Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wed. June 2, Habs @ the Jets, NBCSN, CBC, SN and Other Places.


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Even Jets reporters saying Scheifele was playing all game like he was out of control and that this was an intentional attempt to injure deserving of being suspended the rest of the playoffs. Their own reporters.

Where do you get that info from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Even Jets reporters saying Scheifele was playing all game like he was out of control and that this was an intentional attempt to injure deserving of being suspended the rest of the playoffs. Their own reporters.

Hope so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was as dirty as anything I have ever seen! he should go to jail for that! that is not a hockey play that was attempted murder! the goal was scored there was no need to even hit him! if he is not gone for a very long time this league is a joke! no excuse at all. so now what if a guy scores you can just kill him? what a farce!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Even Jets reporters saying Scheifele was playing all game like he was out of control and that this was an intentional attempt to injure deserving of being suspended the rest of the playoffs. Their own reporters.

it was absolutely brutal. I think Weber was just about ready to fight him, busted thumb be damned.

Hed' better be out for at least this round.  That was horrifically bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

it was absolutely brutal. I think Weber was just about ready to fight him, busted thumb be damned.

Hed' better be out for at least this round.  That was horrifically bad. 

If the league misses here and doesn't suspend him for the series... It's just gonna be retribution and more violence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

That was as dirty as anything I have ever seen! he should go to jail for that! that is not a hockey play that was attempted murder! the goal was scored there was no need to even hit him! if he is not gone for a very long time this league is a joke! no excuse at all. so now what if a guy scores you can just kill him? what a farce!

Agreed...... I have been watching for over 60 years and I can't remember such a disgusting, unnecessary, brutal, cheap shot that meant nothing to the game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, maas_art said:

it was absolutely brutal. I think Weber was just about ready to fight him, busted thumb be damned.

Hed' better be out for at least this round.  That was horrifically bad. 

A round is not enough he could have ended the kids career or his life. I am so mad right now I don't need to watch that kind of crap! I don't mind heavy hitting if it is legal but this was meant to hurt him we all know it and something better get done by the league or the players will end up having to deal with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

That was as dirty as anything I have ever seen! he should go to jail for that! that is not a hockey play that was attempted murder! the goal was scored there was no need to even hit him! if he is not gone for a very long time this league is a joke! no excuse at all. so now what if a guy scores you can just kill him? what a farce!

Pretty much akin to what Chara did to Pacioretty. In both cases, you had a player who had been angry and running around trying to hurt people and then saw an opportunity to hurt a vulnerable opponent and made a check that was dangerous without any attempt to make a hockey play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Pretty much akin to what Chara did to Pacioretty. In both cases, you had a player who had been angry and running around trying to hurt people and then saw an opportunity to hurt a vulnerable opponent and made a check that was dangerous without any attempt to make a hockey play.

That was bad too but this feels way more vicious to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JimBo_KW said:

Agreed...... I have been watching for over 60 years and I can't remember such a disgusting, unnecessary, brutal, cheap shot that meant nothing to the game!

It is too bad Toffoli was the first one to get to him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JimBo_KW said:

It is too bad Toffoli was the first one to get to him

Ya, shoulda been weber. He was "ticked" Insert your own word there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

If the league misses here and doesn't suspend him for the series... It's just gonna be retribution and more violence.

1. There's that.

2. Evans is out at least a week from a deliberate attempt to injure because of concussion protocol and probably longer. That's at least the next 4 games. There's zero reason Scheifele should be allowed back before that.

3. This was a deliberate attempt to injure, so even the series is not sufficient for me. This is up there with Bertuzzi taking out Moore on purpose. Scheifele made no attempt to play the puck and he was spending his entire night trying to hurt people, so there was intent. Anything less than 20 games is a farce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edmundson just said they expect the league to take care of Scheifele and that if the league lets him back in the series, the Habs will take care of him and make him wish he didn't get back in. Don't see how the league has any choice but to make sure it's at least the series, but it should be way longer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...