7 members have voted

1. 1. What outcome will he predict?

• Vegas will win in regulation
    • Vegas will win in O.T.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Best Habs thus far: Edmundson, Suzuki, Caufield, Price, Armia, Perry, Danault

Worst Habs: Chiarot, Merrill, Weber, Staal, Gallagher

Lehky? He's leaving it all on the table.

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Best Habs thus far: Edmundson, Suzuki, Caufield, Price, Armia, Perry, Danault

Worst Habs: Chiarot, Merrill, Weber, Staal, Gallagher

I agree with your Bests but disagree with...actually all of your worsts.

Imho: 
Chiarot has made a few less than perfect plays (and definitely been bailed out) but overall i thought he's looked pretty decent
Merrill is still not great but playing one if his best games he has for us, certainly his best of the playoffs.  Still not as good as Romanov imho.
Weber i thought looked strong all night. Sure not every play is perfect but most were solid. I think he's been our best dman tonight
Staal - obviously the giveaway was horrific but he's still made a number of strong defensive plays and i thought overall fine as a 4th line centre
Gallagher i think is still hurt so definitely less effective.  He's going to the right spots, just not getting the results because i dont think his timing is right

5 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Im picking Weber with a deflection off of one of their Dmen.  Its about time we got one of those. 

Off of P,,,angelo would be sweet.:lol:

Just now, maas_art said:

I agree with your Bests but disagree with...actually all of your worsts.

Imho: 
Chiarot has made a few less than perfect plays (and definitely been bailed out) but overall i thought he's looked pretty decent
Merrill is still not great but playing one if his best games he has for us, certainly his best of the playoffs.  Still not as good as Romanov imho.
Weber i thought looked strong all night. Sure not every play is perfect but most were solid. I think he's been our best dman tonight
Staal - obviously the giveaway was horrific but he's still made a number of strong defensive plays and i thought overall fine as a 4th line centre
Gallagher i think is still hurt so definitely less effective.  He's going to the right spots, just not getting the results because i dont think his timing is right

Chiarot and Merrill both at 37% Corsi and just about bottom of the list. Chiarot has made a number of very poor zone exits and has turned the puck over quite a bit. He was great against Toronto and Winnipeg but he's been awful against Vegas. Merrill has 25% expected goals for, so he's been dominated when on. Weber has slightly better but still poor numbers. He's also made a number of really poor zone exits and made that awful suicide pass to Suzuki too.

Staal is worst on the team at 20% expected goals, meaning his play would generate 4 Vegas goals for every one he Habs score while he's on. And then add that boneheaded giveaway. He was also strong against Toronto but has been less consistent against Vegas. I think Perry and Armia are largely driving that line and I think they'd be even better if Evans, for example, was there between them.

I agree Gallagher looks hurt. He's skating poorly, and I actually find he's late getting to the right spots. His passing has been putrid and he's not getting to the net tonight. Maybe he's hurt, but it doesn't mean he's not playing poorly.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic