The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 State of the Habs

3 hours ago, claremont said:

As a fan but also as a realist, I remain optimistic that the Habs will make the playoffs. I have to believe that Ducharme and his communication style and systems will be better than the Julien experience. Turning Caufield and Romanov loose along with Drouin should be positives. There’s many ifs but I expect us to make it. 

I'm with you Claremont. :6280:

16 hours ago, maas_art said:

For sure. And i mean there's dozens of different vaccine manufacturers, so not all 2.5b of those are the same ones -  although there are only 4 basic "types": whole virus protein subunit viral vector and nucleic acid (rna and dna)

Even breaking them down, thats 10s - even hundreds - of millions of each type in arms of people for nearly a year.   Most clinical trials are done on thousands of patients, not hundreds of millions.  

I can understand vaccine hesitancy in the early months but now?   

Disinformation?  How big of a problem is it in Canada?  

18 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Wow what a bunch of dictatorship views there are above! Get the vaccine or be excluded from society, seriously Hitler types of statements. Everyone has a right to their own views and opinions but to say that the unvaccinated are ignorant, selfish or unintelligent is ridiculous antisemitism at its finest. Let's just throw the constitution out the window and pass all over it. 

You have a choice but that choice is not free from consequence.     It is NOT a view or opinion when that "view or opinion" is demonstrably wrong.   Science, medicine, statistics and facts all show vaccines (and the Covid vaccine) are safe and effective .. so by all means, choose not to get one but that choice will exclude you from society.    No different than choosing to smoke ... smoke outside if you want to smoke

1 minute ago, HabsAlways said:

You have a choice but that choice is not free from consequence.     It is NOT a view or opinion when that "view or opinion" is demonstrably wrong.   Science, medicine, statistics and facts all show vaccines (and the Covid vaccine) are safe and effective .. so by all means, choose not to get one but that choice will exclude you from society.    No different than choosing to smoke ... smoke outside if you want to smoke

And that's the last I'll say on it.   

19 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Wow what a bunch of dictatorship views there are above! Get the vaccine or be excluded from society, seriously Hitler types of statements. Everyone has a right to their own views and opinions but to say that the unvaccinated are ignorant, selfish or unintelligent is ridiculous antisemitism at its finest. Let's just throw the constitution out the window and pass all over it. 

I look at it like this..Sudd is sudd and if it drowns the hippos and crocs of humanity which it's possible to have with all the black blood around then it's sudd. On the other hand when it's not sudd don't be likening it to it and follow the rule of life's red blood. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-price-hoffman-byron-fail-physicals-training-camp/

Canadiens' Price, Hoffman, Byron fail physicals at training camp

The Montreal Canadiens announced Thursday that five players, including goaltender Carey Price (knee) and forwards Mike Hoffman (lower-body) and Paul Byron (hip) have failed their physicals due to injury, and will most likely be out for at least the remainder of training camp.

Defenceman Josh Brook and forward Joel Teasdale are also out with knee injuries.

Price underwent knee surgery in July, but was expected to be ready for the start of the 2021-22 NHL season when the Canadiens take on the Toronto Maple Leafs on Oct.  13.

Byron also underwent surgery in July on an injured hip, and was expected to be out for five months.

Hoffman, 31, signed with the Canadiens this off-season on a three-year, $13.5-million deal.

Defenceman Joel Edmundson is listed as day-to-day and forward Brendan Gallagher is absent due to family reasons and expected to report to camp "in the coming days."

Price underwent knee surgery in July, but was expected to be ready for the start of the 2021-22 NHL season when the Canadiens take on the Toronto Maple Leafs on Oct.  13.

Byron also underwent surgery in July on an injured hip, and was expected to be out for five months.

Hoffman, 31, signed with the Canadiens this off-season on a three-year, $13.5-million deal.

3 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

The government says vaccines are voluntary however you can't visit anyone in Hospital, go out for dinner, go to a movie or even go shopping for clothes or shoes. This to me is discrimination and no different then when African American people or women were not allowed to do the same types of things. Like I said, I am not anti-vax I am just saying we need to let people make their choices without treating them like societies outcasts. Why do we need to exclude them from society IF the vaccine really works? Since the vaccine greatly reduces the risk of contracting Covid why can't those unvaccinated be included in everyday life just like the rest of us? Why do we need to discriminate against them? Those who smoke have to go outside to do it but they are allowed back in once they finish smoking, those who drink are not allowed to drive but once their BAC reaches legal levels they are allowed back behind the wheel. They are not excluded from society because they chose to drink or smoke, they still have the same rights as everyone else but for whatever reason those who choose not to get vaccinated which is their right as well are being excluded and ridiculed and discriminated against. This is becoming a human rights issue not a medical issue anymore since the vaccine protects those who wish to be protected. Should we start excluding those who do not receive the flu shot from society as well? The flu shot only reduces the risk of contracting the flu same as the covid shot. We don't limit those who choose not to get the flu shot what right do we have to restrict those who choose not to get the covid shot?

7 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Soooooooooooooo, how about those HaBs?

PLAYOFFS : YES or NO 

I already said  "unfortunately " nope

I say yes, in fact I will say they finish top 3 in the Atlantic. There should be no shortage of goals from the Habs this year, our PP and PK should be greatly improved, Price is looking like Price of old lately and our D at least didn't take a major hit this offseason outside Weber who was not great during the regular season. 

7 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Disinformation?  How big of a problem is it in Canada?  

Its a huge problem everywhere - not because of the media so much but social media which allows anyone with a keyboard, a platform.  People make ridiculous claims and others will blindly follow along with little to no attempt to research the claims themselves. 

