The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wed. June 2, Habs @ the Jets, NBCSN, CBC, SN and Other Places.

5 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Ducharme has announced the Habs will keep the same line-up as the one that won Games 6 and 7. Typical Habs to be satisfied with a result and do nothing to try and improve on it until they face adversity. No adjustments. No feeling of the need to do better. Just a pat on their own backs. It took them time to figure out they needed Caufield and JK and that they were better off without Merrill, and now we're going to see them have to get thumped before they recognize the value in Tatar and Romanov.

??? Who won the last series???

19 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Both.  If you look at the shots in that game, we limited toronto to almost nothing.  Almost all outside or perimeter. Everyone was buying into the team game, made smart plays and hustled with and without the puck.  On the few mistakes we made, Price was great but didnt need to be exceptional to win that game. 

There were flashes throughout the series where the team played well but game 7 was arguably the best this roster has played all season.

While i agree with a lot of what you are saying, Romanov is not just some random journeyman defensman. The team suggests they see him as a top 4, possibly top pairing dman - MB has said he's "untouchable" so to not get him valuable playoff experience seems foolish and short-sighted.  Its not like he's terrible and will singlehandedly lose the game for us. If anything, he should make us better, not just a wash. 

Yeah the boys did play great in game 7 but I think Price is the reason we are even here talking about game 1 of this series...and yes...Romanov should be playing..then again I am just an armchair coach

5 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

Yeah the boys did play great in game 7 but I think Price is the reason we are even here talking about game 1 of this series...and yes...Romanov should be playing..then again I am just an armchair coach

No question - Price has been our best player and arguably the MVP of all teams for the first round. 

Just now, southernhabfan said:

Why not??? Then we can win....possibly ...lol

I'd prolly be the stick boy. :D

Just now, southernhabfan said:

I think DD is gong to have a whole line of veterans playing a shift together...there are several heart monitors and oxygen tanks on the Habs  bench:4322:

And 500 first responders in the stands.:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Jets win Game 1 because of longer rest and fresher legs.

But we're used to the gameday, off a day and back to work, so, IMO, we're more ready. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic