Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal vs Toronto Game 5 Thursday May 27 7pmET


The Odds  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. Are We Toast?

    • Stick a Fork In Us, We’re Done
    • We Win The Next Game But Not The Series
    • We Win The Next Two But Not The Series
    • We Win The Next Game And The Series
    • Whatever Happens We Blame Kinot


Recommended Posts

There's 2 choices id like to make in the poll but i went with the most likely (#blamekinot).


I actually think we have a 50/50 chance of winning this one. I think if they get an early bounce, they might manage it.  I dont think we will win the series (although i hope we do!) but i do think we can win this game.    

The interesting thing is that with some fans in the seats in game 6 we might actually have an advantage in that one... but i guess its time for all those old hockey cliches:

- Its do or die
- our backs are against the wall
- we'll just go out & win one game at a time
- there's no tomorrow
- the fourth win is the most difficult
 

Add your own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Manatee-X said:

I (not so) secretly think we're done, but I'm never not going to vote that we're going to win it all :P

 

As an optimist, that would have been my vote too, if there wasn't an even more applicable option in #blamekinot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best suggestion I've heard in a while (from another forum):

"How about they fire Bergevin today.The players might be so excited they will come back and win the series"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NOT liking the last poll question at all!!!! 

But on the other hand, if we win the and and the series series, then yes I will take the blame. :frech1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

There's 2 choices id like to make in the poll but i went with the most likely (#blamekinot).


I actually think we have a 50/50 chance of winning this one. I think if they get an early bounce, they might manage it.  I dont think we will win the series (although i hope we do!) but i do think we can win this game.    

The interesting thing is that with some fans in the seats in game 6 we might actually have an advantage in that one... but i guess its time for all those old hockey cliches:

- Its do or die
- our backs are against the wall
- we'll just go out & win one game at a time
- there's no tomorrow
- the fourth win is the most difficult
 

Add your own. 

Duly noted, now to find out who the other guy is. :wut2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Best suggestion I've heard in a while (from another forum):

"How about they fire Bergevin today.The players might be so excited they will come back and win the series"

 

OMG yes.   Fire the whole damned management team. let the players coach themselves.   Couldnt be any worse!:4224:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

OMG yes.   Fire the whole damned management team. let the players coach themselves.   Couldnt be any worse!:4224:

:6280:

Ain't it da troot?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Best suggestion I've heard in a while (from another forum):

"How about they fire Bergevin today.The players might be so excited they will come back and win the series"

 

sounds like a plan to me !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, maas_art said:

OMG yes.   Fire the whole damned management team. let the players coach themselves.   Couldnt be any worse!:4224:

Ya know, I remember after a game in the late '70s (or was it in Dryden's book) that Bowman was livid during a game that we were leading something like 5-2, or 6-2. Shutt or the 
Flower said that we should go out and score another goal. They did. Bowman for some reason didn't like it that they scored another goal. LOL

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Hello  Habs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shoot the puck!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit fancy dancying  with your passes. 

LOL! yes I agree! Everyone should shoot the puck everytime they are near the net! they are always looking to make a perfect play. for sure there are times to deke and pass just not everytime! this is why CC looks so dangerous! he will shoot first pass later! imagine if JK shot more he has a great shot but they have him so screwed up he seems scared to shoot! same thing with the D they are scared to pinch in and when they do they seem to be tentative and lose the puck. at the begining of the year the players were just going for it and we were scoring and dangerous then the conservative upper mangement types seem to have decided we should play old school clutch and grab hockey and it all went out the window! we have hole in the lineup even with out injuries but we are better than we are playing for sure! we are very poorly coached and managed. if DOUCH is being told what to do by MB and he is letting this happen then he is a failure as a coach and his players are being let down by him and will never play for him if this is all on him then he is a real dud as a coach and does not have what it takes to coach in the big leagues at all. we were always going to struggle against the Leafs but we should at least be able to score more than this! it is not like the Leafs are a defensive powerhouse! I felt like we would lose games 4-3 not 4-0. where the hell is Romanov! the guy can skate and pass and hit is that not the kind of player we should be developing? WTH!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Hello  Habs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shoot the puck!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit fancy dancying  with your passes. 

