Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 NHL News and Scores


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

look at his AHL stats, looks like a player who is on the cusp of breaking into the NHL if given a regular spot. Too good for the AHL and too far down the depth chart for Winnipeg's D chart. Since it is just a PTO why not see what he can do with our Defensive D men.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176929

I agree, he is worth a look you never know he may thrive in a new team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Id definitely offer Niku a PTO to see what he could do.  I wouldnt be surprised if a different team offered him a contact TBH.  He's a great skater and good passer.  He's small thoug (well, skinny, i think he's over 6' but really easily knocked off the puck). Not sure MB & co would go for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Regis22 said:

The Canadiens announced that they have offered a professional tryout to veteran defenseman Cody Goloubef who will join the team in the coming days.

 

4 hours ago, habs1952 said:

31 years old with 130 NHL games under his belt. What barrel did Bergevin scrape this guy from?

Goloubef is a defenseman with good hockey sense and skating ability. He has a hard shot and plays a well-rounded game. Likes to hit and be aggressive.
- Erik K. Piri, EP (2015)

Except for Colorado,  played on some bad teams. Maybe too high in the lineup? Teams always pick up extra players for scrimmages and stuff. Depth signing at best. Will come in at min. if signed. Also a righty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

look at his AHL stats, looks like a player who is on the cusp of breaking into the NHL if given a regular spot. Too good for the AHL and too far down the depth chart for Winnipeg's D chart. Since it is just a PTO why not see what he can do with our Defensive D men.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176929

For sure!  Intriguing.  Couldn't Winnipeg trade him for something?!?

SCOUTING REPORT
Has outstanding puck skills, and is reliable in his own end of the ice. Makes smart, safe decisions and displays a sound hockey IQ. Skates very well and makes a good first pass. Owns a strong lower body and is solid on his skates. Is somewhat limited, both in terms of ideal size for the National Hockey League and high-end offensive upside. Must prove he can withstand the rigors of the North American professional ranks in order to maximize output.

Long Range Potential: Smart, poised puck-moving defenseman with upside.

Problem is, we have too many LD.  Pretty sure, there will be more gems coming up, as Teams finalize their rosters. Maybe bring him in, and if he impresses,  trade BC.  Could just use a fresh start under a new system?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, electron58 said:

For sure!  Intriguing.  Couldn't Winnipeg trade him for something?!?

SCOUTING REPORT
Has outstanding puck skills, and is reliable in his own end of the ice. Makes smart, safe decisions and displays a sound hockey IQ. Skates very well and makes a good first pass. Owns a strong lower body and is solid on his skates. Is somewhat limited, both in terms of ideal size for the National Hockey League and high-end offensive upside. Must prove he can withstand the rigors of the North American professional ranks in order to maximize output.

Long Range Potential: Smart, poised puck-moving defenseman with upside.

Problem is, we have too many LD.  Pretty sure, there will be more gems coming up, as Teams finalize their rosters. Maybe bring him in, and if he impresses,  trade BC.  Could just use a fresh start under a new system?

From what I understand Niku wanted to control where he goes and the Jets agreed to let him. Niku shoots left but plays RD as a preference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, campabee82 said:

From what I understand Niku wanted to control where he goes and the Jets agreed to let him. Niku shoots left but plays RD as a preference.

Definitely worth a look. Give Norlinder another year in Sweden. If you're going to put a LD on the right side, may as well be a player, SN, that has some familiarity in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rinaldo Not Welcome to Blue Jackets’ Camp

Aaron Portzline of The Athletic is noting that a source close to Zac Rinaldo tells The Athletic that the Columbus Blue Jackets made it clear to Rinaldo he wasn’t welcome at training camp. Everyone is awaiting an explanation from the club. It’s not clear if this is at all related to Ronaldo’s appearance in Canada at a PPC rally where he was making comments about vaccinations. He said: “I’m not anti-vax, I’m not anti-mask. I’m pro-choice.”

Portzline adds “Explanation forthcoming from club in a few minutes when GM Jarmo Kekalainen and hockey operations staff address media.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Red Wings Sign Bobby Ryan to PTO

The Red Wings will give Bobby Ryan another look this season as the veteran forward has signed PTO. Part of the reason the Red Wings might not have signed him this offseason was that Ryan was limited to 33 games because of an injury. He played well in those 33 games (7 goals and 14 points), but there could be some concern about his reliability moving forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Zac Ronaldo is not vaccinated . A requirement of being a blue jacket is that he be vaccinated . 

And i suppose he has that right. If you chose not to be vaccinated then your also agreeing to the consequences as far as i'm concerned. They (anti vaxers) talk about rights, but what about the rights of the vaccinated to protect themselves and minimize the risk to their health and that of their family and friends? If you chose to put alcohol in your body you can't drive a car (although some do) and if you chose to do so, then again,,, you suffer the consequences. Is there much difference? Should have posted this in the Virus thread but because it's hockey related in this case,,,,,,,,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

And i suppose he has that right. If you chose not to be vaccinated then your also agreeing to the consequences as far as i'm concerned. They (anti vaxers) talk about rights, but what about the rights of the vaccinated to protect themselves and minimize the risk to their health and that of their family and friends? If you chose to put alcohol in your body you can't drive a car (although some do) and if you chose to do so, then again,,, you suffer the consequences. Is there much difference? Should have posted this in the Virus thread but because it's hockey related in this case,,,,,,,,

Agreed! What all these pro choice people are forgetting,  is about everyone else. If a company is telling me,  that I have to get vaccinated,  why should I have to work with someone who is pro choice, that refuses to get vaccinated.  I'm all for pro choice, but don't drag me down with you. And, you will have to live with your decision. Not sure how this will affect Ylonen, as I see, that he has been invited to the main camp, after missing all of the rookie camp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like former Hab draft pick, Cole Fonstad is at Columbus Blue Jackets' camp. Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Cole Fonstad to a One-Way American Hockey League Contract with the Cleveland Monsters  Always thought that this guy had promise, but fell victim to the 50 contract numbers game. I think the Habs chose Cam Hillis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, H_T_L said:

And i suppose he has that right. If you chose not to be vaccinated then your also agreeing to the consequences as far as i'm concerned. They (anti vaxers) talk about rights, but what about the rights of the vaccinated to protect themselves and minimize the risk to their health and that of their family and friends? If you chose to put alcohol in your body you can't drive a car (although some do) and if you chose to do so, then again,,, you suffer the consequences. Is there much difference? Should have posted this in the Virus thread but because it's hockey related in this case,,,,,,,,

I disagree my family has a history of heart conditions, 3 really close family members have passed away before the age of 65 due to massive heart attacks (my father, Grandmother and an aunt all on my father's side). Since one of the major side effects is a heart condition and we do not know the long term effects the vaccines have on the body, for me this COULD potentially mean I have less than 20 years of my life left. I am not anti vaccine not even close but to suggest that everyone not vaccinated deserves the conciquences without actually knowing why they are not vaccinated is irresponsible and discriminatory. There is a small portion of the population who simply choose not to get vaccinated and are anti vaccine and you comparing an experimental vaccine to alcohol is ridiculous. Everyone knows what the short and long term affects alcohol has on the body but we are STILL just finding out what the short term effects are for the vaccine and won't even know one long term effect for 5-10 more years. I am not saying don't get vaccinated, I am just saying try to understand why some people might not want to be vaccinated before lumping every unvaccinated person together and say they deserve the consequences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

I disagree my family has a history of heart conditions, 3 really close family members have passed away before the age of 65 due to massive heart attacks (my father, Grandmother and an aunt all on my father's side). Since one of the major side effects is a heart condition and we do not know the long term effects the vaccines have on the body, for me this COULD potentially mean I have less than 20 years of my life left. I am not anti vaccine not even close but to suggest that everyone not vaccinated deserves the conciquences without actually knowing why they are not vaccinated is irresponsible and discriminatory. There is a small portion of the population who simply choose not to get vaccinated and are anti vaccine and you comparing an experimental vaccine to alcohol is ridiculous. Everyone knows what the short and long term affects alcohol has on the body but we are STILL just finding out what the short term effects are for the vaccine and won't even know one long term effect for 5-10 more years. I am not saying don't get vaccinated, I am just saying try to understand why some people might not want to be vaccinated before lumping every unvaccinated person together and say they deserve the consequences.

WOW. I am CERTAINLY not talking about people with legit medical reasons for not getting vaccinated. The alcohol reference was intended as an example of people breaking the rules in place, just like wearing seatbelts or smoking indoors in public places to point out a few. My message is strictly directed at those choosing not to get vaccinated for political reasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, electron58 said:

 Not sure how this will affect Ylonen, as I see, that he has been invited to the main camp, after missing all of the rookie camp.

Leave it to the Montreal Canadiens to be different 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

WOW. I am CERTAINLY not talking about people with legit medical reasons for not getting vaccinated. The alcohol reference was intended as an example of people breaking the rules in place, just like wearing seatbelts or smoking indoors in public places to point out a few. My message is strictly directed at those choosing not to get vaccinated for political reasons. 

Thing is though, most experts are now saying everyone should get vaccinated & the ONLY exception is if you had a severe reaction to the first dose.  Can it trigger things? sure. I have had Crohn's disease my entire life and both shots gave me flare ups.  It wasnt fun for a couple of weeks but every Crohn's society i have looked at has said the side effects from the vaccine pale compared to the potential risks if you have Crohn's and actually got Covid.  

Im not suggesting vaccines should be mandatory but when every single expert out there is telling you the risks are greater with the disease than the vaccine, I think you need to stop listening to the conspiracy theorists.

Most medication/vaccines have drug trials of thousands or tens of thousands.  The Covid Vaccines are now in 2.5 billion people's arms. Sure, we havent had long-term studies but these are not 100% new vaccines. They are based on long established medicine that does have years and years of study.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

WOW. I am CERTAINLY not talking about people with legit medical reasons for not getting vaccinated. The alcohol reference was intended as an example of people breaking the rules in place, just like wearing seatbelts or smoking indoors in public places to point out a few. My message is strictly directed at those choosing not to get vaccinated for political reasons. 

Sorry, I read this line "If you chose not to be vaccinated then your also agreeing to the consequences as far as i'm concerned"  to mean literally what it says. My apologies for the misunderstanding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...