The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 4, Bolts @ Our Habs, 8 PM, Same Media.

Will we win this one?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who still has faith?

• I do
    • Tampa finishes this tonight.

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Graeme-1 said:

Glad it wasn't a sweep. And while winning 3 more against Tampa isn't exactly likely, stranger things have happened (would be an amazing capper to the "Cinderella run").

Realistically, I know Tampa is almost certainly winning the cup, but a small part of me still has some hope left.

This.

Game 1 we were thoroughly outplayed. Game 2 we were probably the better team but they were more opportunistic and game 3 was just a whole lot of bad bounces.  Tonight we played well & if we play like that we should have a good chance to win every game - but - its called a chance because you dont have full control over things.  A few bad bounces & we're out & with no margin for error the TBL are definitely in the drivers seat.  

It sucks it took us this long to get our game up to speed but hey, its hockey, anything can happen.  WIll keep believing in them till the final buzzer sounds.  Hopefully in game 7!!

24 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Now we have to break the losing in Tampa curse.

And there’s talk Tampa hasn’t lost two in a row since getting swept by Columbus 

2 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

And there’s talk Tampa hasn’t lost two in a row since getting swept by Columbus 

Doesn't matter, we're in it to win it. 

11 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

And 5 minors against the Habs. Then you look at all the missed calls on TB, most importantly the clear interference by Maroon on Kulak to score his goal. This game would be a 2-1 Habs victory if not for the refs' corruption.

The refs were absolutely terrible. No other way to say it. That has to change. Did anyone else notice on the replay it clearly showed 8 lightning guys on the ice on our first goal. Yes, two of them were going to the bench, but then there were 6 clearly on the ice. That led to confusion on their end and slow getting back in, but there were still 6 men on the ice and the refs weren't even thinking about calling it. Just all around horrible job (unless you're a lightning fan).

1 hour ago, jfcambell11 said:

The refs were absolutely terrible. No other way to say it. That has to change. Did anyone else notice on the replay it clearly showed 8 lightning guys on the ice on our first goal. Yes, two of them were going to the bench, but then there were 6 clearly on the ice. That led to confusion on their end and slow getting back in, but there were still 6 men on the ice and the refs weren't even thinking about calling it. Just all around horrible job (unless you're a lightning fan).

In that case though, because of the goal, the penalty would have been negated.  

I agree though, the overall game was horribly reffed & seemed quite one-sided.   Bad (both ways)  reffing is one thing.  Biased is another. 

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

In that case though, because of the goal, the penalty would have been negated.  

I agree though, the overall game was horribly reffed & seemed quite one-sided.   Bad (both ways)  reffing is one thing.  Biased is another. 

That's the funny thing about these 7 game series - if you look at it as "can they beat the lightning in 4 straight" it seems like a really tall order, but taking it one game everything suddenly seems possible.

I mean right now for Tampa it's still all smiles.  "We've got three more games".  "No worries guys, now we can win it at home".  I mean I know that everyone is saying the right things about the last game being the hardest, but you know that deep down they've got to be a pretty confident group.  Up 3-1 and a few hit posts away from being Stanley Cup Champions - I know I would be.

But if the Habs win on Wednesday?  That's when I imagine the doubts really start to creep in.  Winning four straight was not going to happen, but winning two straight?  That sort of thing can happen even against a bad team, let alone a team that's made it to the SCF and is fighting for their lives.  I'm sure that if we can make it to game 6 that they'll be holding their sticks pretty tight.

23 minutes ago, Manatee-X said:

That's the funny thing about these 7 game series - if you look at it as "can they beat the lightning in 4 straight" it seems like a really tall order, but taking it one game everything suddenly seems possible.

I mean right now for Tampa it's still all smiles.  "We've got three more games".  "No worries guys, now we can win it at home".  I mean I know that everyone is saying the right things about the last game being the hardest, but you know that deep down they've got to be a pretty confident group.  Up 3-1 and a few hit posts away from being Stanley Cup Champions - I know I would be.

But if the Habs win on Wednesday?  That's when I imagine the doubts really start to creep in.  Winning four straight was not going to happen, but winning two straight?  That sort of thing can happen even against a bad team, let alone a team that's made it to the SCF and is fighting for their lives.  I'm sure that if we can make it to game 6 that they'll be holding their sticks pretty tight.

Yup. And the old cliches hold true:

if you could ask this team, at the start of the playoffs, if they would like to wake up & be down 3-1 in the Stanley Cup Finals... they would take it - every, single, one of them. 

Heck, we werent even sure we would make the playoffs with just a few games left to go!!