The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 4, Bolts @ Our Habs, 8 PM, Same Media.

Will we win this one?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who still has faith?

• I do
    • Tampa finishes this tonight.

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

From the Tampa Bay Times

"Tampa Mayor Jane Castor wants Lightning to clinch on home ice."

A mayor wanting that & the team actually planning to throw a game are two very different things though.

As i said, I could see them being a little less motivated (Although they have the killer instinct so you never know) and I could see them being less prepared than us, but I dont for a minute they are thinking "meh, we'll just let this one go" so they can win at home. 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Agree but, like you, i think it should have been done a while back.  

I agree that bringing in Evans is good.  JK out is not great.   As for Staal, we have to remember that this is a business, yes, but the are humans too.  Staal could be playing the last 1 - 4 games of his career.   Its not like you're taking him out to bring in McDavid.  Evans is a nice burst of energy but Evans vs Staal (or JK) probably wont change the outcome of the game, its more a tweak, so...I can understand why they want to give guys like Staal & Perry their games. 

I get that, but ultimately, we're here to win the cup and put the best team on the ice to do that. I feel that Staal has been a nice veteran presence, but when the puck drops, Evans/JK/Tatar give us a better fit against a faster TB Lightning squad. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just feel that Staal should be the first forward scratched out of all of our forwards. That's just my opinion. That being said... every time I lobby for Staal to be scratched, he comes out and scores a goal, or produces positively. So, maybe a bit of good luck comes from this post :D And, It's not that I don't appreciate what Staal can contribute when he plays his best game! Let's hope tonight is one of them!

22 minutes ago, maas_art said:

A mayor wanting that & the team actually planning to throw a game are two very different things though.

As i said, I could see them being a little less motivated (Although they have the killer instinct so you never know) and I could see them being less prepared than us, but I dont for a minute they are thinking "meh, we'll just let this one go" so they can win at home. 

I completely agree. It is a bit outlandish to say a team would purposely throw a game to bring it back to home ice. If anyone did, may the hockey gods curse their fortunes! Careful what you wish for, Mayor Jane Castor! Momentum and the game of hockey has a funny way of working.... Let's hope Tampa doesn't have their best game, one way or the other, and let's hope we can change this tide of momentum! Go Habs Go!

4 hours ago, Regis22 said:

No Team goes out with the intent to lose - they are up by 3 , they should come out with the mind set to end it tonight or they could come out flat . 

Yeah,,,,,ludicrous to think differently. You don't let your opponent off the mat,,,, you go for the kill. Why would you want to give a glimmer of hope? Ask the Leafs how they feel.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

From the Tampa Bay Times

I won't feel bad about the Habs winning the Cup in game 7 in Tampa.:lol:

4 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Just heard on the radio JK is out , Evans is in . Kulak is in

Confirmed

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-kotkaniemi-expected-scratched-game-4-vs-lightning/

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2021/7/5/22563839/montreal-canadiens-jesperi-kotkaniemi-out-jake-evans-in-for-game-4-lineup-stanley-cup-final-lines

IMO if changes were going to be made they should have been done last game not in the do or die game 

KK 1g3a in last 10 PO games, -4
Staal 1g0a in last 10 PO games, -5

Tough one for me, Stall/Armia/Perry works and has had success ... but KK is just better than Staal if inexperienced

2 hours ago, jfcambell11 said:

I get that, but ultimately, we're here to win the cup and put the best team on the ice to do that. I feel that Staal has been a nice veteran presence, but when the puck drops, Evans/JK/Tatar give us a better fit against a faster TB Lightning squad. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just feel that Staal should be the first forward scratched out of all of our forwards. That's just my opinion. That being said... every time I lobby for Staal to be scratched, he comes out and scores a goal, or produces positively. So, maybe a bit of good luck comes from this post :D And, It's not that I don't appreciate what Staal can contribute when he plays his best game! Let's hope tonight is one of them!

1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

KK 1g3a in last 10 PO games, -4
Staal 1g0a in last 10 PO games, -5

Tough one for me, Stall/Armia/Perry works and has had success ... but KK is just better than Staal if inexperienced

I agree with both of you guys, I just think that we're talking tinkering here.  Its not like getting Petry back or if you were inserting a potential game-breaker into the lineup like Caufield.   

On any given night JK, Evans, Staal - they all could be the better player.   Obviously JK and Evans have a longer expected future here, I think Staal hangs them up (or plays elsewhere next year) so I get the idea of dressing both of them.  But i think the coaches feel like Staal's experience is a difference maker.  Defensively he's done a lot of work that goes unnoticed &  JK has been at fault on a couple of TB goals, but this is how players learn - and its not like we're not getting clobbered by ALL of their lines anyway, lol.

If it was me, JK would remain in the lineup. Im not sure who i would take out to get Evans or Tatar in tbh, but it wouldnt be one of our 3 young cornerstone forwards. 

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

From the Tampa Bay Times

Wednesday Tropical Storm whoever, starts with an E, passes through Tampa with 65 MPH winds

5 minutes ago, archey said:

Wednesday Tropical Storm whoever, starts with an E, passes through Tampa with 65 MPH winds

Maybe Amalie will fall down and then have to play remaining games in Montreal. :)

Ducharme confirms:

They want the Evans,  Paul Byron and Artturi Lehkonen line back together without breaking up the duos of Brendan Gallagher and Phillip Danault, and Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield or the line of Joel Armia, Eric Staal, and Corey Perry.

-  Alexander Romanov and Brett Kulak will be in the lineup, but there will be a rotation and they may not always play together.

The lines appear (to start) to be:

Toffoli - Danault - Gallagher    
Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson  
Byron-Evans-Lehks
Armia-Staal-Perry

Ducharme also confirmed that if they lose tonight, JK will draw back in for the next game. 

(sorry)

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Ducharme confirms:

They want the Evans,  Paul Byron and Artturi Lehkonen line back together without breaking up the duos of Brendan Gallagher and Phillip Danault, and Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield or the line of Joel Armia, Eric Staal, and Corey Perry.

-  Alexander Romanov and Brett Kulak will be in the lineup, but there will be a rotation and they may not always play together.

The lines appear (to start) to be:

Toffoli - Danault - Gallagher    
Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson  
Byron-Evans-Lehks
Armia-Staal-Perry

Ducharme also confirmed that if they lose tonight, JK will draw back in for the next game. 

(sorry)

Heh. He probably thinks it its the best 5 out of 7

Romanov and Kulak in for Merrill and Gus: GOOD. Hopefully they use all 6 D men tonight. They can't keep riding the worn-out veterans.

Reuniting Byron-Evans-Lehkonen: GOOD. I've talked about this line being a good way of putting forecheck pressure on the TB D.

Pulling JK out instead of Staal: POURRI. Staal has no future here and he's helping the team less than JK. Stupid.

Not putting Tatar in: also dumb. This team can't score and it's busy pressboxing scorers for pluggers.

Ultimately, some of this was good, but a line of Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia would have been better than Perry-Staal-Armia to me.

2 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

ki not is in..

1 minute ago, HARBORSPORT said:

our star player

<Takes bow >