The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 State of the Habs

4 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

And Dvorak, Perreault had 2 pts between them through our first 5 games ... in which we went 0-5.  

They are part of the team, not the whole team :). I am sure we would be 6 wins and no losses if Danualt and Kotkaniemi were here :) ...NOT.

17 minutes ago, caperns61 said:

They are part of the team, not the whole team :). I am sure we would be 6 wins and no losses if Danualt and Kotkaniemi were here :) ...NOT.

I am glad to see Perrault stepped up and took hold of the 3C spot but I will wait until the end of the season before passing judgement on any of the players gained or lost over the summer.

4 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

And Dvorak, Perreault had 2 pts between them through our first 5 games ... in which we went 0-5.  

Also relax i am just poking fun.

I never ever really thought much of Danualt though , I think Dvaorak is a much better player 3 years younger and less cap hit

Kotkaniemi, I always liked, He may very well become a really good player in the leauge. After the 3 season here though he was not worth the 6.1 million.

I really thought Poehling was going to have a good year for us. I thought he was going to slot into the third spot nicely. And ease the loss of KK, i think managment felt that as well. Unfortuneatly that was not the case, not yet anyway. 

Danualt i could not care about the loss. KK yes I would still like to have him. But again not at  6.1 million. 

And just because Perreault had a hat trick. It may be all he gets this year. LOL. 

I hope not though, if he can give us third line minutes, 10 to 15 goals 25 to 30 points i would be happy with that :)

1 minute ago, campabee82 said:

I am glad to see Perrault stepped up and took hold of the 3C spot but I will wait until the end of the season before passing judgement on any of the players gained or lost over the summer.

I agree 100%. He may not score the rest of the season LOL...But if he can give you 25 to 30 points, 10 to 15 goals  third line minutes I am ok with that. Anything more woudl be a bonus for a guy not even making 1 million.

3 minutes ago, caperns61 said:

And just because Perreault had a hat trick. It may be all he gets this year. LOL. 

Well hes already got 1/3 of last year's total and just about 1/2 of the yr before 

PS when is the pic of Tatar ( on the left ) goign to be replaced 

Hopefully the team finally got the monkey off their back. It's Detroit and 1 game and all that, but hopefully a solid win like that with multiple players picking up their first points will help everyone get their heads on straight.

Drouin says Weber to retire, IF true this is huge news and a major issue for the Preds. I would assume that Weber will stay on LTIR for at least this season after that I am not sure the league will allow it. I would hate to see a team be forced into a rebuild and have to sell off assets but they did do this to themselves.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/10/report-shea-weber-retiring-from-nhl.html

11 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Drouin says Weber to retire, IF true this is huge news and a major issue for the Preds. I would assume that Weber will stay on LTIR for at least this season after that I am not sure the league will allow it. I would hate to see a team be forced into a rebuild and have to sell off assets but they did do this to themselves.

I just read that! wow wonder how the team feels about a player just saying that out loud or Webber for that matter?

14 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I just read that! wow wonder how the team feels about a player just saying that out loud or Webber for that matter?

yeah i would imagine the team is not happy... although on the flip side, the penalty to us is minimal but the penalty to the preds is substantial... maybe they dont mind if someone lets it slip :) 

Just sucks that its a reality for Weber.  Glad he got to play 1000 games but he still had more to give.  During his prime he was an absolute beast, maybe the best of that type since Pronger.  Should have won at least 1 Norris in there. 

4 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Several legit news sources posting the same thing. What Drouin apparently said was that no one has formally announced anything but that the entire team knows he's essentially retired and never coming back again. He added that Weber has been doing scouting for the team and starting to move into more of a front-office role (which fits with Bergevin saying the team had other plans for him down the line).

From the Habs' perspective it makes sense to leave him on LTIR. Even though the cap hit is minimal against us, it goes down if we wait til after this season to have him officially retire and we have no penalty at all if we wait two years. If he retires any time before the end of his contract though, Nashville will be on the hook for that 24M over about 4 seasons.

18 minutes ago, habsisme said:

yeah there's no way Shea retires now. He's obviously going to prefer to keep getting those checks, so Nashville has nothing to worry about. Molson losing money though

In the last few years of his deal he'll only be making 1 million a year as i recall,, money wise. If he retires, it opens up the possibility of staying in hockey in some other form (management, coaching or scouting) for not only the Habs but other organizations.

Just now, H_T_L said:

In the last few years of his deal he'll only be making 1 million a year as i recall,, money wise. If he retires, it opens up the possibility of staying in hockey in some other form (management, coaching or scouting) for not only the Habs but other organizations.

you can still do that. At WORST, you just don't get paid any extra money for it. I remember Pronger was doing stuff for different teams while he was on IR. 

5 hours ago, campabee82 said:

On July 5, 2013, Horton signed a seven-year free agent contract worth $37.1 million with the Columbus Blue Jackets.[90] However, off-season shoulder surgery would sideline Horton until January 2, 2014, when he finally made his Blue Jackets debut and scored the game-winning goal in a 2–0 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes.

In October 2014, Horton was diagnosed with a degenerative back injury of the lumbar region that ended his 2014–15 season and threatened to end his career

On February 26, 2015, with Horton on the long-term injured list and with no sign of return, he was traded due to financial considerations by the Blue Jackets to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for David Clarkson. The trade allowed the Maple Leafs to get rid of Clarkson's unfavorable contract, while Horton's presence on the long term injury list meant Toronto would not need to count his contract towards the salary cap.[94] Horton has yet to play a single game for the Leafs and is not expected to play one; he has taken his physical before each season with the Leafs and failed it each time.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:45 PM, Graeme-1 said:

Hopefully the team finally got the monkey off their back. It's Detroit and 1 game and all that, but hopefully a solid win like that with multiple players picking up their first points will help everyone get their heads on straight.

Uhhh nevermind

2 hours ago, habsisme said:

yeah there's no way Shea retires now. He's obviously going to prefer to keep getting those checks, so Nashville has nothing to worry about. Molson losing money though

Ya I think people are reading "retirement" literally, I don't think he means Shea will sign his retirement papers (which would be silly), just that they all know he's never playing another game. Honestly, not all that different than what Bergevin has said, apart from some slip hope Bergevin left open I guess.