Yes but the Habs' shots are all perimeter . If the goalie can see it he should stop it , and Campbell is .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I don't think Montreal has it in them to break through Toronto's D. The only time we've seen them have time in Toronto's zone is when we're into the third period and Toronto already has a lead. Feels like that's less about Montreal's abilities and more about Toronto laying back with the lead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Unfortunately I don't think Montreal has it in them to break through Toronto's D. The only time we've seen them have time in Toronto's zone is when we're into the third period and Toronto already has a lead. Feels like that's less about Montreal's abilities and more about Toronto laying back with the lead.

I have to agree. Montreal has shown us no reason to believe things will change. Of course, I am still hopeful it does, and think it is possible, but that is not based on what they have been demonstrating. The biggest thing that I see is that Toronto is dominating us physically. We took it to them in game 1 with a physical, body to body checking game. Since then, Toronto has responded by being much harder on the puck and on the stick than we have. We are not fighting through their physical brand of stick checking and body positioning. As a result, we have limited time, space, and therefore opportunities. I hope, somehow miraculously, that changes! Go Habs Go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Lehkonen & Evans will not be travelling to Toronto.

That does not make me happy. These two engines are sorely missed in our lineup, and I believe that has affected this series more than what is being discussed. Moving forward, I hope the organization realizes the value of these two. Their tenacity, attention to detail and motors are very valuable! We do have depth and talent still on the roster... so let's hope we can find a way to bring it back to Montreal and with a little momentum and maybe these two recovering, we have a shot! Go Habs Go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

LOL! yes I agree! Everyone should shoot the puck everytime they are near the net! they are always looking to make a perfect play. for sure there are times to deke and pass just not everytime! this is why CC looks so dangerous! he will shoot first pass later! imagine if JK shot more he has a great shot but they have him so screwed up he seems scared to shoot! same thing with the D they are scared to pinch in and when they do they seem to be tentative and lose the puck. at the begining of the year the players were just going for it and we were scoring and dangerous then the conservative upper mangement types seem to have decided we should play old school clutch and grab hockey and it all went out the window! we have hole in the lineup even with out injuries but we are better than we are playing for sure! we are very poorly coached and managed. if DOUCH is being told what to do by MB and he is letting this happen then he is a failure as a coach and his players are being let down by him and will never play for him if this is all on him then he is a real dud as a coach and does not have what it takes to coach in the big leagues at all. we were always going to struggle against the Leafs but we should at least be able to score more than this! it is not like the Leafs are a defensive powerhouse! I felt like we would lose games 4-3 not 4-0. where the hell is Romanov! the guy can skate and pass and hit is that not the kind of player we should be developing? WTH!

Yes! I also agree. We have to get more aggressive in all areas of the game, and shooting is one for sure. What is Weber doing/thinking? So many times he elects to not shoot, when he should be letting that blast go! And, I will also note, Hit The Dam Net! That goes for too many players to mention. Right now, I'm going to reserve scolding Caufield and Toffoli (or maybe give them a little more forgiveness) but everyone else, Shoot The Puck! and Hit The Net! Also agree with Romanov. He should have been playing since game 1 in my opinion. Although I felt Merril had his best game of the series in Game 4, I still think he should get the bench for Romanov. His intensity, physicality, and offensive ability is desired!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last comment Ive been meaning to make... It drives me CRAZY when defenseman (and this happens all across the league) do not step up at the defensive blueline! Unless it is an oddman rush, for the love of god, step the f up at the blueline. When you allow the opposing team to enter the zone and give them space (especially on a rush with speed), bad things will happen. I think at least Tor goal 1 and 3 in game 4 (Nylander and Thornton goals) were direct results of this. Please! Step up and challenge the puck carrier!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...