The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal vs Toronto. Game 7 Monday May 31 7pm ET

Game 7  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do or Die

That was my point . They set all these restrictions , closed business for seven months and now because the leafs are in a game 7 and Montreal had fans the leafs need fans . If you want to let fans in then ease restrictions and open up the businesses that you shut . It’s not fair to those people . 

48 minutes ago, richard464 said:

Have to agree!!! This BS!!! I cannot cross the border and not have quarantine when I return why in hell should the NHL teams? If this does get approved there will a major outcry I am sure. Next will be the Blue Jays! These teams can cross with no quarantine but the retailers have to remain closed until Jun15th?  The fact that health care workers would go and flaunt the fact that they are there is concerning. They know what they have been through and to accept this while people are still on respirators and dying is not right! I am not saying they should not be rewarded but the timing here is wrong!

Ford is insane and will do whatever he has to to retain votes. Well mine will not be one of them for sure. Does this rule if approved apply to all millionaires who do not play hockey?:5155:

I don't agree with the part of health care workers flaunting anything. It did say fully vaccinated workers and they have been through a lot and as long as they are vaccinated good for them.

So Toffu ended his scoreless streak last game. Still a few guys MIA. Would be a great time for Gally, Dano, Weber, Petry and or Tuna ( if he plays) to get their first playoff goal. 

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

So Toffu ended his scoreless streak last game. Still a few guys MIA. Would be a great time for Gally, Dano, Weber, Petry and or Tuna ( if he plays) to get their first playoff goal. 

Expect some of that in a 3-2 win. 

For all the marbles. 

1st game the laffs are facing elimination.

Campbell has never been in a game 7

Missing their capt.

Missing their top D-man

It's the Habs job to keep the laffs out of the POs.

M&Ms can't score.

We have already exceeded the expectations.

Lots of Habs fans outside the arena. :) 

Habs all time game 7 record 14-9

laffs all time game 7's 12-12

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

marner has a total of 5 goals in the POs, but also 5 puck over glass penalties.  :4224:

I actually sort of feel bad for Marner.

I mean i'll feel really bad if we win, but right now I feel like he's getting a lot of hate from leaf fans.  I dont feel bad for Matthews tho cause i hate that guy.  Haha. 

4 hours ago, richard464 said:

Have to agree!!! This BS!!! I cannot cross the border and not have quarantine when I return why in hell should the NHL teams? If this does get approved there will a major outcry I am sure. Next will be the Blue Jays! These teams can cross with no quarantine but the retailers have to remain closed until Jun15th?  The fact that health care workers would go and flaunt the fact that they are there is concerning. They know what they have been through and to accept this while people are still on respirators and dying is not right! I am not saying they should not be rewarded but the timing here is wrong!

Ford is insane and will do whatever he has to to retain votes. Well mine will not be one of them for sure. Does this rule if approved apply to all millionaires who do not play hockey?:5155:

To be fair, since the beginning of all of this there have been exceptions made for particular industries regarding travel and boarder crossings. All of us have been through a lot over the past year +, some more than others, including the players/teams. Given that we are seemingly in the later stages of this whole mess, I don’t see an issue with the teams being able to travel back and forth without quarantining for 2 weeks. Especially since they’ve basically been in a state of quarantine beyond that of the average person this whole time. 

So, who is getting excited?  I hope they come out flying.  You'd have to think a 3rd game in a row with the kind of pressure we started the last 2 games with we should be able to FINALLY capitalize early? 

20 minutes ago, maas_art said:

So, who is getting excited?  I hope they come out flying.  You'd have to think a 3rd game in a row with the kind of pressure we started the last 2 games with we should be able to FINALLY capitalize early? 

19 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

We win 4-2 Petry and Gallagher both and Caulield gets his first Playoff goal on the PP. Evans with the empty net goal late !!! GO HABS GO!!!

Yes and that sounds good to me!!

30 minutes ago, maas_art said:

:freu1::freu1::freu1::freu1::freu1::freu1::freu1::freu1::freu1:

How's this? 

5 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

I don’t usually get this nervously excited for a game seven. 

Go Habs Go!

Right?   I think its because its the leafs.  And after game 4, despite us playing well for long stretches in the first few games, it seemed so unlikely... 

2 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

I don’t usually get this nervously excited for a game seven. 

Go Habs Go!

I have low expectations, given the line-up they've decided to ice... no Tatar or Romanov, overuse of the top 4 D men, etc. I think it'll come down from our end as to whether

1. Price can be a stalwart and limit them to 1 goal or less.

2. We can get the first goal and not trail. If we're forced to come from behind, it'll be tough. If we can go up and/or stay even with them until late, then we have a chance at getting the one goal we need to win. I don't like our odds if we're playing from behind, given how little offensive firepower we have.

That said, a Game 7 can go any which way. It can come down to one lucky bounce or to officiating or to 1-2 guys stepping up their game or so on. We have Toffoli, who has in his career been a big Game 7 guy. We have Suzuki, who has a pedigree of being huge in elimination games as a junior and in his limited time in the NHL. We have Perry, who's been clutch in playoff performances in the past. We have Kotkaniemi who has turned up his game in the playoffs. We have Caufield who can be a wildcard. But on the other hand, we have a lot of question marks on D and behind the bench. I don't see the D holding up well after playing big minutes last game, so Price is going to have to hold up and the offence will need to generate something.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic