The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

UFA signings

• H_T_L changed the title to UFA opens TODAY

Barrie rumored to be in a  3yrs 4.5M AAV with Edm

Martinez deal revised report to 3 yrs 5.25M AAV (instead of 5M) With LV

Hyman coming in a 7 yrs 5.5M AAV with Edm

Not sure how Edm doesn't end up regretting those two deals.

In Carolina news, they're apparently likely to sign Freddy Andersen. And their final offer to Hamilton was 8 years, 6.2M AAV, so no wonder he walked away. That's a lowball offer to a top 10 D man in the league.

19 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

5.5 - 6m for Dano is way over priced, he is a star in his own head.  Can't score if his life depended on it, all this talk of him shutting town oppsoing teams top players went to his head.  This was the result of the lines work not just his.  Keep hearing LA is interested, well they can have him, with the salary he wants compared to what he brings to the table he will be on next years buyout list

He has averaged .50 points per game which isn't terrible really. While being primarily used as a defensive center with almost no power play time. No he's not Bergeron but take away any comparable centers power play points and then compare? To many considered "top" players take away PP points become average and it's shows once play offs start because pp's are less.  

4 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

In Carolina news, they're apparently likely to sign Freddy Andersen. And their final offer to Hamilton was 8 years, 6.2M AAV, so no wonder he walked away. That's a lowball offer to a top 10 D man in the league.

Yeah, Hamilton is gonna get WAY more than that today/tomorrow. I imagine he's looking at 6-7 years AAV $8M+.

Andersen confirmed to Car for two years, while Mrazek seems to be headed to Leafs. So a swap of sorts.

Zadorov traded to Cal, while Chi signing McCabe (a sneakily good signing perhaps).

And reports now that Mtl submitted another offer of 5 years, 5.5M AAV to Danault after the playoffs and he turned that down too and said he wants to go to market. How full of himself is Danault?

Just now, BigTed3 said:

And reports now that Mtl submitted another offer of 5 years, 5.5M AAV to Danault after the playoffs and he turned that down too and said he wants to go to market. How full of himself is Danault?

Well, if he gets something similar in a 'no personal income tax' state... That's extra money in the bank. Maybe he just wants to move on from Montreal. We made a fair offer, he declined... Maybe he doesn't like playing here or doesn't see the team being competitive in the future.

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Well, if he gets something similar in a 'no personal income tax' state... That's extra money in the bank. Maybe he just wants to move on from Montreal. We made a fair offer, he declined... Maybe he doesn't like playing here or doesn't see the team being competitive in the future.

Right. This seems like a Komisarek I-want-out-of-here situation. It's bizarre. It's like he was insulted no one saw him as a 1C as if he were Crosby or McDavid and he has been permanently upset by that.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

A lot of others may feel he can be more productive along with being great defensively. He was given almost zero PP time. Remember that when comparing to other centers minus their pp points then compare? We'll see what the market dictates. I will say I agree I think 5-5.5 will be the most he gets with the flat cap. 

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Right. This seems like a Komisarek I-want-out-of-here situation. It's bizarre. It's like he was insulted no one saw him as a 1C as if he were Crosby or McDavid and he has been permanently upset by that.

Yeah, it does seem like he really doesn't wanna play behind Suzuki and potentially KK. I feel like he wants to be firmly in a team's top six plans. And, to be honest, he would continue to get good ice time here... But if he's that worried about losing ice time, then maybe we should want him to move on too.

12 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah, it does seem like he really doesn't wanna play behind Suzuki and potentially KK. I feel like he wants to be firmly in a team's top six plans. And, to be honest, he would continue to get good ice time here... But if he's that worried about losing ice time, then maybe we should want him to move on too.

Entirely agree - $5.5M for a 3rd line centre is overpriced - I could hear the boo birds coming out for him, if he signed here and did not put up some reasonable points.

We cannot keep signing these fringe players like Savard, Pacquette, Wideman as recovery reclamation basement stuff - we need to make a trade or a big splash to fill a part of Weber's shoes and upgrade some scoring. I hope Bergevin can push his hair aside and open his eyes and the Molson wallet

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Barrie rumored to be in a  3yrs 4.5M AAV with Edm

Martinez deal revised report to 3 yrs 5.25M AAV (instead of 5M) With LV

Hyman coming in a 7 yrs 5.5M AAV with Edm

Not sure how Edm doesn't end up regretting those two deals.

Even LV.  Martinez is still a serviceable #4 but $5.25m for 3 more years... he's like 35 no? 

I have no problem exercising their right to get more value or opportunity somewhere else. We will soon see if Bergevin undervalued him by how we compete this season. Montreal can be a very tough place to play for a lot of players. 

The Oilers signing Martinez, Barrie and Hyman will definitely make them better. They have quite a few wholes to fill and will now have 4 legitimate top 4 forwards, nut have quite a few places on the third and 4th line to upgrade.

6 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Per arpon baso 

the price tag on David  savard might be shocking . Prepare yourselves 😅🤣

Ugg that doesnt sound good. Arpon is usually pretty accurate on these things so thats not good.   He (Savard) was making $4.25m a year his last contract I believe... 

• H_T_L changed the title to UFA signings
  • H_T_L locked this topic