Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 Rumours


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I also think that MB is targeting a PMD or a Centre at this point. We have Toffoli, Anderson, Hoffman, Gallagher, Caufield, Drouin, Lehkonen, Byron, Perreault and possibly Ylonen - thats 10 guys vying for 8 spots, with about 6 or 7 of them as legitimate top 2 line wingers on most teams.   IMHO some of them get moved before the start of the season & I dont see MB brining in more wingers in the meantime, but who knows. 

Well Byron will miss 5 months ( back January ? ) and Ylonen will probably be assigned to Laval ( unless he surprises ) so there's your 8 :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Well Byron will miss 5 months ( back January ? ) and Ylonen will probably be assigned to Laval ( unless he surprises ) so there's your 8 :D

Thats still a ton of top 6 wingers playing in your bottom 6.  You're going to be paying guys $4, $5 or $6m to play on a line with Jake Evans... seems unlikely but who knows.  Trades are hard. lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Thats still a ton of top 6 wingers playing in your bottom 6.  You're going to be paying guys $4, $5 or $6m to play on a line with Jake Evans... seems unlikely but who knows.  Trades are hard. lol. 

Yeah something is going to have to give or perhaps we now know ''you can't have to many wingers''......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Thats still a ton of top 6 wingers playing in your bottom 6.  You're going to be paying guys $4, $5 or $6m to play on a line with Jake Evans... seems unlikely but who knows.  Trades are hard. lol. 

 

2 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yeah something is going to have to give or perhaps we now know ''you can't have to many wingers''......

I don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation, I just want to say that I will never not laugh at these lines :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Per Elliott Friedman ; one GM is hearing  more players prefer not to play in Canada due to taxes , social media snd tighter pandemic restrictions 

 

what would the social media have to do with playing in Canada vs the US?  We have all the same social networks... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 3:55 PM, maas_art said:

Thats still a ton of top 6 wingers playing in your bottom 6.  You're going to be paying guys $4, $5 or $6m to play on a line with Jake Evans... seems unlikely but who knows.  Trades are hard. lol. 

I don't totally agree with this because it looks like 3 pretty solid lines that can score ...it's maybe only 1 player from the top 9 ( possibly Drouin - barring a trade )  that falls in that category as being guys paid 4 ,5 or 6 mill to play with Evans who actually might centre the 3rd line when it's all said and done    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

what would the social media have to do with playing in Canada vs the US?  We have all the same social networks... 

Basically in Canada there pretty much is only Hockey. So the scrutiny is far more impactful.  This site alone is very telling. There is always a least something on here 365 days a year. In the states I hear football talk year around even though it has the shortest season. College sports get as much media and air time as pro sports. Tampa just won the cup back to back and they can probably go to the store and resume a relaxing everyday life. Foot ball season is starting preseason and fans have moved on. Along with Baseball, Baketball, Nascar, Golf ect. I love Hockey and don't pay a lot of attention to most of the other sports. I grew up on a border town though and played hockey starting at about 3 like most. Toews took the whole season off and even though Chicago is a good hockey market the fans there were fairly quite about it and let him be. I know a lot of Hawks fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Basically in Canada there pretty much is only Hockey. So the scrutiny is far more impactful.  This site alone is very telling. There is always a least something on here 365 days a year. In the states I hear football talk year around even though it has the shortest season. College sports get as much media and air time as pro sports. Tampa just won the cup back to back and they can probably go to the store and resume a relaxing everyday life. Foot ball season is starting preseason and fans have moved on. Along with Baseball, Baketball, Nascar, Golf ect. I love Hockey and don't pay a lot of attention to most of the other sports. I grew up on a border town though and played hockey starting at about 3 like most. Toews took the whole season off and even though Chicago is a good hockey market the fans there were fairly quite about it and let him be. I know a lot of Hawks fans. 

I agree with everything you just said. I thinks what CaptWelly is saying is that there's no difference in social Media. Hockey is on the Bottom of the list in the US for sure. but there's almost as many hockey fan's down there. Like I don't know what the numbers are but with close to 350mil to our 39mil. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Per Elliott Friedman ; one GM is hearing  more players prefer not to play in Canada due to taxes , social media snd tighter pandemic restrictions 

 

So is Friedman trying to say professional sports players don't get lambasted in the States when they play poorly? I'd bet they read worse things in the States than they ever would in Canada. Just wait until the next Civil War starts. They'll be begging to play up here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Any thoughts on the Dvorak rumblings? Looks like he could be a solid addition as long as the price is reasonable. Drouin + Mysak and maybe a 2nd?

would definitely make us better down the middle.  I would feel more comfortable heading into the season with Suzukui - JK - Dvorak - Evans. All young but some experience between Dvorak, JK and Suzuki.  

I worry that JK would get pushed down the 3rd line but i guess better that happens for another young player like Dvorak than if we signed some 32-35 year old vet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Any thoughts on the Dvorak rumblings? Looks like he could be a solid addition as long as the price is reasonable. Drouin + Mysak and maybe a 2nd?

