The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 Rumours

Rangers buy out Tony DeAngelo...

25 years old.  RHD.  106 points in 206 nhl games (including 53 in 68 before this one) and we know MB tried to get him last year during all the broo ha ha in NY.

\Obviously there's huge question marks because of his vocal political views but damn he sounds like exactly what we need, for probably a very reasonable price... 

38 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Rangers buy out Tony DeAngelo...

25 years old.  RHD.  106 points in 206 nhl games (including 53 in 68 before this one) and we know MB tried to get him last year during all the broo ha ha in NY.

\Obviously there's huge question marks because of his vocal political views but damn he sounds like exactly what we need, for probably a very reasonable price... 

I‘d be interested no doubt, but I don‘t think he‘d be having a good time in Montreal given his history. He may not even consider signing here, depending on his options of course. Sports and politics don’t tend to go very well together I think, as soon as there‘s a dip in performance that stuff will be brought up for sure.

26 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

I‘d be interested no doubt, but I don‘t think he‘d be having a good time in Montreal given his history. He may not even consider signing here, depending on his options of course. Sports and politics don’t tend to go very well together I think, as soon as there‘s a dip in performance that stuff will be brought up for sure.

For sure. The real question is whether the "leaders" on the team can have some control over him and at least get him to stop running his mouth. My understanding is that he's basically done with Social Media which was the biggest issue he had in NY.  

Interestingly one guy who was always a big supporter of him is our newly hired assistant coach, Trevor Letowski.   Im sure its totally a coincidence but if MB was considering signing TD then bringing in a guy who he used to listen to might not be the worst idea... 

Rasmus Ristolainen traded from Buffalo to the flyers

in exchange for the first round pick (13th overall) in the 2021 NHL Draft, a second round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft and defenseman Robert Hagg

Seems kinda steep

51 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Rasmus Ristolainen traded from Buffalo to the flyers

in exchange for the first round pick (13th overall) in the 2021 NHL Draft, a second round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft and defenseman Robert Hagg

Seems kinda steep

Agree - I’m glad we didn’t pay the price for that one considering risto isn’t signed for after this year. 
MB is shopping Kinot tonight for an 8th rounder 

2 minutes ago, claremont said:

Agree - I’m glad we didn’t pay the price for that one considering risto isn’t signed for after this year. 
MB is shopping Kinot tonight for an 8th rounder 

If RR went for that much, I wonder what Seth Jones will cost!

no one will bite for Kinot, we're unfortunately stuck with him :/

6 minutes ago, habsisme said:

If RR went for that much, I wonder what Seth Jones will cost!

no one will bite for Kinot, we're unfortunately stuck with him :/

I may be alone on this one but I'm glad we still have him :wub:

2 minutes ago, Regis22 said:
37 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Vancouver canucks close to acquiring Oliver Ekman larson And connor garland 

confirmed for beagle, Rousseau, Ladd, Erickson    Plus draft pick and salary retention 

54 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Vancouver canucks close to acquiring Oliver Ekman larson And connor garland 

15 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

confirmed for beagle, Rousseau, Ladd, Erickson    Plus draft pick and salary retention 

Ooff.  OEL is a great player but that a big contract... i know Arizona is apparently retaining some salary but... 

7 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Eliot Friedman thinks David savard to Montreal 

2 minutes ago, habsisme said:

he's the exact type of player MB will overpay for

Yup and exactly the type of guy we dont need.   Im sure he'd be fine but we have the opportunity to improve, we shoudl take it not go backwards. 

Pretty thankful we avoided Ristolainen and OEL.

David Savard has already said he's interested in playing in Canada and we have a huge hole at RHD. So it makes sense. Hopefully if we sign him it's to a reasonable contract. No more deals like he handed out to Alzner, Chiarot, Edmundson, etc. Sign a bottom pairing player to a bottom pairing contract.

Rumor is that Carolina is looking to move Bean still and that the ask is a 2nd rounder. If I'm MB I jump on that right away. We have two 2nd's and they're at the end of the round anyways. Small price to pay for a guy who could play in your top 4 next year and who might be your best LHD right away.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Pretty thankful we avoided Ristolainen and OEL.

David Savard has already said he's interested in playing in Canada and we have a huge hole at RHD. So it makes sense. Hopefully if we sign him it's to a reasonable contract. No more deals like he handed out to Alzner, Chiarot, Edmundson, etc. Sign a bottom pairing player to a bottom pairing contract.

Marc Bergevin would totally sign him to something like four years at $5+ million.

9 minutes ago, Mr--Huet said:

How good is bean?  Sounds like a good deal for a second rounder although I don't know much about him other than the tsn bio lol.  Much better than the other trades going on anyways

Bean has had 2 good seasons in the ahl and a 13th overall pick 6-1 186 with some size- I guess Carolina didn’t like us but that’s a pretty good trade in Columbus favor imo 

I guess we have such a solid LHD prospect pipeline plus Edmundson Chiarot Kulak Romanov (who is also RHD plus insurance at his natural LHD) that Bergevin doesn’t or may not see this as immediate need - problem is there is too much overlap with Edmundson and Chiarot style of play and neither are PP material 

7 minutes ago, claremont said:

Bean has had 2 good seasons in the ahl and a 13th overall pick 6-1 186 with some size- I guess Carolina didn’t like us but that’s a pretty good trade in Columbus favor imo 

I guess we have such a solid LHD prospect pipeline plus Edmundson Chiarot Kulak Romanov (who is also RHD plus insurance at his natural LHD) that Bergevin doesn’t or may not see this as immediate need - problem is there is too much overlap with Edmundson and Chiarot style of play and neither are PP material 

They haven't forgotten the Aho offer sheet.