The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

July 7, Habs @ the bolts, 8 PM, Usual Media Places.

Winning goal  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which line get's the winner tonight?

• Nick's line
    • Dano's line
    • Staal's line
    • Evan's line
    • A D-man will get it

1 minute ago, PuckPundit said:

Will the fans boo Bettman when the Cup is presented? I've always thought it was customary to do so.

Nope, they should be cheering him. 

2 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Will the fans boo Bettman when the Cup is presented? I've always thought it was customary to do so.

Tampa has zero reason to boo the guy who let them go over the Cap then allow the best referees in the world to finish the job for them.

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Tampa has zero reason to boo the guy who let them go over the Cap then allow the best referees in the world to finish the job for them.

I hear Bettman has the ref's bonus cheques in his pocket. 

1 minute ago, electron58 said:

Amazing what money can buy.

Tampa will face salary cap pressure with new contracts and be forced to let go of depth players.

Frankly, if Coleman and/or Goodrow are let go, MB should seriously go after them.  They've proven to be a dangerous combo.

Price stood on his head. At the end of the day, this team couldn't generate goals. They scored less than 2 goals a game against Tampa, and it's hard to win a series when you can't score. They lost Drouin and despite that, they chose at times in this post-season to sit Caufield, Kotkaniemi, and Tatar. Then you had a number of guys who just failed to show up in the finals... first and foremost Brendan Gallagher, who must be hurt but who didn't help his team in any way regardless; Tyler Toffoli, who seemed to disappear as the post-season went along; Eric Staal, who didn't deserve to be out there in the finals; Jon Merrill, who was our worst player in the regular season and maintained that distinction in the playoffs. The bright spots were Suzuki, Caufield, Armia, Lehkonen, Edmundson, and Price.

My grades for the entire post-season:

- Price: A+

- Edmundson: A

- Petry: B

- Weber: B-

- Chiarot: B-

- Gustafsson: B-

- Romanov: C+

- Kulak: C-

- Merrill: F

- Suzuki: A

- Caufield: A

- Armia: A

- Lehkonen: A-

- Toffoli: B+

- Perry: B+

- Danault: B

- Kotkaniemi: B

- Anderson: B

- Evans: B-

- Tatar: B-

- Staal: C

- Byron: C-

- Gallagher: D

1 minute ago, PuckPundit said:

Tampa will face salary cap pressure with new contracts and be forced to let go of depth players.

Frankly, if Coleman and/or Goodrow are let go, MB should seriously go after them.  They've proven to be a dangerous combo.

LOL. If Coleman played for the Habs they would be on a perpetual penalty kill. 

8 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I heard the boos in the crowd when Bettman first took to the mic :4224:.

2 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Should be interesting to see who they put on LTIR  to make it happen.:rolleyes:.

10 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

Congrats to the Lightening....obviously the far better team

You forgot to congratualte the refs.