The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

June 24, Gamblers at Our Habs, 8 PM, The Usual Media Outlets.

kinot-2

6 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I have Lehkonen in OT. We'll use our Finnish to finish off the knights.

Nailed it, great call!

I'm really happy for Lehkonen, he's been great all along and totally deserves it to be rewarded with that huge goal. Amazing to see that everybody's contributing, this team is truly fun to watch.

9 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I have Lehkonen in OT. We'll use our Finnish to finish off the knights.

Spot on :5187:!

I was puzzled why the Habs coaching staff didn't challenge the wrong icing call (where the puck hit Lehner's pad before crossing the line) and asked for video review.  If the refs were made to study the video, the icing call would've been reversed and the face-off be done at centre ice.  I didn't understand why the Habs coaching staff willingly accepted the wrong call.

Anyway, the team earned a well-deserved rest before the SCF commences by closing the series in 6 games. Well done!

:5210::banana_dancing::freu1:

On 6/24/2021 at 7:17 AM, HabsRuleForever said:

Vegas won one we won two then Vegas won one and tonight we win two.

Simple as that.

23 hours ago, maas_art said:

I like this math. I would like it to continue for a couple more weeks too. :)

Sometimes math is fun!

2 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

I did too after I read it but no idea how to edit my post

If your on a laptop or desktop, click on the small box in the top right hand corner and you'll get a drop down menu with the edit function. Can't help you if your on a phone.  I'll edit it for you this time.

5 hours ago, Larry-Launstein-Jr said:

I got to watch the game, and the more Caulfield plays, the better he gets. Looks like the Habs found a keeper.

He'll be our best player within a year. He's already one of them right now i think. 

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

If your on a laptop or desktop, click on the small box in the top right hand corner and you'll get a drop down menu with the edit function. Can't help you if your on a phone.  I'll edit it for you this time.

I tried that and I can only get the options to report or share LOL.

Thanks for the correction though

So, I go to the Vegas newspaper and found this on the front page:

GET IN THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS SPIRIT AT NEW RED ROCK POP-UP LOUNGE

I thought it had to be an old article, but then I looked at the date of the article,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, June 25. :4224::4224:

WHY, WHY, WHY?????? After the game people were rioting. 

"

Images captured at the scene show a police car flipped on its side with fans stomping on its doors.

Couture said police released tear gas, targeting crowds that were committing criminal acts.

Police arrested 15 people, notably for assault and mischief. At least one arrest was made for armed assault against an officer. They also issued 60 tickets to spectators for reasons such as violating municipal fireworks regulations.

This came after thousands of fans gathered on des Canadiens-de-Montréal Avenue downtown, packing it end to end. Police closed it off, not letting more people in.

When police wearing full riot gear moved in to disperse the crowds, people fanned out into downtown and gathered at places such as Ste-Catherine and Crescent streets or on René-Lévesque Boulevard.

Shortly before 2 a.m., riot police were still working to disperse groups of revellers in downtown Montreal, using tear gas several more times."

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

"

Images captured at the scene show a police car flipped on its side with fans stomping on its doors.

Couture said police released tear gas, targeting crowds that were committing criminal acts.

Police arrested 15 people, notably for assault and mischief. At least one arrest was made for armed assault against an officer. They also issued 60 tickets to spectators for reasons such as violating municipal fireworks regulations.

This came after thousands of fans gathered on des Canadiens-de-Montréal Avenue downtown, packing it end to end. Police closed it off, not letting more people in.

When police wearing full riot gear moved in to disperse the crowds, people fanned out into downtown and gathered at places such as Ste-Catherine and Crescent streets or on René-Lévesque Boulevard.

Shortly before 2 a.m., riot police were still working to disperse groups of revellers in downtown Montreal, using tear gas several more times."

Unfortunately to be expected these days… I would be more surprised if it didn’t happen to be honest.

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

"

There is absolutely no excuse for this behavior!!! If they can identify them they should be arrested and have as severe as possible laws thrown at them!!! Make an example immediately!!! 

• H_T_L locked this topic