Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal vs Toronto Series Thread - games start May 20 -


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Left the game and no details were provided.

DD said he doesn't know if Evans will be ready for Game 2 but that the Habs think it'll be a short-term thing. Then again, how many times have we heard that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Tavares being injured really changes the balance of the series, IMO. I cannot imagine him being able to recover from that and play in this round. He clearly has a concussion. Feel bad for him. It was a brutal incident. 

Depends if the Leafs and Tavares try to footsy around it. He was clearly concussed. That requires a minimum of 7 days out of the lineup, which means if the NHL follows protocol, he shouldn't play until Game 6 at the earliest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

DD said he doesn't know if Evans will be ready for Game 2 but that the Habs think it'll be a short-term thing. Then again, how many times have we heard that?

That would give JK an opportunity. I actually would rather have Evans though. Also good for the Habs bad for JK Stahl actually had a good night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

JT has been discharged from the hospital. 

Thats good to hear. It was scary stuff. 

Cant imagine he will play any time in this series - at minimum he has to be out for a week but i would think they would want to take their time with a very scary looking head injury. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Thats good to hear. It was scary stuff. 

Cant imagine he will play any time in this series - at minimum he has to be out for a week but i would think they would want to take their time with a very scary looking head injury. 

Having seen it again today, it looked like he had blood on his face. Not sure tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Depends if the Leafs and Tavares try to footsy around it. He was clearly concussed. That requires a minimum of 7 days out of the lineup, which means if the NHL follows protocol, he shouldn't play until Game 6 at the earliest.

there's concussions and then there's CONCUSSIONS....Tavaras was taken off in a stretcher = done for at least this series ...even Toronto fans would/should question something earlier for his health

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

there's concussions and then there's CONCUSSIONS....Tavaras was taken off in a stretcher = done for at least this series ...even Toronto fans would/should question something earlier for his health

I agree! to rush him back could be career and life altering! I am glad he is ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Lost in all the developments last night was the fact the blue god saviour was kept off the scoreboard. That was a sweet bonus.

  Price was zoned on him all night ...the best chance was Marner on the 2 on 1 ..Montreal took time and space away like they did to Crosby and Malkin last year ...the decision to keep JK and CC out of game 1 looks pretty smart right now ...Thornton was spotlighted for weak play on both Montreal goals ...as predicted earlier Toronto's 4th line gassed in the 3rd ...stay out of the box is the key 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

there's concussions and then there's CONCUSSIONS....Tavaras was taken off in a stretcher = done for at least this series ...even Toronto fans would/should question something earlier for his health

 

15 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I agree! to rush him back could be career and life altering! I am glad he is ok.

 

For sure. They wont know the extent of this one until probably 2-3 days because its not until the swelling starts (Which is a couple of days after impact) that the symptoms start showing.  Hopefully he's ok long term but id be shocked (and more than a little concerned for his health) if he came back this series. 

 

On a positive note, if the Leafs lose the series they will now have their excuse (we would have won with JT, we were shaken up by the severity of the injury etc etc).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Campbell was not on the ice for the laffs morning skate, just Rittich and Anderson. 

   Interesting ....could be a rest thing but I noticed Montreal was testing Campbell high glove side all night ...both goals came there ...he still played decently well though .. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Campbell was not on the ice for the laffs morning skate, just Rittich and Anderson. 

 

8 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

   Interesting ....could be a rest thing but I noticed Montreal was testing Campbell high glove side all night ...both goals came there ...he still played decently well though .. 

Yeah, my guess a therapy or personal day.    

I think he played well but definitely beatable.  Reilly saved a goal & a few other times guys just flubbed. I think he's definitely beatable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

 

 

For sure. They wont know the extent of this one until probably 2-3 days because its not until the swelling starts (Which is a couple of days after impact) that the symptoms start showing.  Hopefully he's ok long term but id be shocked (and more than a little concerned for his health) if he came back this series. 

 

On a positive note, if the Leafs lose the series they will now have their excuse (we would have won with JT, we were shaken up by the severity of the injury etc etc).  

