boat" with regard to too many changes all at once but Im not sure how he doesnt fix some of the really obvious problems he inherited from Julien. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, maas_art said:

This. 

Im already a little concerned. I am just hoping he doesnt want to "rock the boat" with regard to too many changes all at once but Im not sure how he doesnt fix some of the really obvious problems he inherited from Julien. 

Great article on Sportsnet this morning regarding why Ducharme is using both Danault and Price the way he is. Basically it says that Ducharme knows how important the two of them are to this teams success and wants to give them the chance to turn their seasons around but he can't wait too long to make changes if they can't turn it around quickly enough. I think Ducharme feels like with the changes he made to the system he can get them back on track quite quickly.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-notebook-ducharme-living-dream-price-danaults-usage/

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Great article on Sportsnet this morning regarding why Ducharme is using both Danault and Price the way he is. Basically it says that Ducharme knows how important the two of them are to this teams success and wants to give them the chance to turn their seasons around but he can't wait too long to make changes if they can't turn it around quickly enough. I think Ducharme feels like with the changes he made to the system he can get them back on track quite quickly.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-notebook-ducharme-living-dream-price-danaults-usage/

And i totally get that with regards to those 2 guys.  Price at the top of  his game is better than Anderson at his. Danault at 55+ points is a huge help with 3 other young centres... I totally understand why DD would want to get them firing again...


.....but what the heck is the excuse for Chairot on the top Pair? There are several choices on defense that are... head scratchers at best at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maas_art said:

And i totally get that with regards to those 2 guys.  Price at the top of  his game is better than Anderson at his. Danault at 55+ points is a huge help with 3 other young centres... I totally understand why DD would want to get them firing again...


.....but what the heck is the excuse for Chairot on the top Pair? There are several choices on defense that are... head scratchers at best at this point. 

No idea LOL, It certainly is a headscratcher lol.

On a side note according to ColHockeyNow two teams (Colorado and Edmonton) called on Price's availability heading into the draft last season and were told he is not available. Have to think that if things don't change soon for the Habs that this could change heading into this years draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

We CAN and WILL win tonight 4-2!

I think we can too, but playing Price in his current frame of mind is a big gamble when you have a much hotter second option.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I dont doubt teams called. Would be interesting to know what they were offering. Obviously we'd have to take back salary but if Colorado was offering say Byram + Grubauer +  (we'd have to take back a goalie) then it would have been in MB's best interest to listen. If they were just offering spare parts & expecting him to view it as a salary dump, i dont he would have had any interest.  Might now though - although MB is stubborn. I think his idea of a cup champion in montreal starts with Price, Weber, Gallagher, Petry etc.  Even though several of them are slowing down. 

 

44 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

We CAN and WILL win tonight 4-2!

I agree. They've been doing a lot of things right the last 2 games. I think tonight is the night. I hope its even more dominant a win (although I'll settle for any win, tbh). 
 

39 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I think we can too, but playing Price in his current frame of mind is a big gamble when you have a much hotter second option.

Also agree.  We need Price to get back to his old self but we need wins MORE right now. I sure hope they know what they are doing.   Price has been up & down. A few terrific games and several horrendous ones. Hopefully we get 'good price' tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Price in tonight........wow I could be wrong but I think it is a mistake! Ottawa is playing with some swagger right now and Price is like a piece of glass a couple of bad goals and he will shatter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ducharme had a chance to put his stamp on this team by starting Allen and he chose not to upset Price. Carey is still the boss and I hope he plays really well tonight. Ducharme is beginning his tenure as a Julien clone with just a different voice in the players' ears.

I like Price but I also like making the play-offs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

Ducharme had a chance to put his stamp on this team by starting Allen and he chose not to upset Price. Carey is still the boss and I hope he plays really well tonight. Ducharme is beginning his tenure as a Julien clone with just a different voice in the players' ears.

I like Price but I also like making the play-offs.

Im not prepared to fully judge Ducharme until he's got 15-20 games under his belt but yeah, its not starting great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

Ducharme had a chance to put his stamp on this team by starting Allen and he chose not to upset Price. Carey is still the boss and I hope he plays really well tonight. Ducharme is beginning his tenure as a Julien clone with just a different voice in the players' ears.

I like Price but I also like making the play-offs.

We are catching Ottawa on a back to back night after they did us a favour by throttling the Flames. Derek Stepan also gone for the season

if we don’t find our legs and energy tonight then this is a huge disappointment 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, claremont said:

We are catching Ottawa on a back to back night after they did us a favour by throttling the Flames. Derek Stepan also gone for the season

if we don’t find our legs and energy tonight then this is a huge disappointment 

It isn't Derek Stepan that worries me. It's Batherson, Tkachuk, and Stutzle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

Ducharme had a chance to put his stamp on this team by starting Allen and he chose not to upset Price. Carey is still the boss and I hope he plays really well tonight. Ducharme is beginning his tenure as a Julien clone with just a different voice in the players' ears.

I like Price but I also like making the play-offs.

For all we know Price may have looked great in the last couple of practices. I agree I probably would of chosen Allen , but I'm not there and Price isn't just any goaltender. I'm sure he's consulted with the goalie coaches ect. If he looks bad early he can always pull him also. I'm sure Price wants to get back in there to prove himself also. I think Carey himself knows he's probably on a short leash. He's been coach for two games. I think we all should give him a little lee way. We all know we need to win now but I'm sure he's aware of that also. Funny how all of us fans can see everything so oblivious and clearly (myself included) but I didn't even get called about coaching the team? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very suprised to see Price get the nod tonight? However I have not witnessed what has been going on at practice and hopefully the coaching staff has and then made the right decision. Tonight's game will have a major impact on both Price and Ducharme should the decision go sour! I really hope Price comes ready to play as it will play a major role in his overall attitude and moral right now. Showing up physically will not cut it. He has to be mentally sharp and focused for 60 minutes as do the guys in front of him. Saturday was a real positive step for the team and hopefully all of that good work will not go to waste tonight.

 

I predicted three wins this week even considering what has been a disadvantage of playing at home. Staying positive and tonight will be the first of three!

Go Habs Go!!!:6396:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

For all we know Price may have looked great in the last couple of practices. I agree I probably would of chosen Allen , but I'm not there and Price isn't just any goaltender. I'm sure he's consulted with the goalie coaches ect. If he looks bad early he can always pull him also. I'm sure Price wants to get back in there to prove himself also. I think Carey himself knows he's probably on a short leash. He's been coach for two games. I think we all should give him a little lee way. We all know we need to win now but I'm sure he's aware of that also. Funny how all of us fans can see everything so oblivious and clearly (myself included) but I didn't even get called about coaching the team? 

Is French your 1st language? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

It isn't Derek Stepan that worries me. It's Batherson, Tkachuk, and Stutzle.

Murray worries me the most. I think we can handle their scoring, im just not sure if we can score ourselves on this team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...