I like the thinking on Dvorak and that cost you propose isn’t prohibitive. Drouin could be viewed as damaged goods so adding a draft choice and an alternative prospect like Jordan Harris may suffice. 
I think that gives KK sufficient protection to further develop but first things first - KK has to be signed to a bridge deal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Any thoughts on the Dvorak rumblings? Looks like he could be a solid addition as long as the price is reasonable. Drouin + Mysak and maybe a 2nd?

my understanding is they want the equivalent of two firsts. Also I don't think we trade Drouin if he's ready and is willing to play here, he's our best french player by far now. Guhle and a first for Dvorak? I'd rather give up more and go after Eichel if possible I just don't think Dvorak is worth that much even though he's be a good fit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

would definitely make us better down the middle.  I would feel more comfortable heading into the season with Suzukui - JK - Dvorak - Evans. All young but some experience between Dvorak, JK and Suzuki.  

I worry that JK would get pushed down the 3rd line but i guess better that happens for another young player like Dvorak than if we signed some 32-35 year old vet. 

One positive is that it’s going to be a heck of a third line for whoever centre’s it.

1 hour ago, claremont said:

I like the thinking on Dvorak and that cost you propose isn’t prohibitive. Drouin could be viewed as damaged goods so adding a draft choice and an alternative prospect like Jordan Harris may suffice. 
I think that gives KK sufficient protection to further develop but first things first - KK has to be signed to a bridge deal 

1 hour ago, habsisme said:

my understanding is they want the equivalent of two firsts. Also I don't think we trade Drouin if he's ready and is willing to play here, he's our best french player by far now. Guhle and a first for Dvorak? I'd rather give up more and go after Eichel if possible I just don't think Dvorak is worth that much even though he's be a good fit

I like Eichel, but I’m afraid the price and risk are just too high. Dvorak would make for a very nice alternative. And yes, I’m aware of their asking price, and there’s room to sweeten the pot a bit, but I’d be hesitant to include Guhle or Phoeling or Norlinder. But as Claremont mentioned above, Harris could be an option, maybe Strubble. We have a lot of B level prospects, I’m sure a package could be put together that works for both teams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, habsisme said:

my understanding is they want the equivalent of two firsts. Also I don't think we trade Drouin if he's ready and is willing to play here, he's our best french player by far now. Guhle and a first for Dvorak? I'd rather give up more and go after Eichel if possible I just don't think Dvorak is worth that much even though he's be a good fit

 

3 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

One positive is that it’s going to be a heck of a third line for whoever centre’s it.

I like Eichel, but I’m afraid the price and risk are just too high. Dvorak would make for a very nice alternative. And yes, I’m aware of their asking price, and there’s room to sweeten the pot a bit, but I’d be hesitant to include Guhle or Phoeling or Norlinder. But as Claremont mentioned above, Harris could be an option, maybe Strubble. We have a lot of B level prospects, I’m sure a package could be put together that works for both teams

Yeah, from what I understand, the Sabres are looking for an insane haul for Eichel.  He's an elite talent - maybe a top 5 centre in the league, just in his prime, but if the rumour that they want Suzuki + JK + ______ is true, then absolutely positively, no thanks. 

If JK was the main part of the deal (say, JK + Guhle + 1st or something) I can live with Eichel - Suzuki - Evans - Pacquette/Poehling because even though our bottom 2 lines are so-so, our top 2 lines would be oustanding.

If you could acquire Dvorak for wingers + picks, that may actually be even better.  Now you have Suzuki, Dvorak, Kotkaniemi, Evans, Poehling and Pacquette down the middle.   5 of those guys are either just hitting their prime or not even there yet.  Sure, you dont have the top end talent like Eichel but you have 3 guys who are all arguably top 2 centres.   Id be down for that. 

It also keeps MB's nice little "salary hierarchy" with no one (but Price) making crazy money meaning we can spend throughout the lineup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

The ridiculous ( IMO ) rumour on Instagram today is that the Habs have interest in Alex galchenyuk. They could reunite Suzuki and caulfield and galchenyuk 

The Centerman of MB's dreams.:ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

The ridiculous ( IMO ) rumour on Instagram today is that the Habs have interest in Alex galchenyuk. They could reunite Suzuki and caulfield and galchenyuk 

Well i mean he did give them that brilliant pass in OT... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

The ridiculous ( IMO ) rumour on Instagram today is that the Habs have interest in Alex galchenyuk. They could reunite Suzuki and caulfield and galchenyuk 

he really makes very little sense for the habs. If the leafs don't take him he may be out of the NHL, he definitely makes sense for the leafs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zibanejad Out, Eichel in for Rangers?

According to Rick Carpiniello, a reporter with The Athletic who covers the New York Rangers, the Sabres and Rangers might be working on a blockbuster trade involving Eichel and Zibanejad. He doesn’t say that the players will be swapped one-for-one and he doesn’t even suggest Zibanejad winds up a Sabre, only that Zibanejad could be moved as part of a trade.

Hart Gets New Three-Year Deal

As announced by the Philadelphia Flyers organization, goaltender Carter Hart signed a three-year extension on Monday. He landed a $3.979 million deal on the heels of his worst season in the NHL as a netminder. The financials are a nod to his jersey number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...