This of course leads to more and more of this misinformation spreading.  Right now however, the stat is that 8 Republicans are dying of Covid to every one Democrat so i guess it is what it is. 

The problem is that those who chose not to be vaccinated seem to think its akin to choosing not to wear your seat belt, which it is not.  Vaccines are NOT 100% effective. They slow the spread, the slow the impact but they are never 100%.    Both my kids had chicken pox vaccines, both got chicken pox. It is what it is.  With Covid, an 80 year old person who is double vaxxed means they are at the same risk as a 50 year old who is not vaccinated. 

So by choosing to not get vaccinated you are endangering those responsible seniors and immune compromised who did in fact do the right thing, while you did not. 

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Soooooooooooooo, how about those HaBs?

PLAYOFFS : YES or NO 

I already said  "unfortunately " nope

Yes.   We'll squeak in.    I think we might win a couple of rounds too.   Will Weber be back for the playoffs?  Possible. 

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

The government says vaccines are voluntary however you can't visit anyone in Hospital, go out for dinner, go to a movie or even go shopping for clothes or shoes. This to me is discrimination and no different then when African American people or women were not allowed to do the same types of things. Like I said, I am not anti-vax I am just saying we need to let people make their choices without treating them like societies outcasts. Why do we need to exclude them from society IF the vaccine really works? Since the vaccine greatly reduces the risk of contracting Covid why can't those unvaccinated be included in everyday life just like the rest of us? Why do we need to discriminate against them? Those who smoke have to go outside to do it but they are allowed back in once they finish smoking, those who drink are not allowed to drive but once their BAC reaches legal levels they are allowed back behind the wheel. They are not excluded from society because they chose to drink or smoke, they still have the same rights as everyone else but for whatever reason those who choose not to get vaccinated which is their right as well are being excluded and ridiculed and discriminated against. This is becoming a human rights issue not a medical issue anymore since the vaccine protects those who wish to be protected. Should we start excluding those who do not receive the flu shot from society as well? The flu shot only reduces the risk of contracting the flu same as the covid shot. We don't limit those who choose not to get the flu shot what right do we have to restrict those who choose not to get the covid shot?

Yeah, Covid is a worldwide pandemic that has filled hospitals around the world to the breaking point and this whole thing where people are complaining about their rights is getting pretty old for most of us. this is a medical issue calling it a human rights issue is laughable to me! people are constantly twisting the facts to suit the agenda they want to support, I am willing to bet most of them are not trained medical pros. I have heard so many crazy theories about what getting the shot can do to you that you would think everyone who got it would be dead by now or growing two heads, social media and Bad politicians who don't care who they hurt have ruined any chance we have to get this over with in short order. Anyways, what does this have to do with the state of the habs?

53 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yeah, Covid is a worldwide pandemic that has filled hospitals around the world to the breaking point and this whole thing where people are complaining about their rights is getting pretty old for most of us. this is a medical issue calling it a human rights issue is laughable to me! people are constantly twisting the facts to suit the agenda they want to support, I am willing to bet most of them are not trained medical pros. I have heard so many crazy theories about what getting the shot can do to you that you would think everyone who got it would be dead by now or growing two heads, social media and Bad politicians who don't care who they hurt have ruined any chance we have to get this over with in short order. Anyways, what does this have to do with the state of the habs?

I don't think I said anywhere that Covid was anything less or should be treated as anything less. I just disagree with the view of treating someone differently or discriminating against someone for excising their constitutional rights to not get vaccinated. Plain and simple as that. Again, I am not the one who started the debate and once again only responded to someone who quoted me. You keep telling me that it has nothing to do with hockey yet do not say anything to the ones who actually started the debate or keep quoting my responses to illicit another response. 

25 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I don't think I said anywhere that Covid was anything less or should be treated as anything less. I just disagree with the view of treating someone differently or discriminating against someone for excising their constitutional rights to not get vaccinated. Plain and simple as that. Again, I am not the one who started the debate and once again only responded to someone who quoted me. You keep telling me that it has nothing to do with hockey yet do not say anything to the ones who actually started the debate or keep quoting my responses to illicit another response. 

OK Whatever! 

19 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Soooooooooooo how about those Habs ?🤣😂😅

:4224:

The problem is that people keep quoting each other so it goes on and on.  Also the fact that you had hold outs (like Ylonen) and on other teams, is keeping it in everyone's mind.

I think everyone has said their piece now, so its maybe time to stop with the non-habs related discussion in this thread. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

:4224:

The problem is that people keep quoting each other so it goes on and on.  Also the fact that you had hold outs (like Ylonen) and on other teams, is keeping it in everyone's mind.

I think everyone has said their piece now, so its maybe time to stop with the non-habs related discussion in this thread. 

Oh sure, cut everyone else out of the conversation. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A DEMOCRACY, DAMMIT!!!. WHEN DID PUTIN TAKEOVER?

GO HABS GO!!!  :)

7 hours ago, arpem-can said:

I'm quietly optimistic of the same ...too bad Hoffman won't be playing right away....

I wonder if or when, Ylonen has a great camp, if he will take Hoffman's place to start the season. That would be a piece of good news.    👍 

7 hours ago, electron58 said:

I wonder if or when, Ylonen has a great camp, if he will take Hoffman's place to start the season. That would be a piece of good news.    👍 

Possible, but I would be inclined to believe that this opens a spot for Poehling to make the roster as a spare winger or Centre. Things will be crowded when Paul Byron returns if everyone was magically healthy. Reality says this is hockey - you will get injured so it’s just a question of when. 

7 hours ago, electron58 said:

I’ll correct my previous quote - unlikely as Ylonen isn’t assigned to Team Red or White or did I miss an update following his vax?