The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wed. June 2, Habs @ the Jets, NBCSN, CBC, SN and Other Places.

21 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Kudos to the Jets player who tried to protect Evans when the scrum ensued afterwards.

Ehlers. He kept the scrum away from Evans lying on the ice, well done.

Jets head coach Paul Maurice said he hopes Evans will be alright after getting stretchered off and that he expects the league to have something to say about the play.

“It’s such a highly unusual play because you’re backchecking back to kill an empty net play you’re coming full speed and when Mark stops skating he kept his arms in,” Maurice said. “It’s a heavy hit no doubt, I’m league will have its opinion.”

When asked about Edmundson’s comments about making Scheifele’s life miserable if he returns in the series, Maurice expects players to respond to the play but not do anything premeditated.

“The players will sort things out on the ice,” Maurice explained. “I mean, nobody would ever be stupid enough to say anything premeditated going into the next game.”

Evans has a history of head injuries. He was sidelined after a hard hit from Brandon Tanev in Game 3 of the Canadiens’ series against the Pittsburgh Penguins in last season’s playoffs and suffered a concussion at the team’s Rookie Showdown in 2018.

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Jets head coach Paul Maurice said he hopes Evans will be alright after getting stretchered off and that he expects the league to have something to say about the play.

“It’s such a highly unusual play because you’re backchecking back to kill an empty net play you’re coming full speed and when Mark stops skating he kept his arms in,” Maurice said. “It’s a heavy hit no doubt, I’m league will have its opinion.”

When asked about Edmundson’s comments about making Scheifele’s life miserable if he returns in the series, Maurice expects players to respond to the play but not do anything premeditated.

“The players will sort things out on the ice,” Maurice explained. “I mean, nobody would ever be stupid enough to say anything premeditated going into the next game.”

Evans has a history of head injuries. He was sidelined after a hard hit from Brandon Tanev in Game 3 of the Canadiens’ series against the Pittsburgh Penguins in last season’s playoffs and suffered a concussion at the team’s Rookie Showdown in 2018.

Evans will be a huge loss for us. He came into his own this season and was even stepping up his play for these big games. Not sure he is easily replaced. Will probably miss the rest of this series.  Hope we take them out in 4!

I'm late to this thread. I watched the game last night, and was very upset over what happened to Jake Evans. I am awaiting official word on his condition.

8 hours ago, electron58 said:

Evans will be a huge loss for us. He came into his own this season and was even stepping up his play for these big games. Not sure he is easily replaced. Will probably miss the rest of this series.  Hope we take them out in 4!

100% he has been a great player this post season. not sure who we have with the speed and skill to replace him. it is not Tater.

• H_T_L locked this topic