100% correct when habs beat them they already have there  excuse , we would of won if  jt was not hurt, bla bla bla 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rkgoalie said:

100% correct when habs beat them they already have there  excuse , we would of won if  jt was not hurt, bla bla bla 

This series is far from over ....they need to stay in Toronto's head and Price has to play the same way ... now Toronto is motivated to win one for the Gipper as a rallying cry ... no chickens being counted here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, arpem-can said:

This series is far from over ....they need to stay in Toronto's head and Price has to play the same way ... now Toronto is motivated to win one for the Gipper as a rallying cry ... no chickens being counted here 

So true. They are still favorites. But  the pressure of being told you are the best and this is the year is suddenly not as high, and the risk of losing is not as meaningful, your team just lost their captain, there is an opportunity for an excuse, there is a rallying point. 

I still hope we beat the crap out of them. But like you not ready to count my chickens after one game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Report on Tavares is a concussion and a leg or lower body injury as he fell awkwardly after the first hit.  Evans will be a big miss as he drives the playmaking on that line. If he can't go I would rather see Caufield come in on the fourth line with Byron moving to centre tha JK getting back in. Watching and resting may just be what Kotkoniemi needs right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Habberwacky said:

Report on Tavares is a concussion and a leg or lower body injury as he fell awkwardly after the first hit.  Evans will be a big miss as he drives the playmaking on that line. If he can't go I would rather see Caufield come in on the fourth line with Byron moving to centre tha JK getting back in. Watching and resting may just be what Kotkoniemi needs right now. 

I'm fine with KK coming in. Let's see how he performs! I think he'll be motivated to bring his 'A' game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I'm fine with KK coming in. Let's see how he performs! I think he'll be motivated to bring his 'A' game.

He did last year, when he is on he hits and is a threat to either score or set someone up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JK was one of our best players tonight.

Caufield and Romanov, hopefully along with Evans, all need to be in next game.

It's an easy decision for me for first two out. Staal and Merrill 100% both need to come out. They are putrid. Merrill was responsible for the first two goals against tonight in part and he contributes nothing positive. Staal is slow and can't keep up with the play to do anything.

The third guy out should be Perry. Also slow. Not helping the PP right now anyways and he's a liability at ES.

This Habs team can't score. It's been there problem for a long time, especially in the playoffs. You need to go back to who to find a guy who could score reliably in the playoffs, Mike Cammalleri? This team badly needs a player like Caufield. Suzuki looks off and could use a boost with him there. I'd line up

 

Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson

Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

 

Edmundson-Petry

Kulak-Weber

Romanov-Chiarot

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

JK was one of our best players tonight.

Caufield and Romanov, hopefully along with Evans, all need to be in next game.

It's an easy decision for me for first two out. Staal and Merrill 100% both need to come out. They are putrid. Merrill was responsible for the first two goals against tonight in part and he contributes nothing positive. Staal is slow and can't keep up with the play to do anything.

The third guy out should be Perry. Also slow. Not helping the PP right now anyways and he's a liability at ES.

This Habs team can't score. It's been there problem for a long time, especially in the playoffs. You need to go back to who to find a guy who could score reliably in the playoffs, Mike Cammalleri? This team badly needs a player like Caufield. Suzuki looks off and could use a boost with him there. I'd line up

 

Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson

Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

 

Edmundson-Petry

Kulak-Weber

Romanov-Chiarot

 

Agree. We go the split, so thats good but i felt like there was an opportunity to go up 2-0 tonight & we blew that, in large part due to personnel - both who was dressed and how they were used. 

 

JK was excellent & definitely should not miss another game.   Staal has been better than he was in the regular season & if Evans cant go, I can live with him in, but id really prefer to have Suzuki-JK-Danault-Evans if possible.

On wing, CC should be in & while Perry has been great this year, he's the guy i'd pull definitely.  Tatar hasnt been great but i feel like its a matter of time for that line to get clicking again.

On defense, Romanov for Merrill is a no-brainer.  The Merrill experiment has failed, its time for the team to realize that & get AR in the lineup.

Love you lines. I think we'd win comfortably with that lineup. Will we do it? Time will tell. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...