The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 NHL News and Scores

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment  venues to require proof of vaccination or negative test in September

Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment has announced that starting in mid-September, any employees, event staff or guests entering a venue owned by the organization will need to show proof they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or that they had tested negative for the novel coronavirus.

These buildings include Scotiabank Arena -- home of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Raptors -- as well as BMO Field -- home of Toronto FC and the Toronto Argonauts -- and the Real Sports restaurant and store in downtown Toronto, among others.

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment  venues to require proof of vaccination or negative test in September

Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment has announced that starting in mid-September, any employees, event staff or guests entering a venue owned by the organization will need to show proof they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or that they had tested negative for the novel coronavirus.

These buildings include Scotiabank Arena -- home of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Raptors -- as well as BMO Field -- home of Toronto FC and the Toronto Argonauts -- and the Real Sports restaurant and store in downtown Toronto, among others.

The vaccine proof i get but the 'negative test" is a bit odd.   A test that day? that week? I wonder how that works...

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

The vaccine proof i get but the 'negative test" is a bit odd.   A test that day? that week? I wonder how that works...

Probably the same as crossing the border by land,,,, within 72 hours.

32 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Glendale ends arena deal with Coyotes beyond 2021-22 season

Does this mean the Coyotes will be moving to a new city? Sounds like it does.

They might find a home elsewhere in Arizona (they were called the "phoenix coyotes" before they moved of course) or maybe they move elsewhere. I hear Quebec City would like a team :)

35 minutes ago, maas_art said:

They might find a home elsewhere in Arizona (they were called the "phoenix coyotes" before they moved of course) or maybe they move elsewhere. I hear Quebec City would like a team :)

No they will never leave until Bettman is gone! he seems to be really pigheaded about them staying there! LOL!

13 hours ago, maas_art said:

Apparently there is another stadium in Arizona that they could use called the Footprint Center. Or... That's what it used to be called (maybe it still is). But yeah, it was their original home when they first moved to Arizona. I believe the basketball team uses it now.

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

More trouble for evsnder Kane . He offerred a lady $2 million to have an abortion . She had the abortion and he refused to pay . 

This guy needs help 

Shovel meet hole.

8 hours ago, Regis22 said:

More trouble for evsnder Kane . He offerred a lady $2 million to have an abortion . She had the abortion and he refused to pay . 

This guy needs help 

Yeah help......I think that time has past! he needs to get his ass kicked I am sure it is coming soon! you can't run around doing the stuff he does before the walls close in and you crash and burn!

Philadelphia Flyers - Chuck Fletcher continued to funnel in experience this offseason by signing Derick Brassard on Wednesday to a one-year, $825,000 contract. Brassard, a forward,  turns 34 years old in September, has played 905 career games and 117 in the playoffs. I think this puts the Flyers close to a million over the cap. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-september-2-2021/

Teams Interested in P.K. Subban?

Per Jimmy Murphy, there are multiple teams interested in defenseman P.K. Subban. It’s not clear which teams are calling or kicking tires or if the New Jersey Devils will be looking at retaining salary in any deal. Subban has one year left on his current deal that pays $9 million. It’s hard to imagine a team taking that contract straight up considering the defenseman’s drop in production over the past couple of seasons.

2 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-september-2-2021/

Teams Interested in P.K. Subban?

Per Jimmy Murphy, there are multiple teams interested in defenseman P.K. Subban. It’s not clear which teams are calling or kicking tires or if the New Jersey Devils will be looking at retaining salary in any deal. Subban has one year left on his current deal that pays $9 million. It’s hard to imagine a team taking that contract straight up considering the defenseman’s drop in production over the past couple of seasons.

Id take him back if they retained even $3m    Play him behind Petry & I think he'd do fine.  

But I dont think MB would swallow his pride and bring him back. I mean i dont think it would have to be a difficult thing: MB has always acknowledged PK was good and it took a quality asset to acquire Weber. 

I dont know if Gallagher would love it. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Id take him back if they retained even $3m    Play him behind Petry & I think he'd do fine.  

But I dont think MB would swallow his pride and bring him back. I mean i dont think it would have to be a difficult thing: MB has always acknowledged PK was good and it took a quality asset to acquire Weber. 

I dont know if Gallagher would love it. 

I'd take him back for that, for sure, but like you said,  bergebin takes things personal, and that's why he SHOULDN'T  be the GM. Also, if Gallagher doesn't like it, you can always see what he's worth. Just sayin.........