Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 NHL News and Scores


Recommended Posts

On 10/17/2021 at 10:40 AM, electron58 said:

Las Vegas winger, Max Pacioretty will be out approximately 6 weeks.

The Vegas Golden Knights have opened up a little bit of cap flexibility, but it comes at the cost of a top forward. According to CapFriendly, Max Pacioretty has been moved to long-term injured reserve after originally being placed on normal injured reserve after suffering a lower-body fracture earlier this month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Chicago Blackhawks are holding a virtual media briefing at 2pm et/1pm ct to discuss the findings of the independent investigation into allegations that a then-assistant coach sexually assaulted two players in 2010.

Blackhawks owner and chairman Rocky Wirtz and Blackhawks CEO Danny Wirtz will be hosting the availability, as well as former federal prosecutor Reid Schar, who led the investigation with law firm Jenner & Block LLP.

The Blackhawks launched the investigation in August, pledging to release the findings of the investigation.

Two lawsuits were filed against the team earlier this year. The first alleges sexual assault by then-video coach Brad Aldrich during the team’s run to the 2010 Stanley Cup championship and the second was filed by a former student whom Aldrich was later convicted of assaulting in Michigan.

According to TSN Senior Correspondent Rick Westhead, two Blackhawks players told then-skills coach Paul Vincent in May 2010 of inappropriate behavior by Aldrich. Vincent said he asked mental skills coach James Gary to follow up with the players and management.

Vincent was called into a meeting with then-team President John McDonough, general manager Stan Bowman, hockey executive Al MacIsaac and Gary the next day. He said he asked the team to report the allegations to Chicago police and the request was denied.

None of the allegations have been proven in court.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bowman steps down  ( I don't mean to start a political post but I probably am by saying this , so do not respond  to this  BUT how coming it's taking so long to nail the ex POTUS  ( IMO a very corrupt person ) when guys like Andrew Cuomo and now this happen so quickly )

https://www.tsn.ca/chicago-blackhawks-stan-bowman-steps-down-1.1711931

Stan Bowman’s time with the Chicago Blackhawks is over.

The team announced their general manager and president had stepped down on Tuesday in the wake of an independent investigation into allegations that a then-assistant coach sexually assaulted two players in 2010.

The report, called "disturbing and difficult to read" by CEO Danny Wirtz, has been handed over to the NHL.

Kyle Davidson will serve as interim GM.

Wirtz also announced that no member of the team's senior management in 2010 will be with the organization any longer

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Bowman steps down  ( I don't mean to start a political post but I probably am by saying this , so do not respond  to this  BUT how coming it's taking so long to nail the ex POTUS  ( IMO a very corrupt person ) when guys like Andrew Cuomo and now this happen so quickly 

This is the $64,000 question.   Over and over #45 dodged that bullet while a number of other celebrities have effectively been "cancelled" for often only 1 or 2 incidents years ago.
Im not condoning or trying to downplay any of it but i just cant wrap my head around how the past potus basically can get away with anything.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Bowman steps down  ( I don't mean to start a political post but I probably am by saying this , so do not respond  to this  BUT how coming it's taking so long to nail the ex POTUS  ( IMO a very corrupt person ) when guys like Andrew Cuomo and now this happen so quickly )

https://www.tsn.ca/chicago-blackhawks-stan-bowman-steps-down-1.1711931

Stan Bowman’s time with the Chicago Blackhawks is over.

The team announced their general manager and president had stepped down on Tuesday in the wake of an independent investigation into allegations that a then-assistant coach sexually assaulted two players in 2010.

The report, called "disturbing and difficult to read" by CEO Danny Wirtz, has been handed over to the NHL.

Kyle Davidson will serve as interim GM.Wirtz also announced that no member of the team's senior management in 2010 will be with the organization any longer

That's a massive fine and cover-up - The investigation has given Cheveldayoff and Quennville to interim pass following future discussions. Our own Bergevin was in the org. at this time as director player personnel. While not named or found to have any input in minutes of meetings involving the video coach supposedly abusing younger players, one has to wonder if he knew about it, before the Hawks mgmt. team gave the video coach the option of resigning (cover-up), or being subject to their internal investigation at the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, claremont said:

That's a massive fine and cover-up - 

You can read the details of the internal investigation on line - I've never been in the position of a young player trying  to make it in the NHL  but reading what allegedly happened I don't understand why said player didn't immediately  call his agent with the allegations right away .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, claremont said:

That's a massive fine and cover-up - The investigation has given Cheveldayoff and Quennville to interim pass following future discussions. Our own Bergevin was in the org. at this time as director player personnel. While not named or found to have any input in minutes of meetings involving the video coach supposedly abusing younger players, one has to wonder if he knew about it, before the Hawks mgmt. team gave the video coach the option of resigning (cover-up), or being subject to their internal investigation at the time. 

The fine is just a slap on the wrist, I had hoped for criminal charges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

You can read the details of the internal investigation on line - I've never been in the position of a young player trying  to make it in the NHL  but reading what allegedly happened I don't understand why said player didn't immediately  call his agent with the allegations right away .

Fear of being outed? He said, I said consent issue? Video coach was in an advisory capacity of power vs a youngster desperate to fit in and make it to the nhl show? If he complains with no proof, the player is basically cut with no future chance - it’s still a tight old boys network back then in the 2010 era. 
I personally know of a talented player at an nhl camp in the early 80’s who would not participate in a stripper event for religious reasons - he was a very shocking early cut! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, claremont said:

Fear of being outed? He said, I said consent issue? Video coach was in an advisory capacity of power vs a youngster desperate to fit in and make it to the nhl show? If he complains with no proof, the player is basically cut with no future chance - it’s still a tight old boys network back then in the 2010 era. 

Go to your agent , go to the police . Go to your parents . Go to the media .  The video coach went on to to do the same thing to  university players and was this time convicted . As for the player not sure if he’s still in the nhl . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

You can read the details of the internal investigation on line - I've never been in the position of a young player trying  to make it in the NHL  but reading what allegedly happened I don't understand why said player didn't immediately  call his agent with the allegations right away .

 

1 hour ago, claremont said:

Fear of being outed? He said, I said consent issue? Video coach was in an advisory capacity of power vs a youngster desperate to fit in and make it to the nhl show? If he complains with no proof, the player is basically cut with no future chance - it’s still a tight old boys network back then in the 2010 era. 
I personally know of a talented player at an nhl camp in the early 80’s who would not participate in a stripper event for religious reasons - he was a very shocking early cut! 

They're in a vulnerable position.

Its easy for us to think/say "hey why didnt they______" but i can tell you as someone who has had some 'big breaks' you find yourself in a position where you just dont want to rock the boat. Thankfully ive never been in a situation where someone tried to take advantage of me but I can see how someone might not speak out at that moment.   Terry Crews is a huge, scary guy but he say he was put in a situation like this & did nothing -out of fear. Not physical fear, but fear of repercussion, fear of losing that "chance."  In the NHL there are a ton of 4th liners who make $700-800k a  year that could just as easily be career ahlers making $80k a year.  And we know that those are valid fears too.  Actresses like Ashley Judd got blacklisted for not allowing directors to take advantage of them.  Im sure its happened in the NHL too. 

There's also the stigma (for males in this position) of being thought gay (which there shouldn't be but we all know how society is) so guys just dont come forward.  It happens enough that you have to believe there's a reason why.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, maas_art said:

 

They're in a vulnerable position.

Its easy for us to think/say "hey why didnt they______" but i can tell you as someone who has had some 'big breaks' you find yourself in a position where you just dont want to rock the boat. Thankfully ive never been in a situation where someone tried to take advantage of me but I can see how someone might not speak out at that moment.   Terry Crews is a huge, scary guy but he say he was put in a situation like this & did nothing -out of fear. Not physical fear, but fear of repercussion, fear of losing that "chance."  In the NHL there are a ton of 4th liners who make $700-800k a  year that could just as easily be career ahlers making $80k a year.  And we know that those are valid fears too.  Actresses like Ashley Judd got blacklisted for not allowing directors to take advantage of them.  Im sure its happened in the NHL too. 

There's also the stigma (for males in this position) of being thought gay (which there shouldn't be but we all know how society is) so guys just dont come forward.  It happens enough that you have to believe there's a reason why.  

 

^ This - Very well articulated 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Bowman steps down  ( I don't mean to start a political post but I probably am by saying this , so do not respond  to this  BUT how coming it's taking so long to nail the ex POTUS  ( IMO a very corrupt person ) when guys like Andrew Cuomo and now this happen so quickly )

https://www.tsn.ca/chicago-blackhawks-stan-bowman-steps-down-1.1711931

Stan Bowman’s time with the Chicago Blackhawks is over.

The team announced their general manager and president had stepped down on Tuesday in the wake of an independent investigation into allegations that a then-assistant coach sexually assaulted two players in 2010.

The report, called "disturbing and difficult to read" by CEO Danny Wirtz, has been handed over to the NHL.

Kyle Davidson will serve as interim GM.

Wirtz also announced that no member of the team's senior management in 2010 will be with the organization any longer

 

Wow!  We're going to find out, just how far reaching,  these ramifications are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quenville  the head coach in Florida knew about the rumours but appears he didn’t want to disrupt the team during the Stanley Cup playoffs . John gruden the Oakland raiders football coached stepped down ; will Quenville  do the same .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 1:18 AM, electron58 said:

Any conversation about Travis Hamonic is juggling grenades at this point, but news is news. Hamonic and the Vancouver Canucks have mutually agreed that he will take a leave of absence as of October 18th.

Image

Canucks general manager Jim Benning announced on Tuesday that defenseman Travis Hamonic has reported to Vancouver. 
Hamonic did not report to the Canucks in September and was placed on leave as he worked through a personal matter.  The 31-year-old will join Vancouver's AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks, in the coming days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NHL.com.  Arizona goaltender will miss 2 - 4 weeks and defenseman Conor Timmins will miss 8 - 12 weeks with lower body injuries.  Ryan Dzingel was also injured and there is no word yet.  Coyotes have recalled goaltender Ivan Prosvetov, forward Barrett Hayton, and defenseman Cam Dineen from Tucson of the AHL.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Columbus Blue Jackets have moved Dean Kukan to injured reserve after he suffered a wrist fracture in Monday night’s game against the Dallas Stars. Kukan is expected to miss eight weeks with the injury. In his place, the team has recalled Gavin Bayreuther from the AHL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...