The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jokes/Funny Stories

H_T_L

Houston - This man led police on a chase on Interstate 10 in a stolen Dodge Challenger Hellcat.  With a top speed of 200 MPH, police and a helicopter couldn't keep up.  Just when the cops thought they lost him,  the Challenger Hellcat was spotted on the side of the road, apparently out of gas.  The suspect, however, was spotted walking casually out of the woods and into the middle of a cow pasture while talking on a cellphone.  His excuse was he let the Challenger run out of gas so they could catch up to him.  He got three years in prison.  

Mobile, Alabama - First, a man is accused of stealing a firetruck from directly in front of the fire station.  This suspect has never met a camera he didn't like and when the camera crew arrived, he introduced himself to the female reporter saying 'I'm running for mayor of Mobile, Alabama, baby!'  When asked if he stole the firetruck, he responded saying he wouldn't have stolen it if he had a woman like her and said God told him to steal it.  The camera crew turned to another suspect asking him if he stole a vehicle.  He responded by saying the first suspect didn't do anything that he did everything.  He added that he promised to steal a police car when released from custody.  He'll have to wait awhile since he's up on charges of first degree theft and first degree burglary.  

Oconee County, South Carolina - A was spotted riding a stolen horse down the street and took into a home and hid it the bedroom.  Deputies made contact with the suspect's father who said he wasn't supposed to be there.  The father demanded his son come out of the bedroom and when deputies tried to arrest him, he went back in.  It was then the deputies spotted the quarter horse standing in the middle of the bedroom.  The suspect is charged with larceny of livestock.  

Kenosha, Wisconsin - A 19 year old woman visiting a friend's home needed to know two things.  First, he had a cat and a gun.  Our bozo picked up the taser and used to tease the cat which chased it.  The gun went striking the man in the thigh and the cops were called.  The man was charged with violating bond conditions which prohibited him from having a weapon.  The woman was charged with negligent use of a weapon.  

Clearwater, Florida - A 49 year old man robbed a convenience store of Snickers bar at knifepoint.  The suspect entered the convenience store asking for free food but was denied by the clerk.  The suspect then pulled out a folding knife and pointed it at the clerk saying 'Don't make me doing anything stupid for a Snickers bar.'  The clerk handed over the Snickers bar but the suspect left the candy bar on the front counter.  When questioned by a sheriff's deputy, the suspect claimed he was trading the knife for the candy bar.  Needless to say, the barter claim didn't work and the suspect was arrested for armed robbery.  

True story, I kid you not. 

When my wife and I wintered in Yuma AZ.,in '04-05. As we were returned on from the trip, we returned along the southern route from AZ thru N.M. and into TX., Louisiana Allabama and then north. As I was in charge of planning our trip, where to stay, Walmarts, etc. I wanted to see losts ofi interesting  stuff on our return. 

OK, you know the backstory. 

In TX, we went to checkin at Brazos Bend State park about 40 miles west from Galveston. The park had deer, and alligators. At the checkin, I told the ranger that I wanted to have a site. NP, or so I thought. I aksed for a site and was told "I have to call Austin" (capital of TX.).  Ummm, why, I asked, and was told that those are the regulations. They actually have to cal Austin to see if the Brazos State Park, have a site for us. Clue the twilightt zone theme.

On 8/24/2021 at 12:07 AM, kinot-2 said:

True story, I kid you not. 

When my wife and I wintered in Yuma AZ.,in '04-05. As we were returned on from the trip, we returned along the southern route from AZ thru N.M. and into TX., Louisiana Allabama and then north. As I was in charge of planning our trip, where to stay, Walmarts, etc. I wanted to see losts ofi interesting  stuff on our return. 

OK, you know the backstory. 

In TX, we went to checkin at Brazos Bend State park about 40 miles west from Galveston. The park had deer, and alligators. At the checkin, I told the ranger that I wanted to have a site. NP, or so I thought. I aksed for a site and was told "I have to call Austin" (capital of TX.).  Ummm, why, I asked, and was told that those are the regulations. They actually have to cal Austin to see if the Brazos State Park, have a site for us. Clue the twilightt zone theme.

Don't they keep track of anything?  Or do they just let the inmates run the asylum?  

Iowa City, Iowa - A 19 year old man got into a heated argument with another man at an apartment complex and attempted to walk away when he spotted the cops.  The officers noticed a large bulge under his shirt near the waistline.  When the officers handcuffed the suspect, a large bag of marijuana fell out.  He not claimed the pot wasn't his, but the shirt wasn't his either.  Nice try.  It didn't go over with the police.  The suspect was charged with felony and misdemeanor drug counts.  

Carrollton, Texas - A thief knew what he wanted:  a big screen TV in an office building.  First, he puts on a mask and gloves.  Then, he grabbed a landscape rock and broke in.  He positioned himself in front of the TV and grabbed a hold of it and pulled it off the wall only to find the TV was too heavy for him to handle.  He crashed to the ground with the big screen on top of him.  He thought better of the situation and left empty handed, but the whole thing was caught on security camera.