The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Player safety decisions.

22 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Reaves suspended two games .  Evander  Kane says instead of suspending him Vegas should be forced to play him 20 minutes a night 

Vegas coach says reeves is one of the cleanest players in the league and he didn’t see anything that would warrant a suspension.  I guess he didn’t see the clump of hair he pulled out or his knee on the guys head . Vegas coach should be fined for being an idiot 

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Boston Bruins forward Jake DeBrusk has been fined $5,000 by the NHL’s department of player safety for cross-checking New York Islanders defenceman Scott Mayfield.

The fine is the maximum allowable under the collective bargaining agreement.

Not even a penalty was called.

LOL...the ref was looking right at them! Is the fix already in?

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Boston Bruins forward Jake DeBrusk has been fined $5,000 by the NHL’s department of player safety for cross-checking New York Islanders defenceman Scott Mayfield.

The fine is the maximum allowable under the collective bargaining agreement.

Not even a penalty was called.

LOL...the ref was looking right at them! Is the fix already in?

1 minute ago, ramcharger440 said:

This bunch of idiots better get this right.

Chance for the Leaf lovers in Toronto to get even for knocking out their beloved gods. I'm not holding my breath.

13 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

This bunch of idiots better get this right.

Deliberate intent to injure .  He’ll probably get a fine , next game he neeeds to answer to someone 

11 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Deliberate intent to injure .  He’ll probably get a fine , next game he neeeds to answer to someone 

That's the first thing i said,,,,$5000.00 fine. Hell,,, they'll probably review KK for checking.

This is going to be interesting, all things considered one of the worst hits I've seen. On paper, it checks all boxes for a lengthy suspension, but it's the freaking DPS so anything is possible. I truly hope Evans is okay, what a terrible hit to throw, so unnecessary and no respect for the opponent whatsoever. Given his concussion history, I'm guessing he's done for the series at least. No reason Scheifele should be allowed to play before Evans can, he deserves to have the book thrown at him.

3 hours ago, ChiLla said:

This is going to be interesting, all things considered one of the worst hits I've seen. On paper, it checks all boxes for a lengthy suspension, but it's the freaking DPS so anything is possible. I truly hope Evans is okay, what a terrible hit to throw, so unnecessary and no respect for the opponent whatsoever. Given his concussion history, I'm guessing he's done for the series at least. No reason Scheifele should be allowed to play before Evans can, he deserves to have the book thrown at him.

Scheifele should suspended for at least the remainder of the series.  With enforcement being as inconsistent as it is, it wouldn't be a surprise if he got off.  

We'll get a spin of the wheel at best by DPS if they look at this at all. Wheel choices as follows,,,

Nothing

Hockey Play

fined 1000.00

fined 5000.00

1 game

2 games

It's just the way they work over there.

8 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

We'll get a spin of the wheel at best by DPS if they look at this at all. Wheel choices as follows,,,

Nothing

Hockey Play

fined 1000.00

fined 5000.00

1 game

2 games

Yeah, they'll probably stick to the 'hockey play with an unfortunate outcome' storyline and partly blame Evans for putting himself in a vulnerable position while trying to score a goal. Nohting suprises me anymore with those clowns in charge.

17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Nothing

Hockey Play

fined 1000.00

fined 5000.00

1 game

2 games

I want it to be for six games, minimum. Remove him from the series.

I have a feeling he'll get one.

Supposedly the last suspension for boarding was 7 games ( believe it was Wilson) and this one came from a farther distance. 

That hit will be the subject of discussion but IMO there's a couple more dirty hits in that game that need to be looked at. Perry took a head shot on that set up to Staal that was pretty ugly too and i can recall at least one more. 

52 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Anything less than 2 games will be a joke. 5 games sounds about right to me. A case could be made for more, but with Schiefele’s clean history, I’ll be surprised if he gets more than 2. What a terrible ending to a great game...

I would agree about the length, although I think the DPS has to consider how things could escalate if he's allowed to return to this series. 

The refs of last night's game own some of the blame here too.  The crosscheck to chiarot's face while he was defenseless on the ice should have meant an ejection for Scheifle 5 minutes earlier. 

43 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Since Scheifele was not offered an in-person hearing by the league's department of player safety, the maximum suspension he can face is five games.

I would've liked the league to say six games. Remove him from this series and possibly some games next season if the series doesn't go to seven. I could live with a five-game suspension, but... if this ends up being 1-2 games, I will feel like the league continues to screw up badly on these calls.

At least the referees made the right call on the ice.

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

I would agree about the length, although I think the DPS has to consider how things could escalate if he's allowed to return to this series. 

The refs of last night's game own some of the blame here too.  The crosscheck to chiarot's face while he was defenseless on the ice should have meant an ejection for Scheifle 5 minutes earlier. 

Good point about the officiating. I didn't actually see most of last night's game, but yeah... failure to control the game. Everyone was reporting that Scheifele was out of control for a good portion of the contest. Probably could've been prevented if the officials made a statement earlier in the game and penalized his behaviour.

52 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I would've liked the league to say six games. Remove him from this series and possibly some games next season if the series doesn't go to seven. I could live with a five-game suspension, but... if this ends up being 1-2 games, I will feel like the league continues to screw up badly on these calls.

At least the referees made the right call on the ice.

Imagine if they give him 4 and the series goes to game 6?  They are setting themselves up for a retribution situation & that is not wise on their part. 

52 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Good point about the officiating. I didn't actually see most of last night's game, but yeah... failure to control the game. Everyone was reporting that Scheifele was out of control for a good portion of the contest. Probably could've been prevented if the officials made a statement earlier in the game and penalized his behaviour.

He was in full Max Domi Berserker mode in the 3rd. I am sure he thought he was bringing energy and passion but he was not in control on several plays.  I understand hes' one of their best players so its tough for the refs to remove him but in hindsight I imagine they wish they had. 

• H_T_L locked this topic