The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal vs Toronto. Game 1 Thursday May 20 7:30pm ET

21 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Let’s get ready to rumble!

Hoping we can be the team of 86,  young forwards like Suzuki, Evans, Caulfield to name a few to step it up in the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, maas_art said:

There is a slim chance he's not as bad as he's looked because a lot of the issues I saw seemed to be system and positioning related. He looked lost.  Maybe with a bunch of solid practices under his belt now, he'll be more comfortable and confident in his role (although I kind of doubt it).

How badly we all  hope for this slim possibility ....if it's up-tempo for 60 mins as expected the Thornton line won't be playing much in the 3rd

15 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

How badly we all  hope for this slim possibility ....if it's up-tempo for 60 mins as expected the Thornton line won't be playing much in the 3rd

Yeah its tough to say - The Marner/Matthews line gets upwards of 21-22 minus a night  so they cant play more but Tavares/Nylander usually average around 14 mins so they could take on more time for sure.  

Thornton/Spezza (and Simmonds) have been averaging around 11-12min TOI.  Nash hasnt played for them yet but his expected wingers are around 13-14 mins. 

The leafs definitely roll lines pretty evenly (after that top line). Tatar-Danault-Gallagher will be playing big minutes but how DD matches the other lines is going to be interesting to see. Id certainly rather give Suzuki/Evans the bulk of the remaining time & leave Staal/Perry for the sweeter matchups/less physically taxing shifts.   If you can manage to play those guys less, i think you'll get more value out of them TBH. 

8 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Keefe on line matching: 'I don't feel the need to protect Auston from anybody'

Well it's true that AM should have a net positive against any line he plays against - he's elite - but there's no doubt he should technically score less if he's playing against Danault than he would against, say, Staal's line. 

Lets hope in the Leaf's case they think its going to be such a cake-walk that:

wf2P134UK0xwviqxnVNYEyNrSSVAd2U685yKpMAV

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Well it's true that AM should have a net positive against any other line - he's elite - but there's no doubt he should technically score less if he's playing against Danault than he would against Staal's line. 

I'd like for Dano to shadow AM the same way Claude Provost shadowed Bobby Hull. 

Just now, kinot-2 said:

I'd like for Dano to shadow AM the same way Claude Provost shadowed Bobby Hull. 

For sure.  And having Gallagher back makes that line (and Tatar especially) so much more effective. 

My hope for this series is that we come out & win the first game because they weren't ready for us.  Get a bounce or two in game 2 and you're in their heads.   This series is winnable.  But can they do it? 

11 minutes ago, maas_art said:

For sure.  And having Gallagher back makes that line (and Tatar especially) so much more effective. 

My hope for this series is that we come out & win the first game because they weren't ready for us.  Get a bounce or two in game 2 and you're in their heads.   This series is winnable.  But can they do it? 

We have to be ready from the get-go. 

2 hours ago, southernhabfan said:

Who is bringing the beer and whiskey???:4224:

Throw in a couple lbs of hard salami the rolls and cheese to go with and I'll hit up with the cole slaw and a can of beer. LOL

49 minutes ago, CorpsPeauRate said:

My PS5 prediction. No mic!  Maybe for the better lol!

A real nail biter, eh? 

4 minutes ago, rkgoalie said:

1st  round always has a big upset, go habs go 

Go spend 10 minutes reading leaf articles. If we win this it will be the biggest crushing blow to them.  One writer actually wrote "a successful series for the habs would be to lose in 5 games"    

I can only imagine how much this stuff is motivating the guys. 

27 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Go spend 10 minutes reading leaf articles. If we win this it will be the biggest crushing blow to them.  One writer actually wrote "a successful series for the habs would be to lose in 5 games"    

I can only imagine how much this stuff is motivating the guys. 

The we can Laff all the way home..:4322:

AM's the shooter, but Marner is the passer. Take care of Marner and AM doesn't score, or will be less likely to. 

3 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

Ok...also some  Alaskan crab legs and lobster too...lol

Let me tell ya..No way do the proteins of so low a form of life not harm your health..So uh uh.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic