• Habs in 4
    • Habs in 5
    • Habs in 6
    • Habs in 7
    • LV in 4
    • LV in 5
    • LV in 6
    • LV in 7

Big love fest for carey price on the Fan590 by Colby Armstrong .although the score was 4 - 1  He kept the Habs in last night He’s pulling for him but doesn’t think the Habs will win it 

8 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Big love fest for carey price on the Fan590 by Colby Armstrong .although the score was 4 - 1  He kept the Habs in last night He’s pulling for him but doesn’t think the Habs will win it 

It was an odd one because take away the 2 flukes & its a 2-1 game.  Conversely, If he hadnt played as well as he had, could have been 7-1.   And on the flip-side, had we scored on a couple of those early chances, who knows how the game would have gone.

I think there's still plenty  of time but DD will have to adapt & boy do we need Petry back.   The goal was likely always to try to get a split in Vegas so there's still another chance for that. 

Petry, Merrill, and Evans all practicing today and without non-contact jerseys. DD says Petry will be a game-time decision tomorrow and that Merrill, Evans, and Tatar could all be options to play as well.

Game 1 in books... 7 game win streak snapped. Time to regroup. I think there's a couple big decisions to be made. 1. Hopefully with Petry back, who's going to take a seat? I hope they decide to sit gustafsson and keep kulak and romanov in with SW, JP, BC, JE. 2. Are there any other moves to be made? I haven't completely watched game 1 because I was working and only got to watch the replay today in accelerated fashion, but I would just bring a couple of questions up. First, JEvans should not come back if he is not 100% ready. I haven't heard a lot, but I'm not expecting him to be ready this series (If he is, that only complicates things because I think he needs to be in lineup). But assuming he's not, I want to bring up two players. 1. T Tatar. Does he deserve/warrant consideration to be plugged back in? I get why he was benched in Toronto series and why nothing was changed in Wpg, but I feel he can be used. I love Lehks and Byron and think they should also have a spot in the lineup, but I can't help thinking (watching last nights game) that Tatar would have added something for us. It looked like the type of game that he could excel in. And you have to think he wants to play vs. Vegas. 2. E Staal. Similarly, I understand why he's in the lineup so far, and he has contributed immensely for us so far this postseason. But, I also have to notice some of his shortcomings. Personally, I would like to see Tatar inserted back in, and Staal to take a breather. I won't conjecture too much on if it's a simple swap replacement or if that would mean some changes to lines, but to keep things simple, lets just say Tatar in for Staal.... Either way, it's a good problem to have.

Go Habs Go! Price will be sharper! We will bury more chances (Gotta bear down boys and bury those!). Oh, and one more thing... for the love of god, hit the net! We miss the net far too often (Anderson, Chiarot, Gallagher, Suzuki... honestly, every single player is guilty of this). Hit the freaking net! Period. Fleury will give us rebounds. Let's go! Wishing all you guys the best. :5064:

51 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Petry, Merrill, and Evans all practicing today and without non-contact jerseys. DD says Petry will be a game-time decision tomorrow and that Merrill, Evans, and Tatar could all be options to play as well.

Would love to see Evans and Tatar back in up front - with likely Byron and Staal coming out.

I really hope we dont see Merrill again although the coaching staff has been right about alot so maybe he was playing hurt before the injury. I dont remembering him ever being that bad in Vegas. 

Petry obviously is key.  Ideally you want 100% petry but i think even 70-80% petry is better than what we got from most of the guys last night. 

21 minutes ago, jfcambell11 said:

Hopefully with Petry back, who's going to take a seat? I hope they decide to sit gustafsson and keep kulak and romanov in with SW, JP, BC, JE. 2. Are there any other moves to be made? 

I would assume if petry can go, Kulak or Gus come out. I think Romanov was better than those 2 and no way any of the other 3 sit. 

As for other moves, Id really like to give Tatar a chance and if Evans is ready Id definitely bring him back for his hustle. 

What I think the coaching staff will do if everyone is healthy:

- They seem to be higher on Romanov since he came back and are playing him more

- They seem to like Gus on the PP and if Petry can't shoot well, Gus still has value there.

- But I think at the end of the day, they'll remove Kulak for Petry and potentially Gus or Romanov for Merrill. They've shown they value veterans and defensive play (read lack of offensive ability) over guys who can skate (who they view as being more risky). So I can see Chiarot-Weber, Ed-Petry, Romanov-Merrill...

- I think they really like Evans right now and that he'll have his spot back when he's a go.

- I think they'll also have an inclination to put Tatar back in given motivation from being benched and from playing his former team (which also benched him), as well as the need for offence.

