Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Versus Las Vegas Series


Who wins?   

39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who moves on to the SCF?

    • Habs in 4
      2
    • Habs in 5
      4
    • Habs in 6
      19
    • Habs in 7
      7
    • LV in 4
      2
    • LV in 5
      3
    • LV in 6
      2
    • LV in 7
      0


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

I mean it's strange to say, but I'd probably put down last night as our best-played game of the series.  We obviously didn't get the result, but if they play like that the rest of the way it's going to come.

Yup ...  Game 4 is down to the Habs lack of scoring.    We can debate the effect the officiating had on the game but the majority of it was played 5v5 and we scored 1 goal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

I mean it's strange to say, but I'd probably put down last night as our best-played game of the series.  We obviously didn't get the result, but if they play like that the rest of the way it's going to come.

Definitely agree.  Wish they had stayed with Fleury one more game!!

I think the players know this was a good game with bad bounces (imagine if Perry had scored on one of his many chances or CC on the breakaway) but hockey is a game of inches.  This team has proven they know how to play against adversity and I think they will be just fine.    I think almost everyone assumed this would be a 6 or 7 game series, its just too bad we couldnt get the advantage of a 3-1 lead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Series is reset.  Back to square one.  But it's now best of 3 with the loser of Game 5 facing elimination.

Can you sense the momentum of the series changing after Game 4 :ph34r:?  You know, the old adage about not putting the enemy down and having it come back and bite you.

I'm going to flag Game 4 as the series changing event and look back at the end of the week in retrospect whether that's true or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Series is reset.  Back to square one.  But it's now best of 3 with the loser of Game 5 facing elimination.

Can you sense the momentum of the series changing after Game 4 :ph34r:?  You know, the old adage about not putting the enemy down and having it come back and bite you.

I'm going to flag Game 4 as the series changing event and look back at the end of the week in retrospect whether that's true or not.

we need you to say the habs will lose, we always win when you say that. Say it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly, a friend who is a knights fan is really hoping they put Fleury back in (which i dont think they will do after the win).  

 

The reasoning is that the team apparently plays different (better ) in front of Fleury vs Lehner (apparently the reg season stats support this but i didn't check, taking his word for it). He believes Vegas looked bad last night because they don't have the same confidence in Lehner... will be interesting to see what game 5 brings. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

Yup ...  Game 4 is down to the Habs lack of scoring.    We can debate the effect the officiating had on the game but the majority of it was played 5v5 and we scored 1 goal

Have to agree. We had some incredible chances but could not finish? The game should never have gone to OT. I thought they played really well and came out strong compared to game three. That was a big game to win as now we have best two out of three and two games in Vegas. The Stahl/Perry line still making things happen when on the ice and they had a number of opportunities to score but could not finish. Price was incredible and cannot be faulted for the two goals. This team has dug down in the first two series and I do not expect anything different from them. Tues game is big and they need to bring this back to the Bell Centre one up. It will be great to not have the two idiots in the striped shirts! They were brutal lasy night. If this is the best of the officials in the NHL then the league is in trouble. Wow they were a disgace to the position and should be removed from any further games this year. 

Suzuki & Caufield are sure working well together and are looking a lot like the Matthews/Mariner duo only better! :D

Go Habs Go! Lets win this in Montreal on Thurs night!!! :6280:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PuckPundit said:

Series is reset.  Back to square one.  But it's now best of 3 with the loser of Game 5 facing elimination.

Can you sense the momentum of the series changing after Game 4 :ph34r:?  You know, the old adage about not putting the enemy down and having it come back and bite you.

I'm going to flag Game 4 as the series changing event and look back at the end of the week in retrospect whether that's true or not.

Your good buddies in the stripes had a lot to do with it because we played better than they did. you know the old adage the fix is in.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Game 4 was probably the teams best overall game of this series. I'm sure Price wanted that first goal back , that said he has been stellar. If we continue to play a strong positional game and are able to cash in on some of our chances we will win this series!       Habs in six!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's talk coaching adjustment in the series.

