The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

July 7, Habs @ the bolts, 8 PM, Usual Media Places.

Winning goal  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which line get's the winner tonight?

• Nick's line
    • Dano's line
    • Staal's line
    • Evan's line
    • A D-man will get it

13 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

I just learned that the Habs organization fired kinot...to take effect immediately :4322:

Ya know, I have friends in Georgia, and can find out where you live. Think about that.  :P

An email from the wife after the game.

"What a (redacted)  joke..............if no important people in hockey could'nt see that the refs were biased and controlled the outcome of the game they are blind.  I saw a comment to an article that said the Stanley Cup is Canadian and the NHL should split into 2 countries like football and the Stanley Cup should come back to Canada where it belongs and should only be won by a Canadian team.  The US can come up with their own cup.   Canadian team owners need to come together and make it happen."

1 minute ago, southernhabfan said:

Let me give you my address....lol....

Don't bother,,,, it will be a surprise.  :P

1 minute ago, southernhabfan said:

By the way...moved family away from Grorgia (Russian mafia helped us):4322:

And you're a man of the cloth,,,,, how dare you associtate with thye Russion Mafia. :6185:

3 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

What the hell does associtate mean? 

Figure it out, I'm on my 4th drink. 

20 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

My grades for the entire post-season:

- Byron: C-

Isn't that a little unfair considering Byron's critical GWG and assists in key moments of the playoff run?

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

He's drinking three 60 pounders. I'm surprised he's still standing much less typing.:4224:

Sitting, :frech1: but maybe staggering to make more.  :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Does Vasilevskiy winning the Conn Smythe (first goalie to win since 2012) signal the changing of the guard and passing of the crown from Carey Price as best league goalie?

Nope he had it easy with that cap cheating team in front of him. put Price in a bolts jersey and Vasi in a Habs jersey and lets see who is best.

4 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Nope he had it easy with that cap cheating team in front of him. put Price in a bolts jersey and Vasi in a Habs jersey and lets see who is best.

IMO, CP should have won it, he carried the team on his back and dragged the team into the POs. TB had scoring, where we didin't. 

4 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

The whole "cap cheating" and "ref bias" thing ... lets be blunt, the Habs just aren't very good ... period.     They lose game 5  One to Zip ... you can't win if you don't score.   Did the cap thing and ref bias make it harder for the Habs? Yes.     Did they lose on a biased call tonight? no ... they lost because they simply can't score ... despite the miracle run when you got Staal and Perry getting regular shifts, we kept playing Merrill far too long, the list goes on and on

They're just a mediocre team.

Just now, HabsAlways said:

The whole "cap cheating" and "ref bias" thing ... lets be blunt, the Habs just aren't very good ... period.     They lose game 5  One to Zip ... you can't win if you don't score.   Did the cap thing and ref bias make it harder for the Habs? Yes.     Did they lose on a biased call tonight? no ... they lost because they simply can't score ... despite the miracle run when you got Staal and Perry getting regular shifts, we kept playing Merrill far too long, the list goes on and on

They're just a mediocre team.

YEAH Mediocre enough to get the SCF. I agree lets be blunt, Tampa is a better team but like most american teams they get a lot of breaks from the refs and they got to have star players that if the spirit of the rules were followed they would not have had. they beat us by one goal tonight who is to say what may have happened without those guys? not being able to score is the issue for sure Drouin being out Tater falling off a cliff really hurt us but for our team to do what it did was not all on Price until this series we were able to score we just ran out of talent and gas against this bunch

17 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

IMO, CP should have won it, he carried the team on his back and dragged the team into the POs. TB had scoring, where we didin't. 

Had we stretched it to 7 games, maybe but there's no way they would award the conn smythe to a losing player in a 5 game series. 

7 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Had we stretched it to 7 games, maybe but there's no way they would award the conn smythe to a losing player in a 5 game series. 

When we swept the St. Louis Blues in 67-68, Glen Hall of the Bues, won the Conn Smythe. 

I give it about 40 years before we forget that our division rival robbed the world of good hockey a couple days worth anyhow. I won't be around. I guess that what makes it a forum. To my mind anyhow.