- The player(s) who sits could be any of Lehkonen, Byron, JK, Anderson, Armia, or Staal. I don't see them withdrawing the others. I think they're ignorant enough to think Staal > JK, even though JK gave us a huge boost in round 1 and has been the best member of his line, despite being saddled with two useless wingers. I also think the team might wonder about going back to Byron-Evans-Lehkonen but as a 3rd line instead of the 4th line it should be. So I would not in the least be surprised if it's JK and Armia who come out and we see Anderson slide to the 4th line with Staal and Perry, with Tatar reunited with Danault and Gallagher. Not what I would do, but this is my guess for what the coaching staff will do.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

What I think the coaching staff will do if everyone is healthy:

- They seem to be higher on Romanov since he came back and are playing him more

- They seem to like Gus on the PP and if Petry can't shoot well, Gus still has value there.

- But I think at the end of the day, they'll remove Kulak for Petry and potentially Gus or Romanov for Merrill. They've shown they value veterans and defensive play (read lack of offensive ability) over guys who can skate (who they view as being more risky). So I can see Chiarot-Weber, Ed-Petry, Romanov-Merrill...

- I think they really like Evans right now and that he'll have his spot back when he's a go.

- I think they'll also have an inclination to put Tatar back in given motivation from being benched and from playing his former team (which also benched him), as well as the need for offence.

- The player(s) who sits could be any of Lehkonen, Byron, JK, Anderson, Armia, or Staal. I don't see them withdrawing the others. I think they're ignorant enough to think Staal > JK, even though JK gave us a huge boost in round 1 and has been the best member of his line, despite being saddled with two useless wingers. I also think the team might wonder about going back to Byron-Evans-Lehkonen but as a 3rd line instead of the 4th line it should be. So I would not in the least be surprised if it's JK and Armia who come out and we see Anderson slide to the 4th line with Staal and Perry, with Tatar reunited with Danault and Gallagher. Not what I would do, but this is my guess for what the coaching staff will do.

I think you're probably right that this is what they will do.

I also believe the coaching staff buy into some of the rhetoric (and lets be honest, some of it probably got us here) of guys like Perry or Staal in the room saying "guys this is probably my last shot, Im going to leave it all out on the ice."   The reality is that both of those guys, despite having shifts of brilliance are not the players they once were. I have ZERO doubt that Perry and Staal and Weber etc all WANT to win. They all plan to leave it on the ice and are, to a man, giving everything they possibly have to give - playing hurt, taking hits to make plays, going to the tough areas etc... but just because you give 100% effort doesnt mean you're going to be better than Mark Stone or Pacioretty or Theodore or Pietrangelo.  

We need to be playing the players that give us the best chance to win. 

Montreal needs to knock some players out of the Vegas lineup like they did against the Jets and Leafs if they want any chance at all. Vegas is a far superior team from top to bottom. I predict that Vegas will sweep the HABS.

Hopefully the coaches and the boys got a good look at LV and have seen how good they are....the willies....or awe???.....now will disappear and they welcome out hot in game 2...and continue that pressure the whole game (they need to and not let up). Then IMHO they win game 2 and split the series. Go boys!!!!

1 hour ago, Dude7 said:

Montreal needs to knock some players out of the Vegas lineup like they did against the Jets and Leafs if they want any chance at all. Vegas is a far superior team from top to bottom. I predict that Vegas will sweep the HABS.

I would honestly be surprised if the series didn't go 7 games

safe_image.jpg

Installed by Budweiser as a result of the Montreal Canadiens winning the all-Canadian North Division, the red light now sits in front of La Cage at Complexe Desjardins. The light, which also has a goal-horn-sound component, will turn on after every goal scored by the Canadiens for the rest of their playoff run.

12 hours ago, maas_art said:

a LOT of non-hockey fans there i think, just out for an evening.  I found it funny when they were cheering for an icing. 

non-hockey fans just looking for air conditioning without the slot machines in the background. Wasn't it 42C there on Monday?

12 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Did you mean 2010 and 2014 :ph34r:? We shall find out on Wednesday night. :frech1:

Both pretty good runs for most teams..... people have to stop living in the past we are in the final 4 that is really good in a league this size! sure we have holes to fill but it goes to show we are not garbage! if we had Petry Evans and a player of Drouins's skill on the ice we would be in much better shape. I don't think Vegas is a whole lot better than us but the Lightning especially with the way they played the cap are pretty stacked for now.

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Just watched the 2nd game of  the '93 final. The 1st game ended in a 4-1 loss. The 2nd game ended in a 3-2 OT win. :)

I know you're sometimes on delay with your tv feed, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

On 6/16/2021 at 1:53 AM, Dude7 said:

Can you make another prediction? I am so curious about your ability to diagnose and compare talent! Thanks in advance.  

On 6/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, Dude7 said:

Spoken like a true "blue" leafs fan......... sadly all forums attract trolls