The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Player safety decisions.

1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

George will look silly when Wilson doesn't follow his code

Yeah,,, like he did chasing Lucy around the rink begging him to drop em.

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

This is prolly related somehow, but the Rags have fired John Davidson (President) and Jeff Gordon (GM).

Unbelievable! They've got a great team in the making.  Must have been political. Whoever takes over, will fast track this team to the Stanley Cup. bergevin's done 200% less, yet keeps his job. Go figure.

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I'll call BS on that. Rangers Owner apparently saying he fired them because the team under-performed. Usually when a team under-performs, you fire the coach. You rarely see the GM fired for that in-season when the coach doesn't also go. And when's the last time you saw a Team President fired after less than two years on the job? And with a reason that the team was under-performing? The Rangers had already announced a couple of years ago that they were re-building. They've gotten lucky winning the lottery and ending up with some key young guys and they added Panarin and frankly, for a team re-building, they've done a pretty darn good job of making themselves relevant again. No one should have expected this team to compete for a Cup this year or next, but they're certainly headed in the right direction. So I'll come back to not being sure how this is on the GM and especially not the President, who was brought in at the time the team announced they were re-building... doesn't make any sense. And if you really had a problem with Davidson and Gorton, why not just wait another two weeks and fire them then? This 100% sounds like there was something reactionary to the handling of the Panarin-Wilson incident. Just not sure which side of the argument Dolan is on and which side Davidson/Gorton are on.

For sure!  Definitely, will be hearing more.  Maybe from Davidson, himself.  Always a class act!

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Frank seravelli on Twitter stated that Davidson and Gordon were quick to distance themselves from

the team statement regarding the tom

wilson fine . I guess Dolan didn’t like it and got rid of them 

That makes sense then.  

46 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Got 2 games

The league is a joke. Its clown shoes. 

Dont get me wrong, Ghost deserved a suspension. But if thats 2 games, then Wilson should be out for a month. 

Daly, interviewed spewing verbal diarrhea about what a good job Parros is doing for the department of player safety. Every talk show talking about the injustice of the fine, the firing of the Ranger upper management and the Rangers standing up for what is right.  This was inevitable! Maybe the courts need to step in. Hard to say, how this can be fixed.

On 5/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, maas_art said:

Did you watch it in slow motion?  It happens fast but if you look at the replay above starting at around 1:37 he slams Buchnevich face first into the ice & then punches him in the head for good measure. At this point Buchnevich could have been unconscious - Wilson has no way of knowing after he went face first into the ice.  Thats suspension worthy imo.

I have no problem with guys sticking up for their teammates/goalies but doing in when someone is vulnerable is gutless and dangerous.

Sorry no I didn't watch it in slow motion, after doing so I would say he certainly did deserve a much more severe form of discipline maybe 3 games

16 hours ago, Regis22 said:

And it’s fight night in New York 

And we all know who the one person is to blame. But hey, the NHL loves the violence which is why Parros is in that position. 

3 hours ago, Regis22 said:

NY Rangers’ Pavel Buchnevich will have a hearing today for High-sticking Washington’s Anthony Mantha.

No question its suspension worthy but, do the rangers 'take matters into their own hands" if Wilson had been suspended an appropriate number of games vs. a ridiculously tiny fine?    

1 hour ago, ChiLla said:

250k fine for the Rangers while Wilson gets a slap on the wrist? Ridiculous. 

I guess words are more expensive then assaults.

46 minutes ago, maas_art said:

No question its suspension worthy but, do the rangers 'take matters into their own hands" if Wilson had been suspended an appropriate number of games vs. a ridiculously tiny fine?    

Yeah, last night's game likely plays out completely different if Wilson had been suspended by the league. Bush league player safety department gets you bush league antics on the ice in the following game.

4 hours ago, ChiLla said:

250k fine for the Rangers while Wilson gets a slap on the wrist? Ridiculous. 

They should tell the NHL to get stuffed, they're not paying.

16 minutes ago, olddude said:

They should tell the NHL to get stuffed, they're not paying.

It wouldn't affect the NHL if they refused to play they are already out of the playoffs, at less than half capacity and only have 2 games left that don't really matter for them. IF they want to send a real statement to the league, take the ice let them drop the puck then skate off and not play the game leave 10000 fans in the building. Angry fans who just paid good money to see a hockey game will storm the league offices and flood emails and Twitter accounts forcing the league to take action.

4 hours ago, campabee82 said:

250k Well spent if you ask me, although I agree with you that the whole situation is ridiculous.

Yeah. Too bad someone we know hasn't publicly commented about head shots against his players or a 2 handed slash across the back of the legs of JK. 

• H_T_L locked this topic