DeBoer has thrown down the gauntlet by putting in Lehner and pairing Roy with Pacioretty.  

The ball is in Richardson's court. How will he respond or not respond at all and let things play out? 

Does Richardson appear to you as a passive type of coach?  It's a great opportunity for an Anglophone coach in Montreal to show what he can do when circumstances put him in the hot seat (which he would never have under normal situations) for the rest of this series. But can we expect Richardson to pull any aces from his sleeve? 

If I were Richardson, I would:

1. Replace Gallagher with Tatar.  After 4 games in, does anyone seriously expect Gallagher to suddenly get hot and perform differently?  I'll throw Tatar a chance to prove something to Vegas. I'll put my faith in his puck possession game and gladly take the risk that he could also end up as a turnover machine.

2. Insert Romanov to replace Merrill/Gustafsson.  Could Romanov do any worse? Perhaps but who'd put money down that Romanov can at least move the puck out of the D zone steadily instead of seeing Merrill & Gustafsson hacking and whacking blindly at the puck to ice it?

3. If Evans can play, put him on the 4th line to replace Staal.  Reason: see Gallagher.  

4. Some people have suggested playing Allen to break the opponent back-up goalie curse.  If the rules allow it, why not dress both goalies :D?  If a PP opportunity comes along, put Allen out for 1 minute or less and then quickly re-insert Price back in when the next whistle blows :lol:.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

If I were Richardson, I would:

 

Glad you're not Richardson. :)IMO there is no need for all those suggested changes . They lost a game in OT , they didn't lose 8 - 0

  Price is playing great 

The 4th line is fine with Stall. And seriously do we think they are going to sit Stall for a rookie ( nothing against Evans I think he's done very well ) that is coming off a concussion

Gallagher wouldn't get benched 

Merrill/Gustafsson were brought in for their experience ( whether we like it or not )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Glad you're not Richardson. :)IMO there is no need for all those suggested changes . They lost a game in OT , they didn't lose 8 - 0

  Price is playing great 

The 4th line is fine with Stall. And seriously do we think they are going to sit Stall for a rookie ( nothing against Evans I think he's done very well ) that is coming off a concussion

Gallagher wouldn't get benched 

Merrill/Gustafsson were brought in for their experience ( whether we like it or not )

This to all.  I would probably consider Romanov for Merrill but imho he (Merrill) played his best game as a hab sunday. Evans Id like to get in but i have no idea at who's expense (and im pretty sure he's not ready). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Canadiens are now 2-for-8 on the power play in this series, while the Golden Knights are 0-for-13. The Canadiens have killed off 28 straight power plays over the last 12 games and have a 93.2 per cent success rate during the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DeBoer made a huge blunder in not sticking with Lehner in Game 5, which of course the Habs capitalized.  No complaints as victory is earned by capitalizing on the opposition's mistakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

DeBoer made a huge blunder in not sticking with Lehner in Game 5, which of course the Habs capitalized.  No complaints as victory is earned by capitalizing on the opposition's mistakes.

Yup and now his choices are roll the dice with Fleury again or throw Lehner in there and the pressure of elimination.    I was surprised he did not come back with Lehner for game 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

DeBoer made a huge blunder in not sticking with Lehner in Game 5, which of course the Habs capitalized.  No complaints as victory is earned by capitalizing on the opposition's mistakes.

I don't know I can't really blame Fleurey on any of those goals, it was more of a case of shoddy coverage by the players in front of him and good puck movement by the Habs.   Not sure who was in goal would have made a difference

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Yup and now his choices are roll the dice with Fleury again or throw Lehner in there and the pressure of elimination.    I was surprised he did not come back with Lehner for game 5.

I too was surprised that he came back with Fleury in game five. Lehner played really solid in game four. I have no idea what he'll do in game six. Whoever it is, I just want a nice, relaxing, convincing win for the Habs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...