H_T_L

Suspension  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Was 4 games enough?

• H_T_L changed the title to Round 2 Game 2,,,,, Friday 7:30
  • H_T_L pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

OK, who comes in, Leks or Tuna?

If we're trying to replace what Evans brought to that line then it would be Lehks. If we want to do a little gambling that Tuna breaks out, then we re unite that line.

28 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I would say 65/35 that its Tuna/Lehks.  If either doesnt impress then i could see the other one drawing in the following. 

I dont think Gustafsson will be out, despite the bad play. I think they value him on the pp too much. I do think romanov MIGHT come in (1 game lead, early in the series) but it would be at Kulak's expense i believe. 

Read into this what you want but the Habs had an optional practice today and all the guys who didn't play yesterday showed up and also Kulak. No Gus. No Merrill. The odds seem reasonable that Romanov will get in at some point. But will it be for Kulak or for Gus? Or will DD just stick with the same line-up til they lose?

DD has also said it's unlikely he'll go 11F/7D so up front it's largely between Tatar and Lehkonen. I'd throw Ylonen in too but I think it's unlikely DD goes there. My guess would be Tatar based purely on the fact that it's his old line that has the hole there. I think DD is going to be reluctant to break up his other lines, so whoever comes in probably slots next to Danault and Gallagher, and that's likely an easier spot for Tatar to go in. Danault's line won't be shadowing Scheifele any more either, so maybe there's less concern about needing Lehkonen's defensive ability on that line too.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

I would prefer Leks.....next to Gally he's the hardest worker in the room (imho).........but I fear tatar will get the nod, he's just been fairly less than average this year

I suspect Tatar comes in.

It's going to be an interesting game tonight. I think the four-game suspension should be enough to cool any sort of retribution-type mentality from the Habs. However, I suspect this will be a physical game either way.

Will the Habs show up and give their best effort of the post-season? I hope so.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

It's going to be an interesting game tonight. I think the four-game suspension should be enough to cool any sort of retribution-type mentality from the Habs. However, I suspect this will be a physical game either way.

Even with the suspension i think things could get ugly.  The problem is that both teams seem to be viewing the hit differently. Montreal players are all mad but from the other side it sounds like many feel it was clean - the jets are even using the hit in part of a clip on their social media posts...  

Hopefully the boys dont take their foot off the gas. Great opportunity to get a nice lead on this series. 

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

The best thing for the boys to do...IMHO...is keep their eyes on the goal...to make goals..that is what will be the best payback , if you will, against the Jets...

45 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Even with the suspension i think things could get ugly.  The problem is that both teams seem to be viewing the hit differently. Montreal players are all mad but from the other side it sounds like many feel it was clean - the jets are even using the hit in part of a clip on their social media posts...  

Hopefully the boys dont take their foot off the gas. Great opportunity to get a nice lead on this series. 

Really? That's gross.

I never thought it was possible to dislike a franchise more than Toronto and Boston, but... here we are.

OK prediction time again, I predict a 6-1 Habs win. I think Schiefele and the Jets made a huge mistake poking the bears. Look for Weber, Chiarot, Edmundson, Petry and Anderson to step up the physical game and Price to continue his world class play. I think the offense will wake up and the series will be over before Shiefele makes it back into the lineup. What kind of a world class douche doesn't even reach out to a guy he nearly killed on a horribly dangerous play?

32 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Really? That's gross.

I never thought it was possible to dislike a franchise more than Toronto and Boston, but... here we are.

Yeah. its not used in the most tasteless way but i still think the decision to use it was not the best.  

13 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Statsny apparently skated this morning and RDS is speculating that it will be Lehky in for Evans.

He'll presumably be playing hurt then. Any word on DeMelo?   He's probably their most consistent DMan & thats an area where they are already not great. 

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Yeah. its not used in the most tasteless way but i still think the decision to use it was not the best.  

He'll presumably be playing hurt then. Any word on DeMelo?   He's probably their most consistent DMan & thats an area where they are already not great. 

Demelo out about a week according to Maurice.

14 minutes ago, maas_art said:

We need to win these games now - with those 2 guys out. Dont give them a chance. 

Not to mention Stastny being < 100%, so either being out too or playing hurt. Wpg is thin at center and their D stinks. Those are key positions. If they can stop Connor, Dubois, and Ehlers, there's not a whole lot else their to support those 3.

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the person who runs their social media wasn't aware or the damage done by the hit and just saw it as something to put into a clips package?  Any other explanation is just super terrible to me (and even that one's a bit of a stretch)

13 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I just read something about Romanov coming in for Gus. Any truth to that? I can't confirm it anywhere.

No. 3rd pairing supposedly staying the same. Lehkonen is a game-time decision but will play for Evans if he is ready. Tatar sits. Romanov sits.