28 members have voted

1. 1. Are We Toast?

• Stick a Fork In Us, We’re Done
    • We Win The Next Game But Not The Series
    • We Win The Next Two But Not The Series
    • We Win The Next Game And The Series
    • Whatever Happens We Blame Kinot

20 hours ago, maas_art said:

There's 2 choices id like to make in the poll but i went with the most likely (#blamekinot).

I actually think we have a 50/50 chance of winning this one. I think if they get an early bounce, they might manage it.  I dont think we will win the series (although i hope we do!) but i do think we can win this game.    

The interesting thing is that with some fans in the seats in game 6 we might actually have an advantage in that one... but i guess its time for all those old hockey cliches:

- Its do or die
- our backs are against the wall
- we'll just go out & win one game at a time
- there's no tomorrow
- the fourth win is the most difficult

Add your own. 

Did anyone really believe Minnesota was going to force a game seven with Vegas?

21 hours ago, maas_art said:

There's 2 choices id like to make in the poll but i went with the most likely (#blamekinot).

I actually think we have a 50/50 chance of winning this one. I think if they get an early bounce, they might manage it.  I dont think we will win the series (although i hope we do!) but i do think we can win this game.    

The interesting thing is that with some fans in the seats in game 6 we might actually have an advantage in that one... but i guess its time for all those old hockey cliches:

- Its do or die
- our backs are against the wall
- we'll just go out & win one game at a time
- there's no tomorrow
- the fourth win is the most difficult

Add your own. 

- We have not yet begun to fight!

As in:

Leafs: We were wondering if you would like to surrender?

Habs: We have not yet begun to fight!

Leafs: That's why we were wondering.

30 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Kulak out and Gustafsson in. :lol:

LAUGH.

OUT.

LOUD.

This... is why we lose. 
Kulak hasnt been fantastic (who has on our blueline) but how Jon Merrill is still in, I have no idea.

I think montreal believes their depth is:   Weber > Petry > Chiarot > Edmundson - big drop - Merrill > Kulak > Gustafsson > Romanov. 

While most of us probably think more like:

Petry - big drop - Weber > Romanov > Edmundson > Kulak > Chiarot > Gustafsson > Merrill 

Despite all that, I still think we will win this one.  3-0 habs. Carey will be on point tonight. 

16 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Gustavsson! omg this team is doomed by the imbeciles running it! 

He's about the only option we have for the PP.

The bigger problem is who (didnt) come out to put him in.  Merrill has been the worst defensman the whole series. I can live with trying Gus (although Romanov should absolutely be in) but Merrill is the guy that should be out. 

1 hour ago, rkgoalie said:

so does anyone know why romanov is not playing.this is wrong on every level,

I can only guess that he 

has no  playoff experience . Yet he was ok to play if 54 regular season games . Go figure .

so does anyone know why romanov is not playing. this is wrong on every level,

Its baffling to say the least, actually moronic. Not only should he be playing tonight, he should have been playing this whole series. At worst he is our 5th dee...Most would probably have him playing in the 3 - 4 spot. But not our coaching/management staff.

39 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

I can only guess that he 

has no  playoff experience . Yet he was ok to play if 54 regular season games . Go figure .

6 minutes ago, caperns61 said:

Its baffling to say the least, actually moronic. Not only should he be playing tonight, he should have been playing this whole series. At worst he is our 5th dee...Most would probably have him playing in the 3 - 4 spot. But not our coaching/management staff.

IMHO there's only 2 answers:

1) They dont think he's ready which, as noted above, is moronic.  He played all but 2 of our regular season games but is not as good as Jon F Merrill?? Gimme a break.

2) He's injured.  I would assume they would have disclosed this therefore Its highly doubtful (but the only legit reason to keep him out of the games).

3) They dont think he's good enough. Which is laughable if true.   Right now, May 2021, Petry is better than him. Weber (since his return) is better than him... thats about it for "clear" cut better than players.   Kulak, Edmundson and Chiarot can all be argued are better than him in some aspects (but certainly not all). But Merrill?  Gustafsson?   

Thats it. There's absolutely no other reason why they keep him out. Completely baffling. 

2 hours ago, rkgoalie said:

I for one, am disgusted that Romanov is not playing - DD and MB even more deserve to be canned for being boneheads - Hello 16th overall draft pick - I hope you bring some value.

56 minutes ago, maas_art said:

IMHO there's only 2 answers:

1) They dont think he's ready which, as noted above, is moronic.  He played all but 2 of our regular season games but is not as good as Jon F Merrill?? Gimme a break.

2) He's injured.  I would assume they would have disclosed this therefore Its highly doubtful (but the only legit reason to keep him out of the games).

3) They dont think he's good enough. Which is laughable if true.   Right now, May 2021, Petry is better than him. Weber (since his return) is better than him... thats about it for "clear" cut better than players.   Kulak, Edmundson and Chiarot can all be argued are better than him in some aspects (but certainly not all). But Merrill?  Gustafsson?   

Thats it. There's absolutely no other reason why they keep him out. Completely baffling. 

It better be for reason 2 or i for the life of me can't see MB or DD ever working in the NHL again in a position of making decisions.. If it's not, then those two better be fired within 30 minutes of our last game. Totally absurd.

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

It better be for reason 2 or i for the life of me can't see MB or DD ever working in the NHL again in a position of making decisions.. If it's not, then those two better be fired within 30 minutes of our last game. Totally absurd.

I read an interesting article in french today where the author basically asked the question: Are the coaches upset with Romanov's development or are they incompetent.   

He brought up an interesting point:  how all last playoffs the team was hinting that if they just had Romanov, would the series against the flyers have turned out differently?   And went on to say, if you asked him last playoffs if we would have had Romanov with us for basically the entire year, would we then have scratched him for the post season?   Its very odd.

I mean i can understand wanting to give JK a game to get himself ready. I can understand sitting CC for a couple of games so the pressure wasnt too high.  But Romanov? and for this long?   He has eyes... what the heck is he thinkign when he sees our D play  & contemplates "they think Merrill is better than me?"  

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Well, if tonight is the last game... It's been a fun season. Some ups, some downs. Let's see if we can keep this ride going for another one! B)

This.  Some frustrating times but at least there was hockey to watch in this very very odd time in our lives.

Im still hopeful this game we come out & play like we can & we win.   

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

This.  Some frustrating times but at least there was hockey to watch in this very very odd time in our lives.

Im still hopeful this game we come out & play like we can & we win.   

I really want a game six so we can see 2,500 fans at the Bell Centre.

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

Agree. You also have to think that would be a big motivator to get this thing to game 7.  And in a game 7, im picking the team that has Carey Price in nets. 

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

those 2,500 fans will more than make up for the other empty seats.

CC bobbled it a bit but didnt miss by much. 

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

Caulfield has such a good shot. He's gonna score so many goals for us.

He's also just so poised - even already. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic