The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 3, Game #4. Vegas Golden Knights @ Montreal Canadiens. Sunday, June 20th, 2021.

Clues

Game outcome  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the game?

• Habs win in regulation
    • Habs win in OT
    • Knights win in regulation
    • Knights win in OT

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Mr--Huet said:

I hope they talk about this reffing on all the friggin networks all tomorrow and put some g d pressure on the nhl to do something for once!  Everybody is responsible for their actions, refs included!  Bush league garbage. Standing there like a pylon, "ok boys that's enough, come on, stop it please"

I think you'd have to see some action from the owners around the league for anything to happen there. Player comments, coach comments, media coverage... Ain't gonna do anything.

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

I think you'd have to see some action from the owners around the league for anything to happen there. Player comments, coach comments, media coverage... Ain't gonna do anything.

Hasn't in the pass, can't see taking fines for no action.

2 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

You'd think all the owners would be on board for some standards.  I hope the refs get replaced by cameras and robots at some time in future.  There's gotta be a point where a ref embarrasses the league enough to do something.  Shouldn't take a hot mike 

6 minutes ago, JimBo_KW said:

There should be some place online where we can contact the NHL????

It would be just like contacting the PM, no results.

1 minute ago, Mr--Huet said:

You'd think all the owners would be on board for some standards.  I hope the refs get replaced by cameras and robots at some time in future.  There's gotta be a point where a ref embarrasses the league enough to do something.  Shouldn't take a hot mike 

I mean, I don't know what kind of action would be required, but it really feels like owners around the league have no appetite at all for rocking the boat. I have no idea why, but that's just what it seems like.

Game 2: zero penalties against Vegas, including the hit from behind on Edmundson in the last minute

Game 3: multiple missed calls including hits from behind and the slash to the face that should have been a major or at least an automatic double minor

Game 4: multiple missed calls and yet they find their whistles for a chintzy hook on Suzuki

The NHL literally issued a statement explaining why they were putting the same refs back out, meaning they acknowledged it was low-quality officiating and made an excuse for why they couldn't change it, even though Pochmara is the back-up ref and is on site in Montreal as well. They clearly feel that it's still acceptable though, which means that they see it's bad and they're happy with it being that way. Don't ever tell me there are no corrupt officials in the game. We saw Peel removed for corruption. We know it happens. This yet another black mark on Bettman and the league.

9 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Lots of credit to Suzuki though. He has been getting WORKED OVER this series and he just keeps playing. Toronto and Winnipeg didn't have a plan for him. Vegas clearly wants to target him. He's still playing his game, though. :D

Yep the kid is already a star he is going to be a good one for a long time!

Just now, kinot-2 said:

Is there any possibility that we could have these clowns in any other of our games?

Yeah, there are only 8 refs left in the playoffs, and the NHL said they weren't replacing Lee and O'Rourke because they didn't want to bring more guys through the border to Canada. So we likely get Charron/Dwyer again for Game 5 and then Lee/O'Rourke for a Game 6 if it happens.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic