Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 NHL News and Scores


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Sorry, I read this line "If you chose not to be vaccinated then your also agreeing to the consequences as far as i'm concerned"  to mean literally what it says. My apologies for the misunderstanding

I guess i should have been clearer. My definition of an anti vaxer is somebody who is refusing for no other reason then political (your infringing on my rights) or somebody who believes in the conspiracy theory's floating around, such as your being injected with tracers or it makes you magnetic somehow. Then there's the ones who fear the ingredients used to manufacture the drug, yet have no problem ingesting something like a Big Mac for example, despite all the crap and chemical preservatives they use that keeps them looking the same after months/years. At some point they need to do the research and make an educated decision rather then have a knee jerk reaction. I have a couple of relatives like that who just leave me shaking my head at some of the idiotic reasoning they throw at me. I also sympathize with pregnant women, as this hasn't been approved for children under 12 yet. I think they should also be medically exempt at this time if they chose to hold off.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, H_T_L said:

And i suppose he has that right. If you chose not to be vaccinated then your also agreeing to the consequences as far as i'm concerned. They (anti vaxers) talk about rights, but what about the rights of the vaccinated to protect themselves and minimize the risk to their health and that of their family and friends? If you chose to put alcohol in your body you can't drive a car (although some do) and if you chose to do so, then again,,, you suffer the consequences. Is there much difference? Should have posted this in the Virus thread but because it's hockey related in this case,,,,,,,,

So, to be clear, Ylonen,  refusing to get vaccinated,  which is his right, risks having an NHL career, which is his right. This, would be his consequence,  which is his right. Giving up his dream, to exercise his right to pro choice, is admirable and unfortunate.  Here's hoping, that Ylonen has a plan B.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I guess i should have been clearer. My definition of an anti vaxer is somebody who is refusing for no other reason then political (your infringing on my rights) or somebody who believes in the conspiracy theory's floating around, such as your being injected with tracers or it makes you magnetic somehow. Then there's the ones who fear the ingredients used to manufacture the drug, yet have no problem ingesting something like a Big Mac for example, despite all the crap and chemical preservatives they use that keeps them looking the same after months/years. At some point they need to do the research and make an educated decision rather then have a knee jerk reaction. I have a couple of relatives like that who just leave me shaking my head at some of the idiotic reasoning they throw at me. I also sympathize with pregnant women, as this hasn't been approved for children under 12 yet. I think they should also be medically exempt at this time if they chose to hold off.

 

Agreed with all of this, like I said I thought you were just lumping everyone together my bad lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Sabres jack Eichel fails his physical and is stripped of his captaincy 

I mean, he has a herniated disk in his neck - you would think the sabres might handle this a bit more deftly... very odd.  They are going to completely destroy his value before they move him... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Montreal will start the season with the lowest attendance in the nhl ( 33 % )  Vancouver @50 % and all other teams 100 % .   The leafs are expecting to be able to play @ 100 % capacity . We’ll see if the government allows them . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Bode Wilde is the islander player not vaccinated. He’s “ hoping his human rights are enough to allow him to play ….. what a world. “


 

Lou has said he wont be participating in camp, playing on the main roster - and possibly not even allowed to play for the AHL affiliate.   "Anyone who wasn’t vaccinated wouldn’t be participating and we will find somewhere else for that player to play."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Montreal will start the season with the lowest attendance in the nhl ( 33 % )  Vancouver @50 % and all other teams 100 % .   The leafs are expecting to be able to play @ 100 % capacity . We’ll see if the government allows them . 

Well,,, restrictions in my business indoors is that fully vaccinated spectators are now allowed as long as they can social distance with masks. If the Leafs get an exemption that allows them 100% attendance i'll be pissed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2021/09/22/detroit-red-wings-tyler-bertuzzi-refuses-covid-19-vaccine-nhl-training-camp/5815307001/

Detroit Red Wings' Tyler Bertuzzi refuses COVID-19 vaccine, taking Canada games off table

"It's his decision," Yzerman said Wednesday, on the eve of camp. "I am not in a position to force anyone. We can't force anyone to get vaccinated. I personally am vaccinated, my family is vaccinated. I'll leave it at that." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2021/09/22/detroit-red-wings-tyler-bertuzzi-refuses-covid-19-vaccine-nhl-training-camp/5815307001/

Detroit Red Wings' Tyler Bertuzzi refuses COVID-19 vaccine, taking Canada games off table

"It's his decision," Yzerman said Wednesday, on the eve of camp. "I am not in a position to force anyone. We can't force anyone to get vaccinated. I personally am vaccinated, my family is vaccinated. I'll leave it at that." 

At least 8 games and $400k he'll forgo for this decision.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-archibalds-selfish-anti-vaccine-stance-not-worth-risk/

For Oilers, Archibald’s selfish anti-vaccine stance is not worth the risk

 

EDMONTON — One is a player who opted to honour his commitment to his new team in Edmonton. The other, just another selfish anti-vaxxer who is betting on himself, somewhat foolishly.

One is a player the general manager staked his reputation on, with much pedigree and a handful of Stanley Cup rings. A guy who came to town billed as a leader, and then backed it up when he rolled up his sleeve despite obvious misgivings about being vaccinated.

Sure, Duncan Keith should have gotten vaccinated a month sooner. But give him some credit for putting the team — society and the Oilers — ahead of himself. Even if he waited until the 11th hour to do it.

Then there is depth winger Josh Archibald, who will be replaced by Game 1 of the regular season if he doesn’t give his head a shake. He is from that young, conspiracy-oriented demographic that has been suckered in by far-right disinformation, and tweets about idiocy like “the plandemic.

 

PS Archibald sounds like an idiot 

The Hidden Agenda Behind Covid 19 - Plandemic (Was Covid-19 a plan?) https://youtu.be/EAa8FLInScc via

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Regis22 said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-archibalds-selfish-anti-vaccine-stance-not-worth-risk/

For Oilers, Archibald’s selfish anti-vaccine stance is not worth the risk

 

EDMONTON — One is a player who opted to honour his commitment to his new team in Edmonton. The other, just another selfish anti-vaxxer who is betting on himself, somewhat foolishly.

One is a player the general manager staked his reputation on, with much pedigree and a handful of Stanley Cup rings. A guy who came to town billed as a leader, and then backed it up when he rolled up his sleeve despite obvious misgivings about being vaccinated.

Sure, Duncan Keith should have gotten vaccinated a month sooner. But give him some credit for putting the team — society and the Oilers — ahead of himself. Even if he waited until the 11th hour to do it.

Then there is depth winger Josh Archibald, who will be replaced by Game 1 of the regular season if he doesn’t give his head a shake. He is from that young, conspiracy-oriented demographic that has been suckered in by far-right disinformation, and tweets about idiocy like “the plandemic.

 

PS Archibald sounds like an idiot ( my opinion only )

The Hidden Agenda Behind Covid 19 - Plandemic (Was Covid-19 a plan?) https://youtu.be/EAa8FLInScc via

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Montreal will start the season with the lowest attendance in the nhl ( 33 % )  Vancouver @50 % and all other teams 100 % .   The leafs are expecting to be able to play @ 100 % capacity . We’ll see if the government allows them . 

probably will if fans attending have a vaccine passport 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, arpem-can said:

probably will if fans attending have a vaccine passport 

But that's not what the current rules dictate in Ontario. You need to be fully vaccinated indoors AND socially distanced as spectators. That's the rules my business is working under and i would expect that also applies to NHL teams in Ontario.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...