DPS preparing to hand out discipline,,,,

Playoff hockey

Players should be responsible for keeping their head up

He turned into it

The player has no previous history of being dirty

Ruling: Reluctantly 1 game

Did i miss anything??

12 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Mathew Baranaby is suggesting 3-4 games.

I suspect it will be 2-3 but i think it should be 5 (the whole series if they were smart but its too late for that) . 

14 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I suspect it will be 2-3 but i think it should be 5 (the whole series if they were smart but its too late for that) . 

Same

With phone hearing being 5 or less and in-person being more than 5, where would a series suspension fall? Or do they not do that anymore?

14 minutes ago, booboo_mtl said:

Same

With phone hearing being 5 or less and in-person being more than 5, where would a series suspension fall? Or do they not do that anymore?

Series suspension would have to be in person.  They usually seem to prefer to set a number of games - so in this case 6 would insure its the series. 

The whole idea of "in person" and phone are sort of stupid these days. None of them are actually "in person" anymore, they are all via zoom.  

21 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Series suspension would have to be in person.  They usually seem to prefer to set a number of games - so in this case 6 would insure its the series. 

The whole idea of "in person" and phone are sort of stupid these days. None of them are actually "in person" anymore, they are all via zoom.  

Does anyone know for sure that an in-person hearing was not offered? All I see being reported is that he has a hearing, nothing says what was offered or accepted. The player has the right to refuse the phone hearing and if he does refuse the suspension can still be 6+ games. Hence my question of does anyone actually know what was offered.

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Since Scheifele was not offered an in-person hearing by the league's department of player safety, the maximum suspension he can face is five games.

5 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Does anyone know for sure that an in-person hearing was not offered? All I see being reported is that he has a hearing, nothing says what was offered or accepted. The player has the right to refuse the phone hearing and if he does refuse the suspension can still be 6+ games. Hence my question of does anyone actually know what was offered.

My post above was taken directly from TSN in one of their articles this morning

4 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Thanks for the link, I wouldn't be surprised if 2 suspensions come out of this Schiefele for his hit (3 games expected IMO) and Edmundson (1 game) for his veiled threat.

Doubt if he gets anything, nor should he.

7 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Doubt if he gets anything, nor should he.

Oh I wasn't saying he should get anything lol. I was being sort of sarcastic with the way the DOPS has ruled in cases involving headshots to the Habs this season.

11 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Oh I wasn't saying he should get anything lol. I was being sort of sarcastic with the way the DOPS has ruled in cases involving headshots to the Habs this season.

Yeah,,,, tough to not be sarcastic with DPS. I half joked they would probably review that penalty that KK took last night for checking, to see what they could squeeze out of it. A lot of these calls are just mind boggling.

6 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Yeah,,,, tough to not be sarcastic with DPS. I half joked they would probably review that penalty that KK took last night for checking, to see what they could squeeze out of it. A lot of these calls are just mind boggling.

Yeah saw that KK hit and was like WFT? How was that roughing, even the announcers and Garry Gally were like what the hell was that, 2 mins for checking?

1 minute ago, campabee82 said:

Yeah saw that KK hit and was like WFT? How was that roughing, even the announcers and Garry Gally were like what the hell was that, 2 mins for checking?

Wasn't the only questionable non call. Perry took a good head shot setting up Staal for his goal. Doubt he would have drawn a call had the goal not happened. I guess you need to be injured before DPS has a look at any head shots.

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Wasn't the only questionable non call. Perry took a good head shot setting up Staal for his goal. Doubt he would have drawn a call had the goal not happened. I guess you need to be injured before DPS has a look at any head shots.

Its the inconsistency that is the worst part.  Wilson gets away with murder and a fine, while Buchnevich (also suspension worthy) gets a 1 game ruling.   Its a joke, its broken and there's no consistently - other than it being consistently bad.  

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Its the inconsistency that is the worst part.  Wilson gets away with murder and a fine, while Buchnevich (also suspension worthy) gets a 1 game ruling.   Its a joke, its broken and there's no consistently - other than it being consistently bad.  

Lets not forget that Kadri gets 8 games for his hit.

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Well,,, we know the most we're going to see from today's call is 5 games max. Prepare to be disappointed because it will probably be 1 or 2 games. We've gotten the short end of calls dating back a few years now and i don't see things changing. They're quick to jump down our players mistakes ( Byron anyone??) but it seems to be a different rule book when the shoe is on the other foot.

3 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Lets not forget that Kadri gets 8 games for his hit.

Ya, but Kadri has a history of suspensions, whereas Schefeili does not.

• H_T_L locked this topic