The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 State of the Habs

38 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I would be surprised if we beat the 'Canes in the next game. Despite Kotkaniemi's demotion to the fourth line... I sort of seeing him having a multi-point night in Montreal. :lol: And of course Aho will show us why we tried to offer sheet him away from Carolina a few years ago.

I still feel like we're due for a win. I think that last night we might have been on our way & then bam, 2 quick goals (one of them fluky) and the guys just shut down. 

This team may not be good enough to contend for a cup, or even a playoff spot but it sure as heck should be good enough to win some games.  An early goal would go a long way... 

Wow! This is a terrible start for sure! I realize that last year was a Cinderella story but man the glass slippers have been stolen!

There is nothing positive about this team at this time. The breakout plays are brutal due to terrible passing and major turnovers. There is no action in the dirty areas and no one is making that big charge to the net like we saw from Caufield last year? The defence pairings are not compatible and the Savard that I saw play for the Lightning last year is no where on the ice? The dicipline is rediculous and being created by feet stuck to the ice. I really feel sorry for Allen. The guy plays his heart out like last year with no support from his team mates. If there is a bright spot on this team right now it has to be Allen. Not sure who is responsible for special teams but I think Mrs. Bibaud could do a much better job. Hopefully the current special teams coach knows how to play the organ. We as fans cannot do anything about what is taking place on the ice but the players and coaches can. The responsibility of who is on the ice goes to MB and we all have very little faith in this guy. The buck stops at the coaching level when it comes time to apply the talent in the room to the ice surface and right now they are lost!  This is a disaster!:(

I really do not want to pound this drum this early in the season but last year I said over and over that DD was in way over his head and I really had no faith in his coaching abilities. I was disappointed when MB signed him but that is typical MB.There is a nucleus of good talent in the room but I feel he does not have the ability to bring that talent to the ice.  Even his postgame interviews are brutal. His responses make no sense and at times he does not even respond to the question that was asked!

Well we welcome KK back to the forum tomorrow night and although he does not have a point in two games he will do his best to start his season rolling against his old team mates I am sure.

Hopefully this dismal start is over and there is a direction change tomorrow although I have my doubts. :(

I had a team was a big hockey franchise
Back in Montreal
They could rocket a puck by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Saw them the other night at this do or die game
I was filing in they were striking out
It goes back to '94 so I was jonesing for a drink
But all they keep talking about is
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of an official's eye
Glory days, glory days

8 hours ago, electron58 said:

Read this somewhere. 

The Canadiens have traded defenceman Ben Chiarot to the Ducks in exchange for future considerations.

8 hrs later, assuming this was bogus. 

As much as we complain about him, he's worth a heck of a lot more than futures.  He'd be in the top 4 on many teams, top 6 on pretty much all.  Top 2 on some (cough cough). He was a key cog in the "big 4" last post season. My guess, he could fetch you at least a roster player. Maybe a pick as well depending upon quality

The problem isnt so much Chiarot, its that we have 3 or 4 guys just like him.  

9 minutes ago, maas_art said:

8 hrs later, assuming this was bogus. 

As much as we complain about him, he's worth a heck of a lot more than futures.  He'd be in the top 4 on many teams, top 6 on pretty much all.  Top 2 on some (cough cough). He was a key cog in the "big 4" last post season. My guess, he could fetch you at least a roster player. Maybe a pick as well depending upon quality

The problem isnt so much Chiarot, its that we have 3 or 4 guys just like him.  

Yeah he's not the puck mover we want but Chiarot still has value and is a solid second pairing guy. I only see us trading him at the deadline if the season is going poorly

12 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

I don't see it on any of the major sites - where did you read it?

That's just it. I read it, then lost it, then couldn't find it again. Thought maybe someone else might.  Unless I dreamt it?  sorry. should've copied the link.

8 minutes ago, electron58 said:

That's just it. I read it, then lost it, then couldn't find it again. Thought maybe someone else might.  Unless I dreamt it?  sorry. should've copied the link.

I did read something where a journalist was suggesting we trade Chiarot before the trade deadline,, because he figured his value was as high as it was going to get after being pared with Weber in the playoffs. 

Montreal Canadiens: Earlier the Habs Trade Ben Chiarot the Better (thehockeywriters.com)

So not really worried about things, we crunched a lot of hope and dreams of other teams last year.

But before that,I asked Brad Marchant to come play with the Habs, and promised him the Stanley Cup.

If he came aboard there's a better chance we would have had it..I always think about the little guy.

The heart n soul of the Habs,,,.Gallager. He certainly has chemistry with Marchant, and it would be nice to see

some action..Iam sure there's someone else well need as well,but i think Brad is a winner ..He puts things together

and he scores goals.

10 hours ago, richard464 said:

I really do not want to pound this drum this early in the season but last year I said over and over that DD was in way over his head and I really had no faith in his coaching abilities. I was disappointed when MB signed him but that is typical MB.

I'm thinking MB kept him because he's easily manipulated.

I had a team was a big hockey franchise
Back in Montreal
They could blast a puck by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Watched them the other night playing this do or die game
I was tuning in they were striking out
It goes back to '94 so I was jonesing for a drink
But all they keep talking about is
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of an official's eye
Glory days, glory days

5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I did read something where a journalist was suggesting we trade Chiarot before the trade deadline,, because he figured his value was as high as it was going to get after being pared with Weber in the playoffs. 

Montreal Canadiens: Earlier the Habs Trade Ben Chiarot the Better (thehockeywriters.com)

No.  That wasn't it.  It made it sound like it was a done deal.  Curious.

3 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Anyone else ready to hit the panic button yet? Some were saying we shouldn't panic until around the 10th game, we'll we are halfway there and still have 0 points!

I'm already past panic and thinking about the #1 pick. It's going to be a long and sad season, just accept it