The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mtl vs TB : Stanley Cup Finals Series Thread

Your prediction  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Cup?

11 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

And here I've been complaining to my wife about how this run has been screwing up my sleep schedule here in Halifax :lol: 

Well, what can I say... over here it's more like the wife's been complaining about me messing up her sleep schedule :ph34r: We have two cats though, one of them born and raised in Montreal, that one likes to hang around right next to me on the couch once the puck drops. Such a hockey nerd :rolleyes:

2021 Stanley Cup Final schedule 

(all times ET) 

Game 1: Mon., June 28, 8 p.m., Canadiens at Lightning/Islanders

Game 2: Wed., June 30, 8 p.m. Canadiens at Lightning/Islanders

Game 3: Fri., July 2, 8 p.m., Lightning/Islanders at Canadiens

Game 4: Mon., July 5, 8 p.m., Lightning/Islanders at Canadiens

Game 5: Wed., July 7, 8 p.m., Canadiens at Lightning/Islanders*

Game 6: Fri., July 9, 8 p.m., Lightning/Islanders at Canadiens*

Game 7: Sun., July 11, 7 p.m., Canadiens at Lightning/Islanders*

* - If necessary

44 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

Hey everyone, I haven't posted here in ages but wanted to come in and say GO HABS GO!!!!

Hi Noob,,,, long time no see. How's things?? Good to hear from you.

• maas_art changed the title to Mtl vs TB : Stanley Cup Finals Series Thread (Games start Monday Jun 28)

Even though i think the Isle might be an easier matchup, i think that TB will be less motivated - dont get me wrong, they are going to be motivated - but they just won last year... i like our chances. 

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Even though i think the Isle might be an easier matchup, i think that TB will be less motivated - dont get me wrong, they are going to be motivated - but they just won last year... i like our chances. 

Queue the entire media world saying "Tampa in five." We've won three rounds so far. And no one expected us to. Why not one more?

23 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

It’s been a long time. How many of you were not alive in 93 yet?

I've been a Habs fan since the late 60's.............seen a few cup runs ..lol.........but none more satisfying than this one so far !!

The two good things about this:

1. The Habs will maintain their substantial underdog role, which has suited them well. They're motivated to prove everyone wrong.

2. Tampa is extremely unlikeable this year because they cheated to circumvent the cap. As I've posted, there is a 0% chance that Kucherov and Stamkos turned healthy at exactly the time the playoffs started and a 100% chance the Lightning asked these guys to fake staying injured until the cap was no longer an issue. Plain and short, they cheated to get where they are and they don't deserve to be here. Everyone should be rooting against them, including the NHLPA, which really should be against players being asked to fake injury duration.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

The two good things about this:

1. The Habs will maintain their substantial underdog role, which has suited them well. They're motivated to prove everyone wrong.

2. Tampa is extremely unlikeable this year because they cheated to circumvent the cap. As I've posted, there is a 0% chance that Kucherov and Stamkos turned healthy at exactly the time the playoffs started and a 100% chance the Lightning asked these guys to fake staying injured until the cap was no longer an issue. Plain and short, they cheated to get where they are and they don't deserve to be here. Everyone should be rooting against them, including the NHLPA, which really should be against players being asked to fake injury duration.

And #3 - if you believe the League was conspiring to get a LV/NYI final, then who would they rather have win now? Tampa, who already won last year, or the first Canadian team in 28 years?  Im not saying we want or need the refs on our side, but i think its unlikely there will be biased reffing in TB's favour - both for this reason and point #2 above. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

I was watching the pressers after Tampa's win against the Isles tonight, and to a man every single player (prompted or not) said some very similar variation of "Montreal's a great team, they're in the finals for a reason".  That's the "right" thing to say, no doubt, but it's not what you say if you actually think that the other team is on your level.  They're obviously here for a reason, which shouldn't need to be said... unless you don't really believe it.

Montreal has some swagger right now, and going into a series with a team as heavily favoured as the defending champion Lightning they're going to feel like they have a lot to prove.  I've got to say, I'm feeling pretty confident myself.

5 minutes ago, archey said:

Lightning choice of skates sucks. Teach 'em a lesson.

So was their choice of giveaways for last nights game. WTH  was with those mini tennis rackets? I'm assuming that's what they were. Strange.

This is what Tampa has to look forward to,,,

Mathews, Marner,,,1 goal combined in 7 games

Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Dubois,,,1 goal combined in 4 games

Pacioritty, Stone, Tuch, Marshessault ,,, 1 goal combined in 6 games

1 minute ago, habsisme said:

If they lose it will be his fault, if we lose it will be your fault

But I didn't touch the trophy. :6185:

• H_T_L changed the title to Mtl vs TB : Stanley Cup Finals Series Thread
  • HabsRuleForever locked this topic