The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2 Game 2,,,,, Friday 7:30

H_T_L

Suspension  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Was 4 games enough?

17 minutes ago, Manatee-X said:

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the person who runs their social media wasn't aware or the damage done by the hit and just saw it as something to put into a clips package?  Any other explanation is just super terrible to me (and even that one's a bit of a stretch)

I didnt see all of them but in the one on instagram for example, they showed goals, the hit and then a couple of Jets players saying they hope evans is ok.  On the one hand you say "well it was a major part of that game' but on the other they didnt show all the goals, its not like they had to show the hit to be complete... it seems in poor taste but like you, will give them the benefit of the doubt. 

12 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

No. 3rd pairing supposedly staying the same. Lehkonen is a game-time decision but will play for Evans if he is ready. Tatar sits. Romanov sits.

If the team plays like it has, that wont matter but i still think they are the wrong decisions. 

11 minutes ago, claremont said:

Hmm - I just got the old bait and switch treatment....:5187:

Its still possible. Just because Romanov skated with Ouellet doesnt mean he wont draw in at the last minute (although i do doubt it).

Remember that Tatar was in the lineup, and Evens as an extra, at the morning skate against TO in game 6 but DD changed that at game time, despite neither player being injured.

You'd have to think that this is an ideal time to get Romanov out there but maybe they think another win, we head back to montreal with last change & are up 2-0 or something...  If they dont put Romanov in THEN there must be something up we dont know about. 

3 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I'm really starting to get pissed off about Romanov, let the kid play! He's played well all season! 

I think a lot of us are there with you but its really tough to know why he's not playing.  I would assume if it was an injury we'd know but maybe there's something we're just not privy to.  It seems like the wrong move but it also seems out of character for DD based on how he has used the other young players. I have to think there's some valid reason that maybe we just dont know. 

Lets put it this way: if we win tonight & go up 2-0, heading home, with last change and Romanov doesn't see the ice in one of the back to back games? Something is seriously wrong. 

Paul Stastny is not playing, according to CBS.  If that's the case, the Habs have no excuses for losing this game.

Expect Jets to come out harder and play better than previous game.  With so many of their key players down, they'll be desperate, anxious and aggrieved (from their perspective).  Hellebuyck will play much better than Game 1.  Conversely, Scheifele's 4 game suspension may have "appeased" the Habs' drive for revenge.  Sure, they'll want to to win for Evan, but one has to question whether the 4 game suspension would take out a huge dose of intensity in their play because "justice has been served".

Don't be surprised if Jets push back hard out of sheer desperation to avoid getting into a 0-2 hole.  They win this game and even the series. 

1 hour ago, habsisme said:

I'm really starting to get pissed off about Romanov, let the kid play! He's played well all season! 

He might be too, hopefully he won’t be thinking of going back to Russia where he gets to play more

6 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Paul Stastny is not playing, according to CBS.  If that's the case, the Habs have no excuses for losing this game.

Expect Jets to come out harder and play better than previous game.  With so many of their key players down, they'll be desperate, anxious and aggrieved (from their perspective).  Hellebuyck will play much better than Game 1.  Conversely, Scheifele's 4 game suspension may have "appeased" the Habs' drive for revenge.  Sure, they'll want to to win for Evan, but one has to question whether the 4 game suspension would take out a huge dose of intensity in their play because "justice has been served".

Don't be surprised if Jets push back hard out of sheer desperation to avoid getting into a 0-2 hole.  They win this game and even the series. 

Thanks for this