The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 3, Jets @ Our Habs, June 6, 6 PM.

Not only that, but Ehlers jumped into Byron and hit him in the head to draw blood. That should have been a major and game misconduct. Should be reviewed for suspension although I highly doubt they do anything about it. But leaving your feet to hit in the head and draw blood? That SHOULD be a suspension.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Not only that, but Ehlers jumped into Byron and hit him in the head to draw blood. That should have been a major and game misconduct. Should be reviewed for suspension although I highly doubt they do anything about it. But leaving your feet to hit in the head and draw blood? That SHOULD be a suspension.

Was it Ehlers? He was the one who protected Evans after he got brutally checked the other night

1 minute ago, southernhabfan said:

Was it Ehlers? He was the one who protected Evans after he got brutally checked the other night

Yeah. Ehler shot the puck, then looked up and jumped into Byron's head with a cross-check to the face.

- Hit the head? Check.

- Drew blood and caused Byron to leave for the room? Check.

- Left his feet making the hit? Check.

It qualifies for review for suspension and it should have easily been a major penalty and a game misconduct. Would have given us a 5-minute PP and erased their goal.

4 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

Wha??? NBCSN just said that the goal  by the Jets may "just have changed the game"///// really????

:4224:

Just now, maas_art said:

I wonder if Anderson is hurt? he does not look himself out there... 

He played really well in the 1st period. Corsi of 80-90%, was all over the ice hitting (I think 4-5 hits in period 1). I think he just doesn't understand where he's supposed to be on the ice all the time. He needs better coaching.

Just now, southernhabfan said:

NBCSN is desperate for the Jets to win

the must have lost $$$ in the Habs/laffs series and are desperate to make up for it. 

2 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

NBCSN is desperate for the Jets to win

The NHL probably is too. They like sending series to Game 6's and 7's. Makes them more money.

Just now, southernhabfan said:

2. ?

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

The third period coming up. What will the story be?

1. Montreal plays a compelling period and wins?
  2. Price has to stand on his hand and we all hang on for dear life?

2?

7 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Yeah. Ehler shot the puck, then looked up and jumped into Byron's head with a cross-check to the face.

- Hit the head? Check.

- Drew blood and caused Byron to leave for the room? Check.

- Left his feet making the hit? Check.

It qualifies for review for suspension and it should have easily been a major penalty and a game misconduct. Would have given us a 5-minute PP and erased their goal.

I didn’t get a good look at it, I thought it just looked like a flukey play. Was it intentional or incidental?

2 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

We realize we're playing back to back games so we decide to let this one go and save our energy for tomorrow.:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

2, cuz the jets will come out hard. 

Just now, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I didn’t get a good look at it, I thought it just looked like a flukey play. Was it intentional or incidental?

Incidental to some degree. Ehlers was shooting and looked up and Byron was there and he reacted by jumping into his face. Still left his feet to hit the head.

Just now, kinot-2 said:

2, cuz the jets will come out hard. 

Undoubtedly. This is their do-or-die period. They don't win this period by 2 or more and their season is down to 5% odds of advancing. What we need to do is not make mistakes an then capitalize on a counter-attack when they leave an opening. Their already-bad D is going to have to take chances.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic