The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2 Game 2,,,,, Friday 7:30

H_T_L

Suspension  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Was 4 games enough?

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Not pretty. It was an ugly playoff game from both teams but they got the job done.

Best Habs: Price, Edmundson, Chiarot, Toffoli, Kotkaniemi, Armia, Perry, Lehkonen

Not going to list anyone in the worst column tonight. I thought everyone put in a big effort. That said, Ducharme needs to make some changes next game. Can't continue to play 4 and a half D men. If you're not going to play Gus, put Romanov in. And why continue to sit Tatar when your team can't score goals?

Yeh...he got away with it tonight but I agree 

2 minutes ago, habsisme said:

this series is going in 4 or 5, i don't think Scheifele plays again 

That's the plan. Boys don't want to have to go back to Winnipeg.

3 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

When you consider the time off the Jets had it is amazing we took the first two road games! good work boys! keep it up!

I definitely thought we would be struggling more with the wear and tear. That said, we've benefited from Carey bailing us out and the Jets are missing some key guys (Scheifele tonight, Demelo, Stastny, Beaulieu...). And their D is thin to start with. It would be like if we were missing Suzuki, Danault, Edmundson, and Romanov (whom we've chosen to miss anyways). Some holes to fill on their side. Glad we've been able to take advantage though, the boys still have to get the job done on the ice and they have.

3 minutes ago, habsisme said:

this series is going in 4 or 5, i don't think Scheifele plays again 

IF the Habs can pull out a win in Game 3, the Jets are going to have a tough time finding the inspiration to play Game 4 B2B tired, on the road, and down 3-0 missing their #1 center. Sunday is a chance to put a big nail in their coffin.

4 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Completely boring 1-0 road win is exactly what we needed. Winnipeg seemed dejected. If the Habs can channel the fan energy into a win in game three, I like our chances.

Yeah I was hoping for a little more exciting game...but a win is a win...so yeah...I like this kind of boring...especially if they can repeat in the next game or two

2 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

Yeah I was hoping for a little more exciting game...but a win is a win...so yeah...I like this kind of boring...especially if they can repeat in the next game or two

I think we'll see a very motivated Habs team on home ice in game three. The question is, will Winnipeg bring it too?

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

I think we'll see a very motivated Habs team on home ice in game three. The question is, will Winnipeg bring it too?

Pretty much do or die game for the Jets next game.

In the history of the NHL, only 1 other PO game ended with the score being 1-0, with the goal scored short handed. :)

Toffu is in the history books. 

20 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I agree and he has been great in this years play offs. 

After the season he had I am happy for him the effort was always there but his head seemed to be off. He is not 100% but he is doing good and the rest of the guys are all pulling their weight. I am worried about how much ice they are getting but it is what it is right now.

• H_T_L locked this topic