The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

UFA signings

And Engels has added that he believes the Savard deal will be 4 years. This looks like it's going to be another disaster depth D man contract from Bergevin. Loves his journeymen grinders, and this one's a French Quebecer to boot.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

And Engels has added that he believes the Savard deal will be 4 years. This looks like it's going to be another disaster depth D man contract from Bergevin. Loves his journeymen grinders, and this one's a French Quebecer to boot.

Every single damn season. He gets one.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Given those reports, I'm guessing 4 years at 5M AAV.

Slow clap.

Just now, ChiLla said:

Slow clap.

I'll guess 4 years at 4.5M AAV. Either way, it's bad. He's worth about 2.5-3M on a two-year deal to me. I'm sure he could get more based on what teams are giving the likes of Ceci and Barrie, but it'd be a pass for me at that term/number.

5 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Slow clap.

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I'll guess 4 years at 4.5M AAV. Either way, it's bad. He's worth about 2.5-3M on a two-year deal to me. I'm sure he could get more based on what teams are giving the likes of Ceci and Barrie, but it'd be a pass for me at that term/number.

I'm gonna go cynical here and say it's 4 years at $6 million per season.

13 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Suter clocks in at 4 years 3.625M with Dallas. So Suter is going to cost less than Savard?

Yea but Savard is bilingual and he has a Stanley Cup - he is a character player who knows how to win - those are things you cant measure :)

5 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Yea but Savard is bilingual and he has a Stanley Cup - he is a character player who knows how to win - those are things you cant measure :)

Yeah lets over pay because he's bilingual and played on the bottom pairing of a stacked defense core.  Sounds exactly what MB will do

22 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Kypreos says 7 years, just over 60M total, so that's under 9M per season. I would have done that.

Me too - but i guess it also depends on whether he would even want to come to Montreal.   NJ is definitely a much smaller hockey spotlight.

35 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Slow clap.

I just cant see them signing him for more than Chiarot and Edmundson.    Im hoping it will be the same $3.5m  but i am probably deluding myself

• H_T_L changed the title to UFA signings
  • H_T_L locked this topic