The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal vs Toronto. Game 7 Monday May 31 7pm ET

Game 7  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do or Die

8 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I have low expectations, given the line-up they've decided to ice... no Tatar or Romanov, overuse of the top 4 D men, etc. I think it'll come down from our end as to whether

1. Price can be a stalwart and limit them to 1 goal or less.

2. We can get the first goal and not trail. If we're forced to come from behind, it'll be tough. If we can go up and/or stay even with them until late, then we have a chance at getting the one goal we need to win. I don't like our odds if we're playing from behind, given how little offensive firepower we have.

That said, a Game 7 can go any which way. It can come down to one lucky bounce or to officiating or to 1-2 guys stepping up their game or so on. We have Toffoli, who has in his career been a big Game 7 guy. We have Suzuki, who has a pedigree of being huge in elimination games as a junior and in his limited time in the NHL. We have Perry, who's been clutch in playoff performances in the past. We have Kotkaniemi who has turned up his game in the playoffs. We have Caufield who can be a wildcard. But on the other hand, we have a lot of question marks on D and behind the bench. I don't see the D holding up well after playing big minutes last game, so Price is going to have to hold up and the offence will need to generate something.

On the flip side, their D, without Muzzin looks really bad.  

Just now, JimBo_KW said:

Gees that drives me crazy when they don't nail players to the boards when they are skating around like that 

Infuriates me too. 

1 minute ago, archey said:

There really people at this game?

500 Front line workers. Got a jersey and a free ticket. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic