The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 NHL News and Scores

1 hour ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Colorado has signed defenseman Cale Makar to a six year $54 million contract.  

Heiskanen, Jones, Makar have really set the bar for Dougie Hamilton - he’s going to be a very expensive UFA- interesting proposition for MB on a big splash - take a crack at trading for Eichel vs going for Dougie Hamilton 

On 7/22/2021 at 11:38 PM, maas_art said:

So after another historic choke-job by the leafs in the first round this year, their fans have this to look forward to at the draft:

picks #57, 153 and 185.

Thats it.

That is their entire draft.  :4224:

Meanwhile, we have 11.   5 of them are in the top 100.  I assume we might trade a couple but i think it safe to say we have a much better chance of draft an NHL player (or three) vs the leafs. 

to further that ..Toronto has only 3 picks next year too ( albeit somewhat better.. unless ,of course, traded ) ... remember when Burke used to throw out the " cupboards are full " line for the Leaf fans to brag to us about ?...I don't hear that phrase anymore ....the Marlies finished 16-17- 0-2 ( GF 111 GA 119 ) , Laval was 23-9-3-1 ( Gf 111 GA 87 ....now arguably their top 5 forward Hyman is gone because of the $40 + mill to 4 players already on the books with term  ...they have less than 10 Mill to sign a bunch of cheap guys to play with Spezza , Simmonds and Kerplunk  and have no decent back-up for Campbell... Reilly's contract is up next year and will probably do the Zack dance for money Toronto can't afford ... Toronto is in deep doodoo in the Atlantic Division already and even more  if the cap stays flat ...I'm hoping Mr. analytics Dubas doesn't get fired  for putting Toronto fans ice-level on skid row ...refreshments anyone ? 

On 7/24/2021 at 6:21 PM, claremont said:

Heiskanen, Jones, Makar have really set the bar for Dougie Hamilton - he’s going to be a very expensive UFA- interesting proposition for MB on a big splash - take a crack at trading for Eichel vs going for Dougie Hamilton 

my thoughts as well ...although Hamilton would be a great piece he's going to want term and around 8 million per ...I'd rather see an Eichel but it will cost us at least KK , maybe a Lehtonen , picks and a high-end prospect  ...I'd do that deal .....Bergevin has been talking to Buffalo but then again a lot of teams want this kid ....I would have loved Jones but the price was through the roof ...plan B

31 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

my thoughts as well ...although Hamilton would be a great piece he's going to want term and around 8 million per ...I'd rather see an Eichel but it will cost us at least KK , maybe a Lehtonen , picks and a high-end prospect  ...I'd do that deal .....Bergevin has been talking to Buffalo but then again a lot of teams want this kid ....I would have loved Jones but the price was through the roof ...plan B

He'll go to the highest bidder that Buff gets.

56 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

The thing is,  that having a stud defenceman at 8mil. Will make our forwards better,  and we still have  $ to grab a scoring winger and the chemistry stays relatively the same. We keep our cost controlled assets. Plus, Hamilton addresses a huge need.  I hope we get Hamilton.  

19 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Tampa Bay has traded forward Tyler Johnson and a second round pick in 2023 to Chicago for Brent Seabrook.  

Making room for C Perry 😉

Kane’s wife said he took off on vacation to Europe, meanwhile the bank is taking the house , he has money to party every night and go on vacation , eat in fancy restaurants  but doesn’t come home to see his 1 yr old daughter who keeps asking for him or help her pack . 

. She is forced to sell wedding ring . Meanwhile she is pregnant with their son

On 7/31/2021 at 6:41 PM, BigTed3 said:

Evander Kane's estranged wife has accused him of betting on NHL games, including those he was playing in. NHL has announced they will investigate this.

Didn't the league know something might be up when his bankruptcy became news?  Why did it take them this long?  The players knew something wasn't right.  

1 hour ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Didn't the league know something might be up when his bankruptcy became news?  Why did it take them this long?  The players knew something wasn't right.  

A lot of sports players and entertainers go bankrupt all the time. Having a lot of money doesn't mean you know how to manage your money. Lottery winners go bankrupt quite often.