Game 4 - Mon. 8:00

H_T_L

Sweep Game??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Jets done?

• Done like turkeys
    • Sending it back to Winnipeg

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Well that was a bad period. A little disjointed in terms of putting passe together. The Danault line is playing reasonably well. Perrry and Armia are playing well but Staal looks AWOL. It's the opposite on the JK line where Kotkaniemi is playing well but isn't getting anything from his wingers, who look like they're just skating around aimlessly without the puck. How much time has the puck been on Byron or Anderson's stick tonight? Ten seconds each? IMO, Byron needs to be pulled out for Tatar (or Evans) next game.

agreed

Anderson has been disappointing outside of game 1 (when he was our best player) not sure whats up with him

1 period to play for the win. Can tell the Habs are feeling gassed.  Can't feel the energy.

Problem is the Habs shooters are trying too hard to place that perfect shot.  The more shots Hellebuyck saves, the more confidence he gains.  They could really learn from Stanley; just shoot and you never know what can happen.

7 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Alright. If you told me before the series started that we'd be heading in the third period of game four with a chance to close it out... I'd take it. :D

but I'm still nervous as all hell, we need to take this game

1 minute ago, PuckPundit said:

1 period to play for the win. Can tell the Habs are feeling gassed.  Can't feel the energy.

Problem is the Habs shooters are trying too hard to place that perfect shot.  The more shots Hellebuyck saves, the more confidence he gains.  They could really learn from Stanley; just shoot and you never know what can happen.

???

Habs are literally out-shooting the Jets 25-11 and leading in attempted shots 47-22. They're literally shooting twice as much as Winnipeg.

25 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Oh good you’re here. I feel better now.

Aren't you worried I may have jinxed the game in the thread poll :P

But it's ok, we can always blame Kinot-2 :D.

5 minutes ago, JimBo_KW said:

If you look at the game flow except for about 5 mins in the 1st the Habs have controlled the game.  Jets 11 shots

Yeah. Pretty much. Take away those 2 real bad goals, and we are playing our game. Nothing the skaters could do about the goals. Kept the shots to the outside,  no screen. I could see them step it up in the 3rd.

1 minute ago, PuckPundit said:

Aren't you worried I may have jinxed the game in the thread poll :P

But it's ok, we can always blame Kinot-2 :D.

Hey, you're already on the record. :frech1:

Just now, electron58 said:

Yeah. Pretty much. Take away those 2 real bad goals, and we are playing our game. Nothing the skaters could do about the goals. Kept the shots to the outside,  no screen. I could see them step it up in the 3rd.

And I think Carey will come alive again in the 3rd.....

3 minutes ago, habsisme said:

agreed

Anderson has been disappointing outside of game 1 (when he was our best player) not sure whats up with him

He hasn't gelled that well with Kotkaniemi. Anderson is one of those players who really just generates chances by flying into the zone with the puck and driving to the net. That's his go-to. He doesn't seem to get points from set plays in the O zone, he doesn't really even do a lot of the net-front presence for tip-ins and rebounds. I think he'd be better off playing with Suzuki and having a center who carries the puck up ice and distributes better. Drouin also did this really well and Anderson had a lot of success playing on a line with Drouin. We really don't have a lot of strength on the LW right now in terms of puck carriers and skill. But I think Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson would be the bets we could do. I'd prefer to have Toffoli with Kotkaniemi. Toffoli can set up and release one-timers and he had success with JK earlier in the season too.

I'd go

Lehkonen-Danault-Gallagher

Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson

Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Byron-Staal-Perry

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

???

Habs are literally out-shooting the Jets 25-11 and leading in attempted shots 47-22. They're literally shooting twice as much as Winnipeg.

Yeah. The Habs are playing their game to perfection.  Except for 2 bad goals..........?

Corsi leaders:

- Romanov 100%!

- Armia 93%

- Perry and Staal both hovering around 80%

- Edmundson, Suzuki, Danault, and Gallagher all around 70%+

And at the bottom:

- Byron at 25%.

- JK and Anderson in the 30's

(that's it. Everyone else is above 60%)

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Somebody cancel the charter,,, we're ending this tonight.

Are you sure they even chartered it? 

9 minutes ago, habsisme said:

agreed

I know what you mean.  I'm real disappointed with the effort going both ways.

2 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Hope so. He can usually forget about those, but if he stays on his knees.....?

Yeah I have been trying to find his stats about when he is scored upon....I am old but I recall (I think I do anyway, lol) that his biggest weakness has been on his knees....but I may be wrong..NOTE: ask Big Ted he might know

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic