The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

UFA signings

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Joe Thornton 1 year $750,000 Florida panthers 

Really surprised he hasnt hung them up.  I mean i could understand if you kept upping with your long time team like if he had stayed in SJ but Toronto & now florida?  Dude had 2 NHL seasons under his belt before Kotkaniemi, Caufield or Suzuki were BORN.  Its time to retire Joe!

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Joe Thornton 1 year $750,000 Florida panthers 

Going to love seeing him play against our division especially versus the leafs simply for the humor of it all. It’s a joke that he takes up a development roster spot 

28 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

Watch out for Florida this season. He adds some missing leadership. But this team is going to be very good. 

Or not, you never know if things are going to gel or not if it does they could be great but that town has had good teams on paper before and done nothing.

49 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Or not, you never know if things are going to gel or not if it does they could be great but that town has had good teams on paper before and done nothing.

Haha yeah there is something about the Florida Panthers that just makes my mind automatically shuffle them off into the "non-factor" category.  How many years now has that team been just on the cusp of being great, or even been at the point of being great on paper, and it's just never really come together for them?  I mean maybe this year is the year, but history is not on their side.

58 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

8 minutes ago, Manatee-X said:

Haha yeah there is something about the Florida Panthers that just makes my mind automatically shuffle them off into the "non-factor" category.  How many years now has that team been just on the cusp of being great, or even been at the point of being great on paper, and it's just never really come together for them?  I mean maybe this year is the year, but history is not on their side.

yeah I feel the same way about Florida. People keep putting Tampa, Toronto, Florida and Boston ahead of us in the division. Which is certainly a possibility but I'm betting on Florida and Boston not doing as well as people think they will

49 minutes ago, Manatee-X said:

For sure. Its odd.

28 seasons, 7 playoff appearances... on paper they've had some great players but are usually a 4th or 5th seed... 

I do think they will be good this year but it wouldnt surprise me at all if they werent. 

I find Joe's comment about Florida being a team that impressed him last year in the play-offs interesting at best and perhaps a hidden message in there ...the Leafs didn't offer him a contract ...he ran out of gas last year for the them as was expected after so much fanfare and the same will happen this year with the Panthers ...I give him 35 maybe 40 games before his body starts to complain  

2 hours ago, arpem-can said:

I find Joe's comment about Florida being a team that impressed him last year in the play-offs interesting at best and perhaps a hidden message in there ...the Leafs didn't offer him a contract ...he ran out of gas last year for the them as was expected after so much fanfare and the same will happen this year with the Panthers ...I give him 35 maybe 40 games before his body starts to complain  

The interesting part will be that Quenneville will have the stones to bench him and not play him on back to back nights. The eunuch choir boy Young Sheldon had no such nuts to staple his a to the bench since he was in awe of his previous accomplishments 

2 hours ago, claremont said:

The interesting part will be that Quenneville will have the stones to bench him and not play him on back to back nights. The eunuch choir boy Young Sheldon had no such nuts to staple his a to the bench since he was in awe of his previous accomplishments 

:4224:...youre right

Philadelphia Flyers - Chuck Fletcher continued to funnel in experience this offseason by signing Derick Brassard on Wednesday to a one-year, $825,000 contract. Brassard, a forward,  turns 34 years old in September, has played 905 career games and 117 in the playoffs.

• H_T_L locked this topic