The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs and Sens Sat @ 4:00

H_T_L

• H_T_L unpinned this topic

We need the media to ask the tough questions of the players and coaching staff. Like ask Weber if he is injured or just too slow to keep up with the play. Or ask Byron if he liked the assist he got on the 2nd Sens goal. Or how about asking Staal what he feels like he brings to the team without speed, skill or positioning? If faceoffs are all he brings why should he be in the lineup over Evans or Caufield cause we need more speed and definitely need scoring, neither of which screams Staal.

3 hours ago, southernhabfan said:

I have been following the Habs since I was 8..I remember ....err...what do I remember ? oh yeah...that even Jacques Plante finally knew when to retire. I watched him when he refused to wear  mask .....great goalie...great forwards et al. I hated it when my dad used to say " When we were younger..' but here I am him. lol. Obviously that was when there were only 6 teams....guess we were spoiled in those days...late 1950s early and late 60s

All this team has given us is memories. The time has passed to extinguish the torch.

7 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

If this is how the Habs play Calgary and Ottawa, how are they going to win a 7-game series against Toronto or Winnipeg? How are they going to compete with a Tampa or Colorado or Vegas or Washington? Spoiler: they aren't.

Funny thing I've noticed.  Some teams,  for whatever reason,  seem to do better against certain teams. Not sure why, but we owned Vancouver & can't do diddly against Sens or Flames. I think we just play better against good teams, or,  they play worse against us.

12 hours ago, electron58 said:

Funny thing I've noticed.  Some teams,  for whatever reason,  seem to do better against certain teams. Not sure why, but we owned Vancouver & can't do diddly against Sens or Flames. I think we just play better against good teams, or,  they play worse against us.

I think it may be called being outworked.

• H_T_L locked this topic