Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 2, June 30, Habs @ Bolts, Same Media.


kinot-2
 Share

Who wins?   

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Habs in regulation (Absolve Kinot #1)
      14
    • Habs in OT (Absolve Kinot #2)
      0
    • TB in Regulation (Blame Kinot #1)
      2
    • TB in OT (Blame Kinot #2)
      0

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

METHINKS WE'LL SEE A BETTER PUSH-BACK.

For sure. I think we are going to play a much stronger game overall and im really curious to see what DD and Richardson come up with in terms of breaking up the TB system.   They cheat a LOT - i think that can be exploited - at any given time they have 2-3 players who could be caught out of position if we force them. 
 

17 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Me too, I think we can get that split tomorrow :2008122810303:

Yup and ultimately thats the goal. Get the split & hopefully win both back home.   Gonna need some bounces and going to need to challenge Vas. a lot more than we did in game 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L pinned this topic

 A few things have to happen for us to win tomorrow night. 1) Chiarot needs to let pucks go ten feet wide instead of playing with it and putting it in his own net. 2) Cernak needs to not make the greatest and probably only goal of his career and Weber needs to get another breakaway. 3) We were a little slow defensively, had some bad bounces and need to continue to be physical.

Tampa is trying to intimidate and we may be able to get them off their game with some more rough stuff. 5-1 was the final but it wasn't that big of a loss. Go Habs Go!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

 A few things have to happen for us to win tomorrow night. 1) Chiarot needs to let pucks go ten feet wide instead of playing with it and putting it in his own net. 2) Cernak needs to not make the greatest and probably only goal of his career and Weber needs to get another breakaway. 3) We were a little slow defensively, had some bad bounces and need to continue to be physical.

Tampa is trying to intimidate and we may be able to get them off their game with some more rough stuff. 5-1 was the final but it wasn't that big of a loss. Go Habs Go!!!

Agree. It was 2-1 to start the 3rd and we werent getting dominated. They got the bounced, we didnt and I think we still had a chance at 3-1 but their 4th goal pretty much ended it.


Would love to get an early goal because this team plays a much different game when they have the lead. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a Do-Or-Die game for the Habs!  Must-win for them to stay alive in this series.

Mark my words with absolute certainty, if the Habs lose this game, they lose the series. 

Really hope they play with greater urgency and desperation as if their lives depend on it.  Because that's the situation they're in now!

The outcome of this game will determine whether the Habs' Stanley Cup run trends towards the path of St. Louis or Dallas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PuckPundit said:

It's a Do-Or-Die game for the Habs!  Must-win for them to stay alive in this series.

Mark my words with absolute certainty, if the Habs lose this game, they lose the series. 

Really hope they play with greater urgency and desperation as if their lives depend on it.  Because that's the situation they're in now!

The outcome of this game will determine whether the Habs' Stanley Cup run trends towards the path of St. Louis or Dallas.

Uh, in '93 they lost both games to  the Nordigue and beat them., and went on to win the cup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Uh, in '93 they lost both games to  the Nordigue and beat them., and went on to win the cup. 

That wasn't the Stanley Cup final, was it :)? The stakes were different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

That wasn't the Stanley Cup final, was it :)? The stakes were different.

Nope, but the Habe lost the 1st game of the DCF agasinst LA.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

It's a Do-Or-Die game for the Habs!  Must-win for them to stay alive in this series.

Mark my words with absolute certainty, if the Habs lose this game, they lose the series. 

Really hope they play with greater urgency and desperation as if their lives depend on it.  Because that's the situation they're in now!

The outcome of this game will determine whether the Habs' Stanley Cup run trends towards the path of St. Louis or Dallas.

Sooner or later, with one of your 9,000,000 "mark my words" claims, you will be right!! :4224:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

It's a Do-Or-Die game for the Habs!  Must-win for them to stay alive in this series.

