The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Stanley Cup Final Game 1 June 28 8 pm ET

HabsRuleForever

It’s been a long time   

10 members have voted

1. 1. blame kinot or puck pundit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2021 at 12:00 AM

Montreal in 6 tonight Gallagher opens the scoring we win 4-2 , Byron empty net goal at the end Petry and JK with the others!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!

1 minute ago, CaptWelly said:

Montreal in 6 tonight Gallagher opens the scoring we win 4-2 , Byron empty net goal at the end Petry and JK with the others!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Would love to see Gally get that goal

Given the circumstances of Armia being in COVID protocol, there are really only three possibilities I can think of that led him there:

1. He tested positive but had no symptoms and then two confirmatory tests were negative, leading it to be a false positive

2. He was in contact with someone who tested positive

3. He had symptoms of something but tested negative.

If it were the first case, you would think he would just be in the line-up and not a game time decision. If it were the 2nd, he would be out for 14 days you would think. So my guess is that he had some type of symptom (cough, runny nose, diarrhea, whatever else), tested negative, and is now cleared and here. I'm guessing he's a gametime decision because he's dealing with something.

14 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

We're listed at less than 25% to wil the cup. I wonder who picked that number out of thin air. 

That seems really low.  I would have though 60/40 at this point but whatever. 

Honestly i think the team is happier being underdogs than if they had faced the Isles and possibly been the favourites. 

Just now, maas_art said:

That seems really low.  I would have though 60/40 at this point but whatever. 

Honestly i think the team is happier being underdogs than if they had faced the Isles and possibly been the favourites. 

I just hope Tampa is cocky. Even if they're saying the Habs are a good team, hopefully inside they're thinking this is the 18th best team in the regular season and that they should have no problem taking care of business. In the playoffs, what's been different for us?

1. Price

2. The PK (largely related to Price)

3. Caufield's emergence

4. Physicality taking over and wearing opponents down

5. Better team health, allowing us to roll 4 lines and play to our strength of depth up front.

We need to surprise them with opportune scoring and by doing just that, using our depth to make sure everyone stays fresh and able to outskate TB.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

I just hope Tampa is cocky. Even if they're saying the Habs are a good team, hopefully inside they're thinking this is the 18th best team in the regular season and that they should have no problem taking care of business. In the playoffs, what's been different for us?

1. Price

2. The PK (largely related to Price)

3. Caufield's emergence

4. Physicality taking over and wearing opponents down

5. Better team health, allowing us to roll 4 lines and play to our strength of depth up front.

We need to surprise them with opportune scoring and by doing just that, using our depth to make sure everyone stays fresh and able to outskate TB.

Yep...I think they will be..as all the previous teams were the boys played....

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Evan's is doing line rushes

Given what they did with Petry, this means nothing until the game actually starts. I think Armia is sick, so let's see if it's real and/or enough to keep him out. A healthy Evans is better than a sick Armia, but if Armia is good to go, I don't see them making changes.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic