The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Coaching Staff, 2021-22

The Laval Rocket announced on Thursday that the team has agreed to terms on a three-year contract with Kelly Buchberger to serve as one of the assistants to new head coach Jean-François Houle.

I thought he was an Oiler for life 

11 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Canadiens Notebook: Habs hire Éric Raymond as goalie coach

Montreal native was goalie coach under Dominique Ducharme with Halifax Mooseheads and also with Team Canada at world junior championship.

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Burke remains as "Director of Goaltending" so we essentially have two goalie coaches now? 

Ya, one to direct, and one to coach. See how simple that is? :P

Habs name Adam Douglas director of sport science and performance

MONTREAL -- The Montreal Canadiens have hired Adam Douglas as the team's director of sport science and performance.

Douglas was previously Hockey Canada's manager of sport performance for the men's national teams, as well as head of the high performance department for the women's teams.

He replaces Pierre Allard, who left his position with the Habs to become an assistant coach with the Munich Red Bull in Germany.

In addition to his duties with Hockey Canada, Douglas also worked in applied sport scientist with the Catapult Sports agency.

His focus was to help hockey clients ensure their wearable technology was maximized, as well as further stimulate the research and innovation of wearable technology devices in sport.

A Mississauga, Ont. native, Douglas also worked with the Ottawa Senators in 2008-09, designing and overseeing in-season and off-season individualized strength and conditioning programs for all team members.

He also supervised and coached players training in the Ottawa area during the off-season.

10 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Habs name Adam Douglas director of sport science and performance

MONTREAL -- The Montreal Canadiens have hired Adam Douglas as the team's director of sport science and performance.

Douglas was previously Hockey Canada's manager of sport performance for the men's national teams, as well as head of the high performance department for the women's teams.

He replaces Pierre Allard, who left his position with the Habs to become an assistant coach with the Munich Red Bull in Germany.

In addition to his duties with Hockey Canada, Douglas also worked in applied sport scientist with the Catapult Sports agency.

His focus was to help hockey clients ensure their wearable technology was maximized, as well as further stimulate the research and innovation of wearable technology devices in sport.

A Mississauga, Ont. native, Douglas also worked with the Ottawa Senators in 2008-09, designing and overseeing in-season and off-season individualized strength and conditioning programs for all team members.

He also supervised and coached players training in the Ottawa area during the off-season.

Sound good. Let's see what he can add to the team over time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

Just watched Ducharme's interview over at RDS, I really liked what I heard from him much more of a straight shooter than coaches past. I feel like he has a realistic idea of the team he has and how to use it, time will tell.

I do like a lot of what ive seen from him.  My biggest concern is that - and this is purely based on what ive seen vs. what he's said  - it appears as if he caves to pressure from MB. 

Now, some of that may be based on inexperience and being thrown into a bad situation last year so im 100% willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I actually think this team will be a lot better than many people think. Yes, we've got concerns at centre and on defense but I think they will work themselves out.  And I think a lot of that starts with DD & his play/system. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

I do like a lot of what ive seen from him.  My biggest concern is that - and this is purely based on what ive seen vs. what he's said  - it appears as if he caves to pressure from MB. 

Now, some of that may be based on inexperience and being thrown into a bad situation last year so im 100% willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I actually think this team will be a lot better than many people think. Yes, we've got concerns at centre and on defense but I think they will work themselves out.  And I think a lot of that starts with DD & his play/system. 

I would like for MB to make an announcement that he has complete faith in DD to make all his own decisions. It will put to rest the speculation that he's nothing but MB's yes man when it comes to controversial lineup choices. Merrill over Romanov had MB written all over it in the playoffs, among other questionable lineup choices.

48 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I would like for MB to make an announcement that he has complete faith in DD to make all his own decisions. It will put to rest the speculation that he's nothing but MB's yes man when it comes to controversial lineup choices. Merrill over Romanov had MB written all over it in the playoffs, among other questionable lineup choices.

Yeah, bergebin has control freak written all over him. All he has to do is make a suggestion,  and his coaches,  past & present,  will & have , toed the line. It will TAKE , bergebin making an announcement,  to alleviate any concerns,  as to who is actually running the show. If no endorsement,  we'll know it is bergebin's way or the highway.

2 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Yeah, bergebin has control freak written all over him. All he has to do is make a suggestion,  and his coaches,  past & present,  will & have , toed the line. It will TAKE , bergebin making an announcement,  to alleviate any concerns,  as to who is actually running the show. If no endorsement,  we'll know it is bergebin's way or the highway.

I still wouldn't believe him. 

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I like Douche and hope he is going to be a more forward thinking coach for us than CJ was we will soon find out as he is going to be under a ton of pressure!

Too bad he doesn't have any thoroughbreds to work with.

2 hours ago, electron58 said:

Too bad he doesn't have any thoroughbreds to work with.

? Suzuki CC Drouin Gally Dvorak Hoffman Petry Romanov Anderson are all really good hockey players we have a ton of depth guys after them and once Price gets back as well as Edmundson it makes for a solid team, sure we have a couple of spots that could use some improvement but all teams do! I will agree we don't have a guy like Ovie or McDavid or Matthews but I don't know if paying for them is worth it. 

3 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

I like Douche and hope he is going to be a more forward thinking coach for us than CJ was we will soon find out as he is going to be under a ton of pressure!

I like that he's going to Suzuki-Caufield as the backbone of his first line. I like that he's giving Romanov a shot to establish himself in the top 4. But I'm still worried he's following the Berge-think when it comes to his defence. Right now, he's got the Chiarot-Savard duo together that everyone said he needed to avoid. Almost all the media said they were shaking their heads trying to understand why you would pair your two slower, poor puck-movers together and then leave your more mobile but less reliable D men like Kulak, Wideman, or Niku together. It's bizarre. The old saying is that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. The team already lacks top-end talent. It can't afford to have weak depth or holes in the line-up that other teams can exploit.

14 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

? Suzuki CC Drouin Gally Dvorak Hoffman Petry Romanov Anderson are all really good hockey players we have a ton of depth guys after them and once Price gets back as well as Edmundson it makes for a solid team, sure we have a couple of spots that could use some improvement but all teams do! I will agree we don't have a guy like Ovie or McDavid or Matthews but I don't know if paying for them is worth it. 

On D.  Except for RoMANov & Petry, they're just horses. I'm not worried about the forwards.  When they're all healthy, we can stack up with any team.

5 hours ago, electron58 said:

On D.  Except for RoMANov & Petry, they're just horses. I'm not worried about the forwards.  When they're all healthy, we can stack up with any team.

Yeah we have issues on D not as many as some like to portray though, add one PMD and things look really good! this is a very possible thing to do we have the forward depth to make a move. Petry is the only true Dman we have with offensive upside right now Romanov would be ok for that role on a third pairing but I don't think he has enough to take that role on a second pairing. Ednundson Chiarot are solid defensive type players who can pair with PMD's add one and you could set up each pairing with a good puck mover and a more defensive minded partner. right now we are missing Webber Price Edmunsdon Hoffman Byron from the group so I expect we will get off to a rocky start so the doomsters will all be crying but once Price Eddy and Hoff are back we will be in better shape other than needing what we have needed for 5 years or so another PMD........

8 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yeah we have issues on D not as many as some like to portray though, add one PMD and things look really good! this is a very possible thing to do we have the forward depth to make a move. Petry is the only true Dman we have with offensive upside right now Romanov would be ok for that role on a third pairing but I don't think he has enough to take that role on a second pairing. Ednundson Chiarot are solid defensive type players who can pair with PMD's add one and you could set up each pairing with a good puck mover and a more defensive minded partner. right now we are missing Webber Price Edmunsdon Hoffman Byron from the group so I expect we will get off to a rocky start so the doomsters will all be crying but once Price Eddy and Hoff are back we will be in better shape other than needing what we have needed for 5 years or so another PMD........

Thaaaat's what I'm talking about. That one PMD would go a huge way to balancing our roster.