 

Its only game 2 . When , and if, Tampa wins 3 games then it's a " must win " 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah... certainly every game is very important, and going down 2-0 will make it a difficult task, but the important thing is to improve vs. the opponent. Despite the outcome of tonight's game, there must be improvement from game to game, and if we can improve tonight and then improve on home ice, we have a chance. As this team has showcased, if they get their form right vs. the opponent they can win 4 games in a row or 4 out of 5 or 6; So, personally, I don't think a victory tonight is as dire as a must win. However, I agree that there is urgency to improve dramatically from the showing Monday night. They were completely out of sorts/sync. The matchup between Point and Suzuki was very lopsided and made a big impact. They need to either challenge the Suzuki line to not get Dominated once again, and/or find a way to get a different matchup; Probably both. I am still an advocate for moving Toffoli off of Suzuki and Caufield line, but I won't push that agenda here. The bottom line is that line NEEDS to step up their performance from Monday night (Caufield looked star struck). But I have confidence they can. Whoever is out against the Point line, needs to concentrate and execute a high level proficiency of defensive structure and execution. That line is their key. They generate so much momentum from that line, and then roll out the Stamkos line and they are able to capitalize from that momentum built. We need to disrupt Point's transition and offensive zone control. One area easily identified for need for improvement is pucks in and pucks out. Our turnovers at their blue line were a problem.

Also, two more things that I will mention time and time again.... Please, for the love of God, 1. step up on their entry into the zone! Do not give them time and space entering the zone and in the high slot. Force them to put the puck in the corners or down low. Defensemen need to step up, take away their time and space and forwards need to come back hard through the middle. 2. Put the pucks on the G'dang net! I'm sick of this shooting wide stuff. a lot of times it's by design to shoot wide from the points to try and generate stuff on the sides of the nets, but our forwards are trying to get  traffic in front and we're basically turning over the puck. just put it on net. And, it carries over to clean shots. We are missing the net far too frequently. Please, hit the net. You can not score if you don't hit the net. Besides, our team is made up of guys who can create stuff off of rebounds... Gallagher, Perry, Anderson, Staal, Armia, etc, etc. ...

Anyway, I can't wait for game 2. Go Habs Go! And, yes... interested to see if any changes will be made to lineup. Armia certainly has to be back in, but who do you take out? Evans was fine last game, and I like his game overall... Tatar is waiting to contribute... I won't interject an opinion here, because I'm pretty comfortable with all of our forwards right now. I'll wait and see for that. For me, Merrill and Gustafsson both added nothing to Game 1 and overall, I think they are our worst defensemen. I would prefer to see Romanov and Kulak, but will take one of them. Chiarot does need to clean up some stuff, and maybe less ice=time would help him do that. Fresh legs and energy from Kulak and Romanov might help them accomplish this.

Shut down Point/Kucherov! Go Habs Go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Armia back in for Evans, who was back in a non-contact jersey today. No other changes as far as practice lines show.

Killorn out for TB.

:6280: Thank you!    ....   Poor Killorn :5064: Perhaps he's getting his shoulder pads raised.... or maybe has to tighten his pantyhose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Armia back in for Evans, who was back in a non-contact jersey today. No other changes as far as practice lines show.

Killorn out for TB.

Non contact?  Thats odd - was he rushed back or does he have something minor after not playing for a while... guess we'll find out.  I hope that injuries dont derail his career. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Non contact?  Thats odd - was he rushed back or does he have something minor after not playing for a while... guess we'll find out.  I hope that injuries dont derail his career. 

Yeah, non-contact would be weird... I hope he's not suffering from any sort of head issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2021 at 5:43 PM, maas_art said:

For sure. I think we are going to play a much stronger game overall and im really curious to see what DD and Richardson come up with in terms of breaking up the TB system.   They cheat a LOT - i think that can be exploited - at any given time they have 2-3 players who could be caught out of position if we force them. 

Then we'll have to make sure that we get it in deep during the rush, and get our point shots through,  because when we didn't,  TB literally,  flew the other way towards our end. We also need to get it out of our own zone, the first chance we get,  cause we keep bringing it back in and losing the puck to TB. or, needlessly,  icing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Armia back in for Evans, who was back in a non-contact jersey today. No other changes as far as practice lines show.

Killorn out for TB.

Luke R said he wasn’t in a non contact jersey 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...